CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Putter denisferguso is on a distinguished road denisferguso's Avatar

Golf Show in Ottawa; Dates ???

Hi,

Does anyone know if and when there's a golf show in Ottawa this Spring?

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    This weekend Mar 29 & 30 at the Ottawa Athletic Club.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Any humours on where the free rounds are?

6 Iron Ehmcee is on a distinguished road
    Receive a Show Gift Pack with your paid admission, which includes one FREE Green Fee at Calabogie Highlands Golf Resort, Club de Golf Mont Cascades, MarchWood Golf Course, AND Whitetail Golf Club this season!

Sourse: http://www.golfmax.ca/course_sites/03499/

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    Last year the "free rounds" were nothing more than 2 for 1 coupons, some of which even required a cart rental.

This year I plan to save my $10.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    After attending the Ottawa golf show for the past 11 years i will not attend it anymore.Someone has got to take it to the next level and make it a classy event with more companies and equippement.It has to find a new venue other than the OAC.Compared to the Toronto and Montreal show it is not up to par,sort of speaking.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    I agree. I stopped going last year. Its seems nothing more then a flee market for local shops to get rid of old junk not showcase the games new products and technologies. I owuldn't mind a pass to whitetail but doubt I'll make the trip just for that.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    You can go & meet the living legend Dan Kilbank... The green fees are worth it.

It is what it is, I think it will be popular this year due to heightened withdrawal symptoms that are already very apparent on the boards.
    Andrew

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

Oac golf show

Indeed, it was the highlite of our day last year when we met Mr.Kilbank,but they need to kick it up a notch.Ottawa deserves a world class show and we have the golfing pop. to support it.

quote=Sakuraba;243504]You can go & meet the living legend Dan Kilbank... The green fees are worth it.

It is what it is, I think it will be popular this year due to heightened withdrawal symptoms that are already very apparent on the boards.[/quote]

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Dan you drawing for free RMs there this year???
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Of course we are. We will give away 3 full memberships.

I am honoured to be on the highlight reel!

Bogie ghaakman is on a distinguished road ghaakman's Avatar
    If anyone goes on Saturday would you post what kind of 'free green' fees are being given out this year. Is it actually free green fees or 2-1 or free but have to rent a cart etc.

TIA

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    You can go & meet the living legend Dan Kilbank... The green fees are worth it.

It is what it is, I think it will be popular this year due to heightened withdrawal symptoms that are already very apparent on the boards.
    I agree with you Sak, anything to do with golf at this point is better than nothing. We plan on going for sure, never been there before, but no matter what I know I will enjoy it. See ya there Dan!!
    Never dreamt I would ever get so hooked on this game!!

Looking forward to it!

To all forum members PLEASE let me know who you are if you come by the booth. Promoting RM memberships is nice, but the best part of my weekend is meeting you folks.

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    I'm probably going early-ish Saturday morning as I'm booked up the rest of the weekend.

I may be way off, but isn't it fitting with people's opinions of the golf show and it's only two days this year? I thought it was 3 last year?

I'm never interested in the golf trip packages. I have enough people selling my information and calling the house not telling me who they are or where they are coming from and I don't need anymore!

Fallys
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    I wasn't planning to go, but as I just won 4 "VIP" passes on the radio, I guess I will!

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallys0820 View Post
    I'm probably going early-ish Saturday morning as I'm booked up the rest of the weekend.

I may be way off, but isn't it fitting with people's opinions of the golf show and it's only two days this year? I thought it was 3 last year?

I'm never interested in the golf trip packages. I have enough people selling my information and calling the house not telling me who they are or where they are coming from and I don't need anymore!

Fallys
    aka Scott
    Was 2 days last year too I think.
    It used to be 3 but with lack of people on the friday i think they went to sat sun only.
    Dan would know.

I havent missed a show since it has been here. Still like going to see familiar faces at lots of booths.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Yes. It was 2 days last year and I think that is better.

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    Yes. It was 2 days last year and I think that is better.

Which is kind of funny because I (and a number of folks I know) stopped going when they got rid of the Friday afternoon times...can't please everyone I suppose.

Friday was always pretty quiet. This way the weekend is busier, and we have one less day on our feet. I don't think it has impacted overall attendance much.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Went to the show this morning.

Coupons this year are .........
    Calabogie - free green fee - anytime mon to fri and after 1 pm on weekends and holidays between april 28 and june 13
    Marchwood - free 9 holes - mon to fri before june 30
    Cascades - free green fee with manditory cart rental - mon to fri excluding stat holidays before june 1st and after sept 30
    Whitetail - free round with paid green fee - mon to fri excluding holidays before june 30

you also get a coupon for 25% off weekly passes for the Can Womens Open and a $15 OFF the Golfer's Red Book and a $20 OFF coupon for Nevada Bob's

Hope this helps
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    The show was quite a bit better this year. There was considerably more equipment to test at both ends of the hall. Better yet, some of the pros from Kevin Haime's golf school provided some lessons to those who were hitting balls on the right side (as you enter) of the hall.

Despite my resolve not to buy anything, I couldn't resist latching on to a Cleveland CG 12 52 degree wedge with zip grooves. The ball will dance from now on!
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    More 2 for 1. (Mostly Mon-Thur) until end of May.
    Pakenham, Le Sorcier (include cart), Hammond, Emeraldlinks, cloverdalelinks, andersonlinks. La Belle $30 until July 25th..

My kids loved the show, picked up many junior golf camp info from many courses.

Dan's booth was always busy, I'll try to say hi next time

Quote Originally Posted by NoBack View Post

Calabogie - free green fee - anytime mon to fri and after 1 pm on weekends and holidays between april 28 and june 13
    Cascades - free green fee with manditory cart rental - mon to fri excluding stat holidays before june 1st and after sept 30
    Whitetail - free round with paid green fee - mon to fri excluding holidays before june 30

you also get a coupon for 25% off weekly passes for the Can Womens Open and a $15 OFF the Golfer's Red Book and a $20 OFF coupon for Nevada Bob's

Hope this helps

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Went to the show Sat morning. Thought it was better with local support this year.

I did find the used clubs near the Rep tents to be horribly overpriced for used clubs. Unless I was reading the "50% off as marked" and those demos were 50% off the ticketed price, it looked likey the were marked up by about 50% before they were marked down. You could go anywhere and buy those clubs new for about $30 more than what they were charging at the show. Then again, I could've been wrong.

On a side note, Golf Town wasn't remarkably busy when I went after the show lol.

Fallys
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Dan was the booth for OG or RM or both???
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

7 Iron golfchick07 is on a distinguished road
    Went to the show on late Sat. afternoon, crowds were less hectic than last year when I went in the morning.
    Found the show to be okay, lot of information if you are planning a golf vacation.

Was surprised that Clublink did not have a booth, they say they want to increase membership at Greyhawk and EagleCreek, promotion at such an event should be a "no-brainer"!

I suppose that if nothing else it was a bit of a "golf fix" for those of us who are not crushing balls in the sunny south.

Motivated me to dig my clubs out of the garden shed, which still has 4ft of snow in front of the doors and give them a good cleaning.

Out booth has been focused on RM for several years Silly.

Putter keithmurd is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBack View Post

Hope this helps
    Golf show was okay again. Its never compares to toronto or the montreal show, but with this weather, it was good to exercise the golfing mind.

Went to Golf Town East afterwards to further expand the depths of my golfing soul and noticed they are accepting the $20 off coupons to NB's. Great! So i used my coupon to buy my son an iron set. Doubled up the promotions with a $50 GT gift card that goes with every set over $600.

I'm surprised with all their inventory and buying power, GT doesn't sell higher temperatures and sunshine. I'd put my $50 gift card towards that fo' sho'.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    All of a sudden, we are getting all sorts of calls in the evening that we have won a golf trip to Florida or a golf cruise or a weekend at Tremblant
    Now since I did not go to the golf show, I wonder which of my 'sick friends' in here gave my name and number at the golf booths
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    Did anyone who went notice if the Citizen booth was handing out the registration forms for the tournament this year? Nothing on Flagstick as of yet.

Thread Information