CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Wood hackzaw is on a distinguished road

Headed to Santee mid-April - anybody been?

Well, this year I decided to head to Santee South Carolina with a group of 8 guys. Our package is 5 nights, 5 rounds of golf, carts and buffet breakfast for $450'ish US. We'll play twice every day totalling 9-10 rounds during the 6 days we're down there.

So... having never been to Santee, has anybody been there and have anything to say about what I might expect from Santee golf courses?

I'm counting on weather to be a minimum of 75 F, possibly reaching mid 80's. I've heard there's absolutely NOTHING to do in Santee for nightlife. We're not going for nightlife anyways, after playing twice a day and drinking my IQ in beer.

I hear in Santee, they not only encourage you to bring your own beer onto the golf course, they supply ice and help you load your beer into your cart.

One thing I'm looking forward to is these 8 guys are golf nuts, and take the golf very seriously. One of the guys has all the games organized. The morning rounds will be two man best balls, and the afternoon rounds will be two man scramble formats.

The countdown is at 15 days.

3 Wood eyeping is on a distinguished road eyeping's Avatar
    Yes your right about the night life, but you are in walking distance to most bars and eatery's. The Santee Nat. has the most frendly staff, then Marion and at the Copper things can be a little snobbish. The 3 in town courses are usually in good shape, I never played the others. You will enjoy it. Good luck.

3 Wood hackzaw is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the feedback eyeping. Last year, I went to Myrtle Beach with 12 guys. We ended up drinking beer in someone's hotel room rather than go out on the town. In my opinion, if you're going to Myrtle Beach (which frankly costs a little more than Santee), you're indirectly paying a premium for everything else Myrtle Beach has to offer. And we didn't take advantage of any of it.

So Santee it is. Hope the weather holds out. One aspect with the trip, way back when we booked it, is how late it is. Really, courses around here are usually opening up mid April. So the trip isn't a "winter get-away" like last year's Myrtle trip. It's more like a way to kick off the golf season. I highly doubt courses around here will open up in 2-4 weeks, so it's looking more like a winter get-away in the end.

Not that I'm counting or anything (14 days).

Side note: The only other thing that might be a bummer is we have a 4:00 pm departure time (non-negotiable) (driving down too) because we've got a tee-off in the morning when we arrive. So..... if Master's Sunday is tight coming down to the final back nine, we'll miss it.

8 Iron caddishack is on a distinguished road caddishack's Avatar
    the first time we went down to SC we went to Santee. There are a few premium course but Myrtle Beach by far has so much more to offer in courses and entertainment. Santee is not to far from Columbia so thats where you can go for food and whatever else they have, I can't remember. The price is well worth it if you don't want to spend a lot.

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Eat at the Shoney's every chance you get. Not much else around but good courses.
    The two courses at Wyboo aren't bad either

Thread Information