CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Bogie Kakarot is on a distinguished road

What shoes to buy?

I am in the market for some shoes.... any recommendations on where and what to buy? thx

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    golf shoes? crocs? wooden ones?
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Addidas Powerband, great comfortable shoes.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I really like my Eccos.

However, you really need to try different brands on because the shape of your foot will determine which suits you best. My foot has never been comfortable in FootJoys for example. They are just the wrong shape.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Foot Joy does allow one to design one's shoes using the many options on their site:
    http://www.footjoy.com/myjoys/Default.asp?bhcp=1 Options include colours, sizes and style. I'll be ordering my pair soon.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

they are pretty personal. GT has a great selection so my advice is go there, try about a dozen pairs on and find something you like the look of and that fit well. As jvincent said, some shoes are designed for certain types of feet, thus what might work for me won't work for you. ebay has a great selection at much better prices, if you figure out what you like, have a look on there.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I've got to go with Ecco as well. I went to golftown tried a few on figured out my personal size and went on ebay and paid 100$ for a pair that would have cost close to 300$ at Golftown!

ok, I will just do the try method

thx

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    I have some Footjoy Reelfits and I love em.. Getting a second pair this year.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    Footjoy Classics....mmmm... i have 3 pair.... love em....

my latest pair, ostrich....mmmmmmmm...

7 Wood Newbie is on a distinguished road
    Triple on the the Eccos. Have a pait of Footjoy LT's. Absolutely no comparison to the Ecco. I have Ecco Flexor which has the fit and comfort I was looking for. Spend the time walking around GT with your favorite shoes. I bought one set from GT then went to Ebay for the same shoe at 140 dollars less. One pair in support of the local community then I got smart!

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    The new Footjoy Dry Joy PODS are really nice, I bought two pairs at the end of last season

1 Iron golfmajic is on a distinguished road
    This is real a personal thing, I do not like my ECCO's, I find them heavy and not the best fit for me.
    I have 3 pairs of Footjoy's, (2 pairs of dryjoy pro's). For myself I can by a Footjoy 9M without even trying it on and walk 18 holes with the new shoe on day one, works for me.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I have Adidas 360 Tour II, and i love them. I am also looking at getting a pair of the new Nike Air Tour 8.5 TW's....Like everyone else said, go and try some on, and decide which pair you like best. Like John said, look on e-bay as well and you should be able to find them quite cheaper. Good luck..

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    You def. have to go try on a bunch of diff. shoes and see what fits your foot the best.. Footjoy, Addida, Ecco all make great shoes.. Both functional and fashionable.. It comes down to what feels best on your foot.. I love the look of the Eccos but haven't found one that fits my foot right yet.. Footjoys seem to fit my foot well (12 wide)...
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

I've got 3 pairs, Callaway, Etonic, Nike...the Etonics are the most comfortable for my short wide foot, but the others are a close 2nd.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I just picked up a pair on Nike Air Tours TW 8.5 (Red & White Model), the latest Nike shoes from the Tiger Woods collection, they should be here this week and I am looking forward to wearing them this year on the course.

Competitor Golfer_Gofer is on a distinguished road Golfer_Gofer's Avatar
    I went to golftown when I was in the market for shoes last spring and tried about half dozen on and the ones i likes the best were from BITE.. and i've got about 40 rounds of golf on them now and i still love them.
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I got some reelfits last fall & I love them. They are the best shoe I've ever owned. (& I even owned a pair of the 2nd generation Air Jordan's that I bought in Toronto in 1988 for $240)
    They are so comfortable, the reelfit thing is cool & it really works. I think with the strong dollar I might just get myself a 2nd pair in white this spring. Plus I've always been between size 12 & 13 depending on the manufacturer, & the footjoy 12 is perfect for my foot.
    Andrew

great input, thx all!

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance LePage View Post
    I have some Footjoy Reelfits and I love em.. Getting a second pair this year.
    I might be heading to golf town this weekend, some of the reelfit models are now $169 & with leaderboard, you can get a $20 gift card with your purchase.
    I'm liking the looks of the white split-toe ones.
    Andrew

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post

i'd have to disagree with you there GJ. Great performance shoe but for comfort you gotta go with the hydromax. Now sure what the model is called this year.. I'm just sticking with my shox and sandles
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Check out the new Footjoy Dry Joy PODS. I bought two pair at the end of last season and they are really comfy.

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    Not only comfortable, but with the "powerband" technology gives increased leverage and support. I liked my first pair so much, went and purchased another pair for this season. Also, at $169 great bargain compared to many of the other brands.........

Try them out at GT. Go hit some balls in the simulator wearing a regular pair of golf shoes, then hit some balls wearing powerbands. I guarantee that you will feel an big difference in leverage, support and a springing power effect created by the powerband.

http://www.golftown.com/gtcommerce/s...P4652C124.aspx

"So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Nationwide Player Section Thirty One is on a distinguished road Section Thirty One's Avatar
    As you can tell from this thread, golf shoes are a very personal thing. My advice to you would be to go to Golftown being open to any brand, and try on a bunch of different shoes. Frank at GT Kanata is very good at fitting people with the proper shoes and I'd highly recommend him.

That being said, my feet tend to prefer Eccos.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    I'm a cheap guy and usually pick up whatever GT has in my size (13w or 14) in the clearance section. That has been paying off less and less as the years go by, as it seems that the shoes in the clearance section have become less and less comfortable (go figure).

So I went with a different approach and picked up a pair of last years DryJoys PRO from eBay which fit great and feel real soild. I also got a pair of Ecco's for Xmas, but unfortunately my foot is much too wide for them so they went back and I special ordered a pair of Reelfits. Came in last week and they fit like a glove as well, plus the BOA system get a real snug fit without having to worry about loosening during the round. Picked up a pair of shoe trees to hopefully lengthen the life of them as well.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

snow is melting... I will be trying this stuff out soon

thx all, very informative!

Thread Information