100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garrison

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road

Garrison

Played Garrison yesterday and it was in very decent shape. No water left on the course and very, very limited spots of dead grass. The front 9 had breen topdressed so it was slow and bumpy but overall a good experience this early. The 78 also helped... too bad I can't putt.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Sand Wedge doublepar is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by nice_lag View Post
    Played Garrison yesterday and it was in very decent shape. No water left on the course and very, very limited spots of dead grass. The front 9 had breen topdressed so it was slow and bumpy but overall a good experience this early. The 78 also helped... too bad I can't putt.
    78 and you can't put? Geez, I'd love to be that bad .

3 Iron Strangebrew is on a distinguished road Strangebrew's Avatar
    Played there Saturday and definitely agree that the course was in great shape for this early in the year. Shot a 96 (good start to the year for my meager skills) and had the privilege of watching my neighbour score an 80 playing with hickory sticks. Felt so good to be out there again.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Nice round Seb!

I'm glad to see they're on things already. That means it'll be in primo shape for the Garrison Open in June. I can't wait...
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    Nice round Seb!

I'm glad to see they're on things already. That means it'll be in primo shape for the Garrison Open in June. I can't wait...
    Yeah it should be good. If only they'd do something about those bunkers. Coming from a course where it was all white silica sand is quite a shocker...
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Yeah it should be good. If only they'd do something about those bunkers. Coming from a course where it was all white silica sand is quite a shocker...
    I believe its Ohio white that they use. Definitely harder to spin the ball out of. It really makes you think about where you need to land the ball.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Shagging Balls jbrace is on a distinguished road jbrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    I believe its Ohio white that they use. Definitely harder to spin the ball out of. It really makes you think about where you need to land the ball.
    I'm pretty sure it's not Ohio white. Don't they use Ohio white at Eagle Creek? It's definately not the same sand. I think Garrison just uses plain sand from the lowest bidder. Here's a trick for playing out of Garrison bunkers from a 10 year member: If the lip is not too high, consider putting. No joke. The sand is firm enough that the ball will just ride on top and it will take the lip like a ramp and just pop out of there.

Thread Information