100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    President's Cup Wknd_Warrior is on a distinguished road Wknd_Warrior's Avatar

corporate/excecutive golf

well I'm 99% sure I'm going with one of these packages this year. Is it just the main two I have to dig up info on or are there more games in town?

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Reservation Masters OttawaGolf Club

There are many threads comparing these services. Just do a search.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

k, will try that, gave a quick look already. I'm more looking to find out what the "games" in town are to investigate.

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wknd_Warrior View Post
    k, will try that, gave a quick look already. I'm more looking to find out what the "games" in town are to investigate.
    You mean $$ "games"???

naw , I just meant "game in town" lke the different companies doing the corporate golf thing as in "another game in town". I suppose any thread I find on the topic will probably list out the various packages.

This might sounds stupid, but am I right in assuming all these packages require a credit card to be billed for the discount rate? In other words, you don't give any money to the course, it's all dopne through the membership?

That's generally correct. However you can purchase a Platinum Membership from RM with no green fees - or any of our prepaid rounds packages by cheque if you don't have a charge card. Call me at 613-224-3627 and we can set something up that works for you.
    Last edited by Kilroy; 03-31-2008 at 07:54 PM.

thanks, I will look into it and may just do that.

7 Wood macspesh is on a distinguished road

Executive Golf

I thought there was a thread relating to EG but couldn't find it.

I'm considering getting an Ottawa EG membership but was first hoping to get some feedback from existing members.

I understand that EG allots a specific number of spots per course. You have to book through EG, then through the course. Has anyone had a problem with this? Does EG provide a reasonable number of spots or is it like trying redeem airmiles, do you have to rely on "lucking out" to get decent tee-off times?
    Are some EG courses better than others? Do members get turned away a lot?
    Any feedback would be appreciated.

Putter makeitrain is on a distinguished road
    I joined Executive Golf this year. I've played 3 rounds already this year (Kingsway, Vieux Moulins, and Manderly) and have had no problems getting tee times. The rounds at Kingsway and Manderly cost me $20 each and the round at Vieux Moulins was $15 because I booked it the day before though the last minute discount club (which is FREE to join).

After you pay your membership fee, most courses in the "average" quality (Manderly, Chateau Cartier, Vieux Moulins) are $20 to play. Some nicer courses cost more, Stonebridge is $30, Outaouius is $40 with a cart.

As far as getting tee times, there are no problems. The only possible drawback is that some of the courses are restricted as to when you can tee off on the weekends. I'd say about half the courses have an after noon tee off time restriction on weekends.

great to hear, thanks for the last minute discount club info too. I'll check it out.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    You can't go wrong with either one---if you play 30 games a years--your cost per game will run an average of 25.00---there is no way you can do it cheaper unless you play twilight all year. Both outfits are efficiently run and honest plus you get to hang out with us if your luckey
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    You can't go wrong with either one---if you play 30 games a years--your cost per game will run an average of 25.00---there is no way you can do it cheaper unless you play twilight all year. Both outfits are efficiently run and honest plus you get to hang out with us if your luckey
    That tips it, sold!

Bouche
    Im with EG and all you do is call in the mroning to EG, they get you a time atthe course you requested unless its full and then you just show up at the course and play. EG will charge it to your account and every monday they will hit your card with the fees. EG is a little more expensive the CG but the benefits are booking online (whenever the site comes up) and the SLAMMER TOUR!!!

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar

Executive books your tee times ?

This is my second season with Exec and have always booked my own tee times. I guess this is becuz I do my executive reservations on line. All in all a good company to deal with and for me living downtown a better selection of courses than RM.

I think "bouche" is a little confused here guys. You book your course choice with Executive Golf on- line and THEN you have to book your t-time with that course yourself.

The only outfit that does everything for you is Reservations Masters which is also on- line.

Corporate Golf does not have on-line booking--you must phone in.

Eagle Rusty is on a distinguished road Rusty's Avatar

EG and Ottawa Golf (RM)

I have been a member at both organizations, and they are both very good. Both are run by great outgoing guys that do thier best to keep you happy. It just boils down to which courses you want to play. I live in the east end and EG has the selection I like for my area, but RM is just as good, if I lived in the west end I am sure I would still be with RM, and they run this site which is a big plus.
    If you play over 20 rounds a year its well worth it, the participating courses seem more than happy to support the concept, so you are treated well when signing in.
    RM has the 30 day membership, I would think thats a good way to "dip your toe" in and see if it works for you.

Just my 2 cents.

Rusty

Well said Rusty

Thanks for your comments Rusty.

We can also upgrade the RM 30 day to a full membership if you like it. Of course we'd pro-rate it for the remainder of the season so it is an excellent way to try it out.

Playing Winter Rules Foddz is on a distinguished road Foddz's Avatar
    I have a question about Reservation Masters - I think I'll be golfing enough this year to justify it.

I noticed on the RM page it says your guests get a 20% discount. How does booking with guests work? If I book for a 4-some with 3 guests, will I be charged for the guests as well? Does the course require 4 RM slots be free for me to book all my guests? Or does booking them as a guest merely give them a 20% discount when they pay at the course?

Thanks in advance!

You'd need 4 RM spots. RM bills the booking player for the guest's fees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foddz View Post
    I noticed on the RM page it says your guests get a 20% discount. How does booking with guests work? If I book for a 4-some with 3 guests, will I be charged for the guests as well? Does the course require 4 RM slots be free for me to book all my guests? Or does booking them as a guest merely give them a 20% discount when they pay at the course?

Thanks in advance!

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    I was also waiting for this answer! Thanks as this will work out fine for when the GF wants to come play !!!

3 Iron Gray1512 is on a distinguished road
    I joined RM for the first time this year (I had a card at the Meadows last year). I've been out four times so far (four different courses) and couldn't be happier. I live in Alta Vista and the course selection works very well for me.

The only bummer is that I played the Nation, which has some excellent Spring deals. My discounted fee ($21?) was higher than the green fee paid by my buddies ($15) - obviously I could have simply paid at the course, which just makes me stupid! However, these deals will be gone by the end of the month and the RM discount pays off my membership in around 15 games.

Thanks Dan

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    Here is a question... Somedays I like to get out to play 36 holes with 2 courses close to each other. Are we able to book 2 courses with RM in one day if numbers permit, say we only do it the day before?

One round per day per player on RM.

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    I joined RM last year and played well over 125 games, most of them at courses on the RM list. I couldn't even image how much money I saved belonging to RM, and with the discount for guests it was much easier to find golfing partners. The only draw back I found was only being allowed to book one game a day as I prefer to play 36 holes a day especially when travelling to play, much nicer to make a full day of it. Also found that when you explain it to your friends and they see that they can save money it is very easy to talk them into joining also!!
    This year we have become members at a course closer to our house, so we plan on golfing there during the week, but on weekends we will travel further and play the courses on RM. And for the price of RM there is no way you can go wrong!!!
    The other huge plus with RM is that no matter what time of day or night you can book your game online, it is a very simple process, no need to call anyone, and within a few minutes you know whether or not your reservation was accepted or not. Many, many times I have decided late at night that I wanted to golf the next morning and with RM's online system it was very easy to do, don't have to wait for the course to open to book.
    Never dreamt I would ever get so hooked on this game!!

Putter ckent is on a distinguished road

Lightbulb

The RM membership says guest get 20% off at 'selected courses'.

Can anyone list the courses that still make guests of RM members pay the full shot?

Golf Padawan nokids is on a distinguished road nokids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ckent View Post
    The RM membership says guest get 20% off at 'selected courses'.

Can anyone list the courses that still make guests of RM members pay the full shot?
    http://www.ottawagolf.com/club/index.htm

i believe the Meadows is the only RM course that doesn't give guests a discount.
    You only get out of something what you put into it

Putter ckent is on a distinguished road
    Thanks nokids, Amberwood is also saying they won't give guests of RM members 20% off!

Is this because the RM member pays for the guest at the 20% off rate thru his online account (not at the course), and then the guest reimburses the member?

Can someone clarify?

Thread Information