+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Birdie g8r is on a distinguished road

2008 NHL Playoffs - GO SENS GO

21 pages is alot to go through, so I thought a new thread was in order.

Not a big fan of having the first home game on a Monday night, was hoping for a Sunday game.

I think the Sens can pull this one out. Gerber has been playing well (regardless of what Pierre Maguire says), we just need the defensive play to step up.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    What a difference a year makes .
    Last season the sabres were the favorites by a long mile but still the Sens fans got behind their team and they got to the finals .Every car had a banner or flag and the city had "RED FEVER"

This year , no one cares , the team limped into the playoffs , lost 2 key players , i've only seen a handful of banners and car flags , and no one gives the sens a chance in hell of beating the "outstanding" Penguins.

I'm still a Sens fan , even if they're up against it , i'll be rooting for them till the end . I believe that they can beat any team in the league , and the
    Penguins will find that out first hand ...

GO SENS GO

P.s. MaGuire is a muppett who clearly detests Ottawa , so the win will be even sweeter , when this overpaid fool makes yet another dumb comment and prediction.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    I'll be supporting them too. I'm not a flag in the car kind of guy though!
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Golf Guru Nat Williams is on a distinguished road Nat Williams's Avatar
    Sens in 6, and we take game 1 tonight!

GO SENS GO
    [SIZE=1]NCGT Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Green [/COLOR](06,07,08)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]OG / TGN Ryder Cup Team [COLOR=black]Ottawa [/COLOR](07) [/SIZE]

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Through thick and thin folks, that's the mark of a true fan. You're in the dance again, and anything can happen in the playoffs. Your chance is as good as anyone else's.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    I'm trying desperately to find some car flags out here. I'm definitely going to need them for the road trip back in May - remind everyone out West who has forgotten how awesome the Sens are (though the fact that the Sens will have already won their second round series by that point should put most people on notice)

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    GoSensGo.

For me the key is who gets the first goal. If we get it we win.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    This year , no one cares , the team limped into the playoffs , lost 2 key players , i've only seen a handful of banners and car flags , and no one gives the sens a chance in hell of beating the "outstanding" Penguins.
    I also noticed the lack of car flags this year. I think it also may have something to do with the fact they snap off at high speeds (I've had 3 of them snap)

Instead of a flag, as a show of support this year I'm going to paint my arse red and hang it out my car window on my afternoon commute. If that's not fan loyalty I don't know what is.

Sens in 7.

Spezza will be a MONSTER PERFORMER!!!
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    I also noticed the lack of car flags this year. I think it also may have something to do with the fact they snap off at high speeds (I've had 3 of them snap)

Instead of a flag, as a show of support this year I'm going to paint my arse red and hang it out my car window on my afternoon commute. If that's not fan loyalty I don't know what is.

Sens in 7.

Awesome

Eagle golfott is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post

P.s. MaGuire is a muppett who clearly detests Ottawa , so the win will be even sweeter , when this overpaid fool makes yet another dumb comment and prediction.
    not really sure how you can say this. he spent the first half of the season at least, going on about how good they were. how unbeatable they were, how alfredson should be MVP.

facts are facts, the team has STUNK since xmas, basement dwellers since that time. can't blame mcguire for it.

Shivas,

Can you please disclose your route home and approximate times you might be traveling said route, so that I could avoid it at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post

Sens in 7.

Why would i blame McGuire for Ottawas poor play ?
    He's not on the team .
    I'm just fed up with his negative comments towards Ottawa , On the band wagon when they were so hot , now picking them apart on tv because they're crap.
    He's great at stating the obvious...
    Regarding Ottawa's chances , the glass is half full ... IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by golfott View Post
    not really sure how you can say this. he spent the first half of the season at least, going on about how good they were. how unbeatable they were, how alfredson should be MVP.

facts are facts, the team has STUNK since xmas, basement dwellers since that time. can't blame mcguire for it.

well the Ottawa Martin Gerbers sure played well tonight.
    oh wait a minute, it is a team game, well not for the sens it wasn't.

what a pathetic excuse for a first game of the playoffs. The pens sure took it to them, if this is the way the sens are going to play, well guess they will be ready for when the golf courses open up here in Ottawa.

GOLFOTT,

Can you please shed some light on who "your" team is and how they are doing?

what a pathetic excuse for a first game of the playoffs. The pens sure took it to them, if this is the way the sens are going to play, well guess they will be ready for when the golf courses open up here in Ottawa.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar

Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    GOLFOTT,

Can you please shed some light on who "your" team is and how they are doing?
    what is the relevance here?

and i dare you to find fault with my post, you think the sens did play well? you think they can win by playing like that?

am i a leaf fan, yes i am, did they make the playoffs this year, no they didn't, but hey i didn't expect them too and i know they sucked mostly, so no big deal, but why is that the only come back anyone has when it is pointed out the sens are horrible right now, have been for a few months now really. If it wasn't for gerber, that game would have been a total shambles, ( if it is possible to be more of one) defense? where were they, ever, and team toughness, looked liked a bunch of minor bantam boys running around out there.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    I was telling a guy at work today to watch for Gary Roberts. He said, nah he won't be a factor, he's been out most of the season. I said, you have no idea how much he hates the Sens. If he's in the lineup, life will be hard for Ottawa.

Sure enough, 2 goals, 1st star.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    what is the relevance here?

and i dare you to find fault with my post, you think the sens did play well? you think they can win by playing like that?

am i a leaf fan, yes i am, did they make the playoffs this year, no they didn't, but hey i didn't expect them too and i know they sucked mostly, so no big deal, but why is that the only come back anyone has when it is pointed out the sens are horrible right now, have been for a few months now really. If it wasn't for gerber, that game would have been a total shambles, ( if it is possible to be more of one) defense? where were they, ever, and team toughness, looked liked a bunch of minor bantam boys running around out there.

Ya Ottawa played a poor game.... so whats your point? Why is it that the people that dont like or dont care about this team are the first one's to comment on there poor play. Watch TSN, watch the Devels/Rangers game if you dont like Ottawa's play. I think most people don't think Ottawa is going to do much...but there hope and they have the chance. So we cheer them on.
    Somthing I was taught in Kindergarden..."if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all." And it seems to me you never have anything nice to say!

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    PIT in 4, sens have no shot in this series
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Still think OTtawa in 5. I'd like to see some lineup changes. The following is what I would put on the ice next game, assuming Volchenkov is healthy.

Phillips and Lee
    Commodore and Volchenkov
    Redden and Volchenkov...with minimal ice time

Heatley Spezza Mcammond
    Vermette Robitaille Stillman
    Lapointe Donovan Neil (don't care that they're all right wingers)
    Schubert Bass Foligno

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Yes, the Sens did not look sharp on many occasions this evening.............but remember folks it was only 2-0 when Sens hit the post..............It might have been a different game if that puck went in.

1st goal was grit of 42 year old Gary Roberts and the Redden factor again...............Redden seems to be "somewhere else"........

2nd goal was breakdown at centre ice leading to the 2 on 1 with Malkin and Sykora. Can not blame Gerber on this one..............but those are the type of situations Martin will have to come up big if Sens have a chance in the series.......

It also seems that the Spezza to Heatley combination timing seems to be still off slightly. Early in the season the defence were not getting in front of the shots before Heatley got off his quick shot..........

Game 2 is a must win for the Sens.............who hopefully will have a better effort..
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Baxter
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    After what I saw tonight..I think you maybe ......WRONG ...... I did not think Pitt was so great...A break here or there and that game changes to 2 - 1...maybe Pitt than takes it to Ottawa but you never know.....

Hands down Commodore played like that sticky stuff on the bottom of your boot..My goodness he is playing like he wished he was not in Ottawa.

They just may not beat yet....Luck played a huge roll...Look at Roberts goal...he had no clue that would go in..he was lucky. But that is needed to win of course and it's better than bad luck like Stillman's post....

They also might wish to hit the net with their shots...
    Ottawa had 26 Pitt had 35 but

Ottawa had 21 missed and Pitt had 15....

Ottawa had 14 shots blocked Pitt had 8 blocked..

Pitt out hit Ott 35 hits to 29

Both Gave away the puck 4 times

Pitt took the puck away from Ottawa 8 times, Ottawa took it away 2 times...

Spezza 75% on face offs

Stall 59% on face offs.

Just some junk I was reading.....Don't know what it all means but it was something I thought was interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bullis View Post
    Don't know what it all means but it was something I thought was interesting

It means ottawa lost 4-0 GO PENS. Its like its hossas job to screw the sens. he did it while in ottawa and now doing it while in PIT
    willy

It means ottawa lost 4-0 GO PENS. Its like its hossas job to screw the sens. he did it while in ottawa and now doing it while in PIT
    Hossa didn't do anything tonight. He got some chances, but he couldn't score...as usual. He's the one guy on the ice they don't need to worry about.

Which translates............"I am a Leafs fan and want company on the golf course"............Nice try Silly..........
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    Which translates............"I am a Leafs fan and want company on the golf course"............Nice try Silly..........
    Sillywilly only lives in toronto but I'm a sens fan... but I'm blind. Sens can't beat pit IMO. They are on their way down, PIT is on their way up.
    willy

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Hossa didn't do anything tonight. He got some chances, but he couldn't score...as usual. He's the one guy on the ice they don't need to worry about.
    i could have sworn I saw him get a point, maybe I'm wrong
    willy

Sillywilly only lives in toronto .
    Enough said....................

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    Enough said....................
    Born and raised in ottawa!!! I love the city, just don't think the team is good this year and being a betting man... I'm not betting on them
    willy

I would ask that you take a page from your own book. If you don't like what i have to say, don't read it.

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Mattchew View Post
    Ya Ottawa played a poor game.... so whats your point? Why is it that the people that dont like or dont care about this team are the first one's to comment on there poor play. Watch TSN, watch the Devels/Rangers game if you dont like Ottawa's play. I think most people don't think Ottawa is going to do much...but there hope and they have the chance. So we cheer them on.
    Somthing I was taught in Kindergarden..."if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all." And it seems to me you never have anything nice to say!

Thread Information