CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
    Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Don't worry about him Reza, he's just trying to boost his post count. oh look, I can too!

/rude

Fallys
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    I don't sweat trolls too much Scott. when are we playing a round?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallys0820 View Post
    Don't worry about him Reza, he's just trying to boost his post count. oh look, I can too!

/rude

Fallys
    aka Scott

Eagle golfott is on a distinguished road
    nah, my year would have been made if the habs were swept.

don't really care much about the sens. just find it funny

Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    It sounds like this has made your year troll. Enjoy it.

As soon as we can Reza

Now that the season is over, Jason Spezza and Ray Emery for Roberto Luongo? Hows that for throwing a steak to the wolves?

Fallys
    aka Scott

what would be the motivation for vancouver to pull a deal like that?

emery pretty much has no value right now. he played horrible this year when he did play, he killed the room, he has a serious attitude problem, no work ethic. unless bought out, i think ther is no chance he is gone.

vancouver does need scoring, but they need goal scorers, they need to replace bertuzzi (well what he was before all the crap)

Get it done. ASAP. Oh wait, can we sub in heathly for Spezza in that trade?
    As soon as we can Reza

Now that the season is over, Jason Spezza and Ray Emery for Roberto Luongo? Hows that for throwing a steak to the wolves?

Fallys
    aka Scott

at 10mil ,imposible to deal him

even spezza at 8 mil, not likely to be many suitors.

sens have only 12 guys signed with about 40mil against the cap, seems like it might be hard for them to sign anyone serious.

Scratch Player byerxa is on a distinguished road byerxa's Avatar
    I guess this should turn into a "What would you do to the Sens" thread but I am too lazy to start a new one...

Emery can be bought out for ~$500K/year against the cap for 4 years (I think). He will be gone 00:01 July 1st. Redden is gone. There is roughly $9M to play with. I liked Bass, Foligno, and Lee. Gerber will have to do unless a goalie falls from the sky - Vancouver will NOT trade Luongo .

I would try to sign both Kelly and Vermette. Doesn't Alfie need a new contract as well? Not sure what trades there are to make, i.e., who would be available that we should go after? We need another shutdown d-man. Always can use a power forward who can pot 20-30, but again they do not grow on trees.

Just rambling to deal with the foregone outcome of the series...

Welcome to the salary cap era!
    I don't have an ulcer - I am just a carrier.

yeah i think the buyout would be $562k over 4 years, seems like a foregone conclusion.

should have sent him away in december, freankly. that was a real bad management decision

Emery can be bought out at any point between June 15-30 I believe are the dates to make him an unrestricted free agent July 1.

You'd be surprised what a team would part with to get someone who could pot a few goals. I can't see giving up 3 roster players for Luongo, but knowing that Ottawa is picking up 500-600k of Emery's salary over 4 years would make that enticing I'm sure.

Vancouver isn't that bad defensively, they just need people to put the puck in the net. If nothing else, Spezza definitely draws attention to himself which would spread out the ice for other people.

The real problem right now, is without a GM in the mix in Vancouver right now, a newbie GM, or even new to the area, isn't going to pull that trigger in their first month of being the GM out there. If Nonis was still there, this might have legs.

Ultimately, Gerber was not the problem in this series, it was the "hallowed 3". They were worse than brutal in this series, granted Alfie only played 2 games. Gerber was fantastic (again) tonight.

Fallys
    aka Scott

In all fairness I don't think you can group Alfredsson with the other two linemates. He played the two games with a torn MCL!

Emery can be bought out at any point between June 15-30 I believe are the dates to make him an unrestricted free agent July 1.

You'd be surprised what a team would part with to get someone who could pot a few goals. I can't see giving up 3 roster players for Luongo, but knowing that Ottawa is picking up 500-600k of Emery's salary over 4 years would make that enticing I'm sure.

Vancouver isn't that bad defensively, they just need people to put the puck in the net. If nothing else, Spezza definitely draws attention to himself which would spread out the ice for other people.

The real problem right now, is without a GM in the mix in Vancouver right now, a newbie GM, or even new to the area, isn't going to pull that trigger in their first month of being the GM out there. If Nonis was still there, this might have legs.

Ultimately, Gerber was not the problem in this series, it was the "hallowed 3". They were worse than brutal in this series, granted Alfie only played 2 games. Gerber was fantastic (again) tonight.

Fallys
    aka Scott

Baxter
    Quote Originally Posted by golfisforfun View Post
    Why would Redden stay and play for a team that has publicly expressed their desire to get him out of town??? He can get $5M + from LA or Edmonton or someone out West for sure...

Good luck getting Campbell.
    Why would he stay...Because the cash is good and would be a better chance at winning, which is what he said the reason why he did not wish to go out west. These are grown ups that understand it's business...and as they say Money talks and that other stuff doesn't matter...

Maybe they offer him 5 or 6 or what ever. You see it's not my team and or my money, so Ottawa can pay him what ever they want....I need no luck for getting Campbell, as he won't end up with the team that I have liked since I was a kid, Boston. But if it was MY Team..I would use my money to get him, but since I am just a fan, I can't make the deal happen..
    I would think the Sens have just as good a chance as any other Team??? Cap is going up, 3 young players should make the team next year..lots of cash to spend...
    and what would your find Team be and going to do to try and better themselves???

9 Iron pheenster is on a distinguished road

Fallys
    aka Scott
    This has no legs whatsoever. Never would, never will. Unless they were about to lose him for nothing, why on earth would the 'Nucks trade the best goaltender in hockey? There are rumours that his wife hates Vancouver, but he's been very clear that he wants to stay. Short of a Pronger-type situation, this is not going to happen.

Bouche
    What a great day! Great weather and the sens are out....look like I will sleep well tonight. haha

Dont worry sens fans....its not like you lost to a bad team....pens will win the cup and it wont look so bad

Go Leafs!

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouche View Post
    What a great day! Great weather and the sens are out....look like I will sleep well tonight. haha

Dont worry sens fans....its not like you lost to a bad team....pens will win the cup and it wont look so bad

Go Leafs!
    Hey at least the Sens had the chance to be beaten out in the playoffs. Your Leafs have been beating golf balls for the past 2 weeks
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    Sens lost to a MUCH better team. Even playing their hardest, the Sens would have lost. They just can't match up against the Pens at this point.

Going forward, the Sens GM has some work to do for sure. Tough part is, he has to buy out a goalie, find another goalie, find 3 good defencemen, find more skill and get younger all at once.

I don't know how much $ he will have to work with, but the fact is, there are not many players on the Sens roster that other teams will come asking about.

Be honest Sens fans, other than Heatley, Spezza, Alfi, Fisher, Vermette, Kelly and maybe Neil, the rest of the team has no value elsewhere. And of those players I named, Spezza and Heatley are overpriced based on their playoff performance, Vermette has always underachieved and Neil proved his intelligence in this series. Fisher is a good 3rd line center and maybe 2nd line on some teams.

To give you an idea of how good the Pens are...
    Sens fans LOVE Mike Fisher. He would be the Pens 4th line center.

Baxter
    What is that I hear coming from the back room....The Trolls are out in full force now...They are just throwing the hook into the water....Don't get caught up in it guys. I know it's hard but they are not worth it...Just come and pick on me rather than those fools...It's good fun but these guys are trying to take it to another level.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bullis View Post
    What is that I hear coming from the back room....The Trolls are out in full force now...They are just throwing the hook into the water....Don't get caught up in it guys. I know it's hard but they are not worth it...Just come and pick on me rather than those fools...It's good fun but these guys are trying to take it to another level.
    It is always the same few Dave, its easy to stay away from those
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Thread Information