+ Reply to Thread
    Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road

Scotty Newport II pics (not an ad)

Hi Scotty nuts!

I'm posting these pics to find out what your opinions are, should I post it for sale or would it be a good (great) resto candidate.

I bought this Scotty Newport II in 1997 for my birthday because I couldn't afford the TeI version. I still have the Scotty rag that came with it. What could this sell for now as is, and what would it go for if I sent it for resto? I've checked resto with Scotty's site and it would be about $180.

Thanks for your opinions upfront. Again, the purpose is to get an idea of the price as I haven't found anything worth comparing it to on ebay, and this is not an ad for the sale of my putter. The grip is the original Titleist pebble grip with a 1" tear on the back of the grip at the shaft end and the shaft is slightly rust spotted but you have to look fairly closely and they are sparse.

And I'm sorry for letting this putter get in this condition! lol

Fallys
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road
    IMO, this putter is in the perfect gaming condition. The milling marks on the face are still pretty present. Unless you really want to have it back to its original finish, the rust removed and you commit to take care of it like crazy, I wouldn't send it to the studio. Furthermore, there aren't any major or distracting dings. It would truly be a waste of money IMO since this putter is still very playable; unless its appearance is really an issue for you. As for its value, I'd say a range between $160 and $180 given that the shaft and grip might discourage some...

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    By the time you pay for shipping both ways restoration will be more than $180, and I doubt you would be able to recover your money.

Colbert charged me $80 incl. shipping for nickel plating, + I paid $6 for shipping the head to him. A much better option if you don't require an authentic cameron.

You can get a new shaft at Golfworks / Golfsmith for under $10.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I'd try and clean that baby up. The milling on those old gun blues is amazing and well worth the effort to preserve it. If you can't get the rust off, I would definitely send it to Colbert or Black Oxide Services ahead of the studio. All that needs is a new finish, and the studio would buff out the great mill marks and remill the face with deep, aggressive milling. In it's current state I agree with Steph on the value, if you can clean up the head, probably $200-250, and after a Colbert or BOS refinish, you might get $250-300.

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    What would be the least damaging thing I could do to it to clean it up a bit? I'd like to bring some of the lustre back to it as it is a bit of an eye sore.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I really do like a lot about this putter, and even if it is kinda beat up, it was my first Scotty.

Fally
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Thread Information