CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar

The Pronger Stomp

I'll bet he doesn't get more than a slap on the wrist for stomping on Kessler.
    Maybe if Colin Campbell didn't have that huge man-crush on Prongs, he might actually dole out the appropriate punishment.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    he didn't get anything, they already said so. They were "engaged in play" so it was ok
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    he didn't get anything, they already said so. They were "engaged in play" so it was ok
    Engaged in play?????????????? What a bunch of horse crap! Even the guys on TSN were defending him by saying it was in the 'heat of the battle'..... he should have been suspended period! He is a dirty dirty player.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Engaged in play?????????????? What a bunch of horse crap! Even the guys on TSN were defending him by saying it was in the 'heat of the battle'..... he should have been suspended period! He is a dirty dirty player.
    What a big surprise he gets off .He is dirty alright.Here is a list.

Chris Pronger's career suspensions and victims:
    June 3, 2007: with Anaheim - one playoff game, blow to the head (Ottawa's Dean McAmmond).
    May 15, 2007: with Anaheim - one playoff game, blow to the head (Detroit's Tomas Holmstrom).
    March 14, 2004: with St. Louis - one game, kicking (Calgary's Ville Nieminen)
    April 3, 2002: with St. Louis - two games, cross-check (Dallas's Brenden Morrow).
    Oct. 11, 2000: with St. Louis - one game, leaving bench for altercation (Los Angeles's Kelly Buchberger).
    Dec. 17, 1998: with St. Louis - four games, high stick (Phoenix's Jeremy Roenick).
    Oct. 29, 1995: with St. Louis - four games, slashing (Washington's Pat Peake)

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    When I initially heard about this, I thought he should get similar punishment to Simon. Then I watched the replay. In all honesty, it is very hard to tell from that one replay whether he is trying to step on Kessler, or whether he's trying to just disentangle his leg from Kessler's legs and stick. It doesn't look like he even had enough balance at the time to deliberately stomp the guy. THat said, I would still have liked to see a 4 or 5 games suspension, just to send the message that that type of play is not acceptable.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    A suspension similar to Simon's was warranted in my opinion.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    When I initially heard about this, I thought he should get similar punishment to Simon. Then I watched the replay. In all honesty, it is very hard to tell from that one replay whether he is trying to step on Kessler, or whether he's trying to just disentangle his leg from Kessler's legs and stick. It doesn't look like he even had enough balance at the time to deliberately stomp the guy. THat said, I would still have liked to see a 4 or 5 games suspension, just to send the message that that type of play is not acceptable.
    Look at this picture from this link and video (closer look then video before)it looks like he did it on purpose.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=232002&hubname=

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Pronger is dirtier than the skanks on Rock Of Love.
    After watching the video a couple of times my conclusion is Pronger stepped on Kessler on purpose in an attempt to get out of the scissor hold Kessler was using on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    Pronger is dirtier than the skanks on Rock Of Love.
    After watching the video a couple of times my conclusion is Pronger stepped on Kessler on purpose in an attempt to get out of the scissor hold Kessler was using on him.
    And TSN has put up a closer look it.Better video then before.

K, watched the better quality video on TSN. I still think no more than about 5 games is warranted, though I DO think he should get that. It certainly was not a stomp. He sort of pushed back at his leg while skating away, after Kessler tried to hold him in place with his legs. It is not comparable to what Simon did, but he should be suspended for a period, as that kind of play is not welcome in the game.

K, watched the better quality video on TSN. I still think no more than about 5 games is warranted, though I DO think he should get that. It certainly was not a stomp. He sort of pushed back at his leg while skating away, after Kessler tried to hold him in place with his legs. It is not comparable to what Simon did, but he should be suspended for a period, as that kind of play is not welcome in the game.
    He definitely should of been suspended.I think the Brian Burke factor helped a little bit and the fact Pronger is one of the so called star defenseman of the NHL.

What I don't get is how the NHL can have not known that video existed. They definitely knew they had a better picture, but decided to not suspend him before it became public

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    He should have received 15 games, minimum.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Quote Originally Posted by 3Jack View Post
    I agree !

I can't agree with you guys more...... The last few years Pronger has gotten away with waaaaaay too much. I used to snicker at the guys that would say the NHL had a double standard for its star players... but now..... I have bought into that fact.

I think 15 is pretty harsh. He didn't stomp the guy violently, to me it was more like a push. And, let's be honest, Kessler was trying to hold Pronger's skate with his own, so he shouldn't be *ing about Pronger "stomping" him.

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Here is the replay.. you be the judge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7kRKus2FRQ
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

I think 15 is pretty harsh. He didn't stomp the guy violently, to me it was more like a push. And, let's be honest, Kessler was trying to hold Pronger's skate with his own, so he shouldn't be *ing about Pronger "stomping" him.
    Holding someone isn't justification for stomping on someone's leg. If Simon got 30 for doing what he did, 15 seems appropriate for Pronger, elite player discount included.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Holding someone isn't justification for stomping on someone's leg. If Simon got 30 for doing what he did, 15 seems appropriate for Pronger, elite player discount included.
    What Pronger did could have ended the other player's career..... those skate blades cut like a knife. He seems to run the blade across his leg not just stomp on it

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar

Breaking News On Pronger Stomp !!!

Heard on the Team 1200 about 30 minutes ago that the NHL has decided to review. On Thursday night the NHL saw a new angle on Sportsnet that gave a better view of the incident. Pronger was slated to have a phone hearing with the NHL on Friday evening (Tonight).
    The Team was interviewing one of the writers who was at the game and he had been talking with as he said "The Culprit" himself who told him that he is suspended immediately until NHL makes decision. Understand that if the suspension is 4 games or less Ducks will accept. If suspension is more than they will be going to Toronto to appeal decision................

My guess is it will be 4 games.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/...mp_nhl_review/
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Chris St. Michael View Post
    Here is the replay.. you be the judge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7kRKus2FRQ
    Here is a clearer version of the video revealed late Thursday - with a better look at the incident -

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=232002&hubname=nhl

TSN poll .So far.

Should the NHL suspend Ducks defenceman Chris Pronger based on the new video footage available?

Yes
    92%

No
    8%

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    Im getting so sick of Pronger and the Ducks! I guess every NHL team needs a whiny like Burke! Last year Alfie shooting the puck at Niedermayer was more talked about than Prongers elbow on McAmmond! This is no different than Simon! But Pronger might get 0-4 games! Just stupid if you ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattchew View Post
    Im getting so sick of Pronger and the Ducks! I guess every NHL team needs a whiny like Burke! Last year Alfie shooting the puck at Niedermayer was more talked about than Prongers elbow on McAmmond! This is no different than Simon! But Pronger might get 0-4 games! Just stupid if you ask me!
    Sadly, I think you may be right on the length of the suspension. I hope you're wrong, but I think you're right.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Sadly, I think you may be right on the length of the suspension. I hope you're wrong, but I think you're right.
    I hope TSN is right, they are saying at least 10........

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    Heard on the Team 1200 about 30 minutes ago that the NHL has decided to review.

So let me get this straight - the NHL looked at it and promptly decided there was no suspension warranted, but then react to fan outcry and have decided to give it further review? WTF? What are these guys, politicians?

Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    So let me get this straight - the NHL looked at it and promptly decided there was no suspension warranted, but then react to fan outcry and have decided to give it further review? WTF? What are these guys, politicians?
    Not due to public outcry perse, but due to the second video, a much better angle, much tighter shot of the infraction.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    I hope TSN is right, they are saying at least 10........
    Fingers crossed! Here's hoping they go for 15, taking him out of most of the first round of the playoffs.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Fingers crossed! Here's hoping they go for 15, taking him out of most of the first round of the playoffs.
    Sadly.........Ain't going to happen!!

NHL does not want to hurt the chances of any of their "beloved" United States teams from advancing to the Cup Final. Did you see Bettman last year acting like a "giddy" school girl when he was presenting the Cup. He exclaimed "to the first California Stanley Cup champ". NHL will not let go of the dream of expanding the popularity of hockey in the US and especially "highest" populated state California.

I am sticking with the prediction that Pronger will not get more than 4 games and thus no appeal from the Ducks will occur and the incident will go away......
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    Sadly.........Ain't going to happen!!

NHL does not want to hurt the chances of any of their "beloved" United States teams from advancing to the Cup Final. Did you see Bettman last year acting like a "giddy" school girl when he was presenting the Cup. He exclaimed "to the first California Stanley Cup champ". NHL will not let go of the dream of expanding the popularity of hockey in the US and especially "highest" populated state California.

I am sticking with the prediction that Pronger will not get more than 4 games and thus no appeal from the Ducks will occur and the incident will go away......
    The sports channels are saying between 2 - 5 games.Most predict 3 games.

Thread Information