CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Course Opening

Driver bazooka Don is on a distinguished road

Course Opening

While I was at the golf show today I was talking with the staff at Cedar Glen. They told me that they are clearing snow and with the weather forecast the way it looks they are aiming to open in two weeks. It will just be the back nine which always opens and closes first. Let's get it started.

bD

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bazooka Don View Post
    While I was at the golf show today, staff told me that they are clearing snow and with the weather forecast the way it looks they are aiming to open in two weeks. It will just be the back nine which always opens and closes first. Let's get it started.

bD
    From what course..............??The Mini Putt at Colonnade & Merivale Rd..........????
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    I gues mine date for april 4th isn't looking to good in dans contest.
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    He's probably talking about Cedar Glen.

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Yes I heard some courses are removing snow from their greens. Canadian is one.
    Its the little problem of the remaining 4 feet depth of snow from the teebox to the green......................
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

3 Wood smithers40 is on a distinguished road
    i heard weather reports that said we could get up to 10-15 degree weather within the week so that would melt a TONNE of snow... i have no hope of my course being open anytime soon

EDIT: 12 degrees and RAIN on tuesday!! WOOO

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    I know Cedar Glen will open as soon as they possibly can, but even with the promise of warm weather and melting snow - surely it won't be dry! I remember playing there on opening day a couple of years ago and the only dry surface was on the greens. Everything else seemed to be under an inch or more of water.

They sure are an eager bunch (as are we!!) - I hope they are in better shape than we are in here in Ottawa if two weeks is even remotely possible!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I was speaking to someone from the Presscot area and they seem to have a bit less snow than we have.Who cares what the conditions are like as long as we can hit some balls outside.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Look outside
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    I was speaking to someone from the Presscot area and they seem to have a bit less snow than we have.Who cares what the conditions are like as long as we can hit some balls outside.
    Well Cornwall was still very much under tons of snow last night. Here's hoping that as you move west, the snow cover gets thinner and thinner. Otherwise, man, we've got a while to wait!!

Thread Information