WOO ill be right behind you

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smithers40 View Post
    WOO ill be right behind you
    We'll be on your right side, but a few spots over
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Do they have a web cam? I'd like to see who goes.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

I'm a regular Andy4Par is on a distinguished road Andy4Par's Avatar
    Too bad, I'm doing the father thing, looking after two little ones today. But I will be close by tomorrow.......
    "Get your smile on!"

3 Wood smithers40 is on a distinguished road
    anyone know the hours??

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Kevin Haime and 19th tee are missing the boat here $$$$$$.........................

KH better find those additional balls he mentioned on his show and get his place open at least by Tuesday which has forecast of 13 C southeast wind.........
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    Kevin Haime and 19th tee are missing the boat here $$$$$$.........................

KH better find those additional balls he mentioned on his show and get his place open at least by Tuesday which has forecast of 13 C southeast wind.........
    I just called there, and she said hopefully by the weekend
    I dont know why they dont let people hit balls till they run out?? When the snow melts you pick em up??

Quote Originally Posted by NoBack View Post
    I just called there, and she said hopefully by the weekend
    I dont know why they dont let people hit balls till they run out?? When the snow melts you pick em up??
    Kevin Haime was hosting the Team 1200 afternoon show on Friday. Someone asked him when will he be open. He said that they are aiming for next weekend (April 12) if the forecast does not change. However, he did say that there is a possiblity that if they get their hands on some additional balls and there are a few nice days prior to next weekend then they might open. He said they need these additional balls as they will not be picking them up until things dry up.

So my question is why did Kevin not have a "back up" plan B (additional balls)prepared months ago when it looked like we would have lots of snow sticking around?? Surely he did not expect we would have mild winters/little snow every year..................
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

woooo it was nice to see the ball go somewhere

Lob Wedge jethro is on a distinguished road jethro's Avatar
    Kevin Haime usually gets the company I work for to remove the snow off the turf for him so they can get a head start.Unfortunatly with the unusually high accumulation,there is no frost under the snow cover.The equipment would have torn apart the turf,so we advised him against it.However he hired a loader to at least try some clean-up.....it broke through the asphalt on the parking lot..oops.It'll melt fast this week,and the little frost will be gone quick,we're almost there.Cheers

President's Cup Wknd_Warrior is on a distinguished road Wknd_Warrior's Avatar
    tx for the heads up, was nice to hit some balls outside.

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    Kevin Haime usually gets the company I work for to remove the snow off the turf for him so they can get a head start.Unfortunatly with the unusually high accumulation,there is no frost under the snow cover.The equipment would have torn apart the turf,so we advised him against it.However he hired a loader to at least try some clean-up.....it broke through the asphalt on the parking lot..oops.It'll melt fast this week,and the little frost will be gone quick,we're almost there.Cheers
    Thanks for the update !! Sounds like some bad luck regarding the parking lot asphalt........
    Curious though.......I have not been out to Innis Road, but what did they use to remove snow....?? Were they not also concerned about turf damage.......??

they haven't, you hit into a white field.

They plowed the parking lot and did some damage as well.
    Also at one end of the matting area was also damaged.

No plowing on the feild as they were picking by hand when got there this afternoon. Martin Paterson was on site and said they have about 6000 balls and will be picking by hand until they are able to get on the grass.

But it WAS nice to hit balls outside in a tshirt

Nationwide Player Section Thirty One is on a distinguished road Section Thirty One's Avatar
    Picking by hand eh? Hopefully that is after hours, but it looks like (from your pic) that someone was out there in the middle of the day?

What were they charging for a bucket? I may have to sneak out tomorrow afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Section Thirty One View Post
    Picking by hand eh? Hopefully that is after hours, but it looks like (from your pic) that someone was out there in the middle of the day?

What were they charging for a bucket? I may have to sneak out tomorrow afternoon.
    We got there around 1:30 and there was no one there.
    $10 for extra large bucket (100 balls)

btw...... he said they have about 6000 balls - so, with about 20 people there today(guessing by the fact there were 2 there before we got there and about 6 when we left at 2:45 ish - that leaves about 58 extra large buckets before they run out.

bbad
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBack View Post
    We got there around 1:30 and there was no one there.
    $10 for extra large bucket (100 balls)

btw...... he said they have about 6000 balls - so, with about 20 people there today(guessing by the fact there were 2 there before we got there and about 6 when we left at 2:45 ish - that leaves about 58 extra large buckets before they run out.
    56...I hit 2 of them this afternoon as well....Woo hoo!!!

Only bad thing was....you hit a driver and it was really hard to follow the flight of the ball.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Steve, I must have arrived after you left. It was so relaxing to hit a few balls into the snow, that it mattered not that I hit everything with a fade. Bring on the real thing!
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Quote Originally Posted by bbad View Post
    Only bad thing was....you hit a driver and it was really hard to follow the flight of the ball.
    ya, took me a while to zero in and still was losing some of them near the end of the bucket. I was hoping it was a snow blinding thing and I don't need a new prescription .

Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Steve, I must have arrived after you left. It was so relaxing to hit a few balls into the snow, that it mattered not that I hit everything with a fade. Bring on the real thing!
    Mike it was blowing pretty hard from left to right yesterday while we were there. Although if your fadding balls now .......... cha ching??

I See Myself In Your Pic

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    That's the web cam I asked for.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

blanks out my face tho...god all i can see are my feet and my lovely backswing

Thread Information