CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Gap Wedge BredStik is on a distinguished road BredStik's Avatar

Best round of my life... on a simulator

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my joy of an excellent round. I usually play in the 90's in real golf and between 85 and 95 on the simulator. I usually spread my drives all around averaging around 220yds.

Today, I played Banff Springs from the amateur tees and played 78. I hit 10 fairways and averaged 238yds of the tee with a best of 285yds. I should thank my new Nickent 3dx Square driver... My girlfriend could not believe how I was driving the ball. I had 30 putts which isn't bad since they're very ondulated.

I'm looking forward to the spring so I can see if it works in the real world!

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    AAhhh.. That's what keeps us coming back.. Good go!
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris St. Michael View Post
    AAhhh.. That's what keeps us coming back.. Good go!

It felt so good to actually hit the ball where I was aiming! ;-) I would play holes strategically to give me a confortable approach shot (full swing) with a great angle to green. If I could only do that this summer on a real course...

Went again yesterday and shot a 77 at Pelican Hill. Shot an OK 44 on the front and an extraordinary 33 on the back. Made back to back birdies and missed two others by less than 6 inches all on the back nine. Had 27 putts, which is really good for me. I hit everything under 115yds to 30 feet or less. It felt great. My driving was average though (but hitting 200yds hybrid shots on the green felt as good!).

Jeez, I hope I play like that this summer.

Wow, it's becoming a trend... I shot 77 again! This time at Troon North. 37 on the front and 40 on the back. I was -2 after 3 holes! I had 27 putts and still wasn't driving the ball very well. However, my second shots were good, mostly on the green or on the fringe. I reached a par 5 in two for the first time in my life (255yds drive, 240yds 4 wood approach). The only negative is that towards the end, I was starting to pull hook some shots... And the "out of bound" is massive at Troon North (hence the 40 on the back).

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Nice games, and I don't want to rain on your parade, but you can't really compare sims to outdoor golf. I have been well under par on sims and I carry a 12 handicap. Only broken 80 twice outdoors.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I agree with Dan, I played a 68 on a simulator in December and I break 80 a few times a year but the fact that you are driving well and hitting greens bodes well for the new year, jsut keep that swing loose and the confidence up!!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Scratch Player byerxa is on a distinguished road byerxa's Avatar
    Well, I shot a 77 down south 2 weeks ago, a career best and my putting was sucky (35 putts). I was hitting the ball fairly well, especially driving. Then I go into the simulator Monday night and had by far my worst simulator round. Almost every drive I hit would feel good, start out good, then the simulator would decide it was hooking hard left. Could never figure out how and where to hit it to get the thing to like my shot.
    I don't have an ulcer - I am just a carrier.

I know I shouldn't have my expectations too high for the beginning of the season... I had my career best last season with a 85 at Chateau Montebello. Since I play around 20 rounds a year, it ain't bad. However, I feel I really have improved in the 175-200yds range approaches. Since I'm not a big driver, it definately helps with my score. If I could play on average 90 this season, I would be very happy!

Scratch Player byerxa is on a distinguished road byerxa's Avatar
    Actually I find the GOM simulators fairly accurate for shots 120-200 yards. For shots longer and definitely shorter it becomes a crap shoot.
    I don't have an ulcer - I am just a carrier.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    I was one over on a par 3 course after 18 holes Next time I played I shot a two over. Doesn't really mean anything
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Thread Information