CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    Kick the limits up to 130km on 100km and 100km on 80km
    If they raise the limit to 130 in a 100, don't you think a lot of people aren't just gonna bump their cruise up from 115 to 145?
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber View Post
    wow, road rage! I've been told that just showing up to court you are going to get it reduced. When you plead not guilty, they set a court date but since courts are so full, they will offer you a plea bargin.
    If you've had tickets in the past, it is a good idea to plead "not guilty" on the back of the ticket. You can always change your plea when you go to court.

At the very least, pleading "not guilty" will postpone your conviction date - which could prove useful if you already have some demerit points from past tickets. And by the time your court date comes around, you'll probably have another year (maybe two) before the ticket impacts your insurance rates.

If your driving record is clean, its better to settle it sooner rather than later though. That's where the paralegals can help.

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    If they raise the limit to 130 in a 100, don't you think a lot of people aren't just gonna bump their cruise up from 115 to 145?
    exactly! And remember, the roads are not filled with "only" responsible, middle-aged people such as ourselves. There are old grannies who are losing it, and young teens talking on their cellphones while doing 130. I think keeping the speed limits down is a good idea. Going 120 on the 401/416/417 is fast enough. If you want to go faster, by all means, I do sometimes, but be on the lookout for the flashing lights!

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Got a ticket, 155km in a 60km zone. Got reduced to points and $150 then we to count and said I'm a student and can't pay it" and fine was reduced to $50
    You were going 95 km/h over the speed limit? Egad.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    I was once pulled over doing 8 times the speed limit...anyone care to wager a guess where that would be?

No idea.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    I was 17 and showing off. Thank god I got a punjabi police officer. He hooked me up huge!!
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

I was 17 and showing off. Thank god I got a punjabi police officer. He hooked me up huge!!
    Your license should have been suspended indefinitely. You're a lucky chap.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Your license should have been suspended indefinitely. You're a lucky chap.
    yeah, never got a ticket again after that. He was sort of a family friend and his supervisor was with him, if he wasn't I woudln't have gotten the ticket at all. He went to my house after and talked to my parents :S

Sorry that was a typo, it wasn't 155 it was 135 LOL

I'm not crazy!
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    I was once pulled over doing 8 times the speed limit...anyone care to wager a guess where that would be?
    The flight deck?
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

The flight deck?
    Close...at the old Ottawa airport, the speed limit went from 45 to 35 to 20 to 10 in a space of about 200 yards. I nevertheless maintained my speed at 80. I was 16 and was picking up my grandmother to go to my parents' 25th anniversary party. And I was late. The female RCMP cop looked at me, my bandana, and my Rage Against the Machine playing on the stereo...shook her head, asked me what I THOUGHT would happen to me if she wrote me up. I meekly said no. It involved a lot of money, no license, and immediate jail. Hmmmm...methinks I got a tad lucky...

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    Pit row?
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    There's always the option of not pulling over, just Thelma & Louise yourself outta there!

*Sakuraba does not condone this practice*
    Andrew

yeah, never got a ticket again after that. He was sort of a family friend and his supervisor was with him, if he wasn't I woudln't have gotten the ticket at all. He went to my house after and talked to my parents :S

Sorry that was a typo, it wasn't 155 it was 135 LOL

I'm not crazy!
    We've all done things we regret and learn from haven't we!
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Baxter
    Driving from Malone,NY to Ottawa about 2:00 in the morning. My buddy is driving,speeding of course...I was laid back having a little rest...I than hear the word...O %^&$ I say "Whats Wrong.He says "Cops"...I of course drop the "So whats the big deal?" "I can't drive in NY state..I have to many unpaid tickets if they catch me I'm going to jail" he tells me..We were going up a hill and the cop was coming down. We saw him turning around with the lights on. So my buddy pulls right over at the top of the hill and jumps out of the seat and say's you drive....So stupid me...I do...Cops pulls up behind us,walks up asks "For the paper work"..I give it to him.Says "I'll be right back"...Comes back with the "Do you know why I pulled you over?" Yes I do Sir, I was speeding. I'm sorry about that I guess just a little tired and was not watching the dail...He gives me.."Well seeing how you stopped right away and I didn't have to chase you, I'm going to let you boys off with a stern warning...Slow down, in New York State...Arrive Alive ..and he lets us go..I wanted to laugh when he said that but waited until we pulled away....

Another lesson was taught to me that night..Always ask the driver if he is allowed to drive....
    PS. We were driving one of those GMC Vans - bucket front seats with two benches. Very easy to change seats, if any one ever needs to...

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    Dave, that is hilarious! I actually laughed out loud. That doesn't happen at work too often. Thanks!

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Probably the wierdest time I was ever let off was when we were doing a car rally. For you young folk, it's sort of a scavenger hunt using cars and you have to go to different places and mark down information from what is there. this was a work event, we were working for Famous Players out in the Vancouver area, and I was driving my non-stock 1962 Chevy II down Barnett Highway. I wasn't drinking, but all of my passengers were, we were wearing Friday the 13th in 3D 3D glasses (the black and white ones with axes and other killing devices printed on them) and doing about 85-90 in a 50 zone, rat racing another car.

The policeman asked me if I had been drinking and I said no. He looks inside the car, sees tha bags of popcorn, open beer and everyone but me wearing 3d glasses (no seatbelts though because the car didn't have them), shakes his head and tells us to keep the speed down and lets us go. I thanked him, and we were on our way.

I think he was worried about the hours and hours of paperwork...
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    You mentioned Highway #15, was it the Smiths Falls Police Department? My father's warned me about speeding in & around SF because they'll nab you for everything. He's got dinged on the same road twice for 62 & 65 in a 50.

You're right though, with some of the vehicles now, you have to be extremely mindful of your speed because you can just coast.
    Ya....dont pee off the S.F. police! they are mental! I live on one of the busiest streets and they will do 140KM to the shopping mall down the road for a shoplifter! I have been pulled over countless times around here for laughable speeds. 59 in a 50....62 in a 50 are my recent ones. Couple stupid ones that put me in court...126 in a 50, faked a right turn around a median shot out highway 43 to the left watched the cop go right and and stop turn around and start chacing me....Yes I knew he was behind me the whole time.... I was 17 and stupid. dont remember the total fine but lost -6 points 12 hour suspention. 2 1/2 hours in the cop car until my dad picked me up! 3 weeks later I got 112 in a 50 pulled over by the same cop, loss of license for 30 days and traffic school! the S.F. police always let me off now...but Rideau Lakes on 15 are *s! you will get screwed every time!

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Sillywilly, you should be happy you're not in jail doin' 95 over the limit lol. Student or not, the courthouse could use some community service! j/k

Dave Bullis, I'm surprised that they would have hit you with anything at all. Now I'm just going based off of the information that is in your post, but if she's a cop and ran your plate for personal reasons (to come up to your door two days later), you could probably have had her in some serious heat with her captain if they ever found that out. Also, how does a cop ticket you two days later? Don't they have to catch you "in the act" for these types of indiscretions? The least she could've done was ticket you at the time, or atleast let you know that she was a cop at the time. She obviously didn't think her conduct was worth a damn anyway and didn't feel it was prudent to divulge that information.

Some good stories here. I just hope to never be able to add to them!

Fallys
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1972Apex View Post
    I had someone do that to me once. During the heated discussion after he bumped me I accidentally broke his jaw in 3 places...
    hmmmm I wonder if you and Dave have ever met???

Dave, have you ever had your jaw broken?
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bullis View Post
    I have a few good friends that are on the job. They have told me.. That they love going to court now...They show up and get paid for it.. Before it was their free time and didn't get paid, so they would do their own thing.......................

she was a cop...Was ticketed for Careless driving. Found out the only ticket orse is passing a school bus.Insurance told me I was going to double at least....Hired points $500.00 and they got it down to a "Following to close" 2 points and $78.00...One could say it was a Good Lesson...
    You can speak with them at no charge. Good Luck...
    Ask your friends how much they make if they get called into court during their holidays..........Its HUGE $$$$$ for them.............

Curious............do your good friends work on the same force as the Lady Cop....?
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattchew View Post
    ...but Rideau Lakes on 15 are *s! you will get screwed every time!
    That's where I got nailed. It says rideau lakes on my ticket. I've gone that route and I never see a cop, but say a bunch yesterday.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I can't say that I got a speeding ticket (knocking on wood), but I do remember going to a movie in Gatineau one night. Then about 2 weeks later I got a registered letter in the mail (i now know registered mail is never good) It was a ticket from the City of Gtatineau, I had not purchased my new sticker for my license plate yet and it was past my birthday, but still the same month as my birthday. That ticket cost me $405.00.... I learned my lesson and now I make sure that i have my sticker well in advance and attached to my plate.

The only thing that annoyed me, was that they didn't leave a notice on my car in the parking lot. You just get a letter in the mail 2 weeks later..

Quite some interesting driving stories out there.

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    That's where I got nailed. It says rideau lakes on my ticket. I've gone that route and I never see a cop, but say a bunch yesterday.
    your lucky then....I can be on the range at Lombard Glen and watch 5 people get pulled over in a half hour. Pritty funny.

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Dave,

Was this dude from Points protecting you or protecting her in this case? Why did he change his tune so quick. I would've thought that he would've loved that version of your story a lot better. I know I would've going into court! Well, except for smokin' her and chasin' her lol. Fact remains, she still ran your plates on her time to find out where you live. I'm pretty sure a cop can't do that "for fun".

Fally
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Way too much in this thread. Please tell your stories without using profanity.
    Last edited by Kilroy; 04-04-2008 at 08:04 AM.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    The only thing that could make it worse would be if this turned into a political discussion about the enforcement of the rules of the road. Maybe it has....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    Weay too much in this thread. Please tell your stories without using profanity.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Baxter
    Sorry about the censored logo popping up. I was unaware that,that was an issue or not allowed...I guess I better go read the rules again...Sorry about that to all that were offended by the censored logo..Just having some fun with the boys and girls.....

I'm not telling it again.....Sorry.....I had bad thoughts again last night.

Just went and refreshed myself with the rule in question. My bad Dan, sorry about that...I was using words to make the logo appear. Forgot about the site rules...Will be more careful....
    Last edited by Baxter; 04-04-2008 at 08:20 AM. Reason: reread rules

Bogie disenor is on a distinguished road
    Like I said he was a real by the book, stiff cop. I asked why he didn't knock it down and he said he doesn't knock any tickets down. He attitude was really kind of funny in a ** off sort of way. He really thought that he had just captured billy the kid or something, like this ticket was going to change the world forever. I did all the right stuff like call him sir and didn't argue with him when he came to my window, had everything ready. Thought he'd knock it down but nope, full ticket. Maybe he won't show up to court, but I think this guy gets a kick out of this stuff.
    I'm not trying to start anything here so let me just say the right thing would be to not speed, the laws are in place to protect everyone and in access of 30 over the posted he did the right thing by not dropping the ticked. I've never driven a car that felt the same at 80 as it did at 110+. Maybe thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bullis View Post
    I was using words to make the logo appear. Forgot about the site rules...Will be more careful....
    No worries. I try to let some thnings go but once things get some momentum people seem to think anything goes. It was not just your post, there are a lot of examples both here and showing up in other threads. Time to nip it in the bud. Kids frequent the site too.

Thread Information