CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    "Why are you always on about women Stan?"
    "I want to be one"
    "What for?"
    "I want to have babies."
    "Have babies? You haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? What are you going to do keep it in a box?"
    "It's symbolic of our struggle against oppression"
    "It's symbolic of your struggle against reality"

Sorry. I couldn't help it.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    "Why are you always on about women Stan?"
    "I want to be one"
    "What for?"
    "I want to have babies."
    "Have babies? You haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? What are you going to do keep it in a box?"
    "It's symbolic of our struggle against oppression"
    "It's symbolic of your struggle against reality"
    Sorry. I couldn't help it.
    Do you have to be old to understand this as well???
    Last edited by Kilroy; 03-14-2008 at 02:18 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Yes. Monty Python's Life of Brian. Way before your time and VERY funny.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Ah, but eagle eyed Mike found both of his golf balls. The problem is, he can't differentiate between the two. He's careless, but not blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Started2k3 View Post
    Mike needs to keep looking for his second ball.
    If Mike finds it he is lying 3 with the second ball.
    If he can't find it (second 5 min search), then back to the tee to hit a third ball AND should seriously think about hiring a forecaddy or get his eyes checked or playing partners with good eyesight who can track a ball coming at them.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    Good thing the cart goes in the woods for ya Mike and Start is right on his answer as far as I see it.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    I have a feeling that many are going to be upset with me to the point where I may be banned from the forum. The smilie at the end of the question was meaningful. The ruling scenario was meant to reflect what those of us who are getting old, (although perhaps I should have spoken only for myself) sometimes do, and I thought that it would be obvious. The scenario apparently actually happened, but involved three ladies instead, so I changed the names to protect the innocent and to not appear as being sexist. Perhaps I should have put the ruling in the joke folder, but it was not meant to be a joke, just something that would make everyone smile.

If you consider the theme, "Things are not always as they appear to be," and read the last two sentences carefully, does what really happened become more clear? When I first saw this I burst out laughing thinking it was something that I just might do, some day down the line, of course.
    Mike walks back to the tee and hits a ball. When he walks up to the ball, he finds that it is his ORIGINAL ball. What is the ruling?

I apologize to anyone that may be upset with me, but, a ruling is still required.

Mike walks back to the tee and hits a ball. When he walks up to the ball, he finds that it is his ORIGINAL ball. What is the ruling?
    I found that confusing, but "a" ball "the" ball and "it" are kind of ambiguous so like others I have to assume that he found the original and now needs to locate the ball in play.

Perhaps the subtlties are layers deep?

5 Wood AndrewMGA is on a distinguished road AndrewMGA's Avatar
    Ok, I'll guess that Mike actually forgot to take his tee shot and left it on the tee box. So when he walked back it was still sitting on the tee, he hit it walked down the fairway and found it, therefore he was lying one and feeling like a moron .

If that's the case then perhaps BC should be banned for some unwritten (as yet) rule.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewMGA View Post
    Ok, I'll guess that Mike actually forgot to take his tee shot and left it on the tee box. So when he walked back it was still sitting on the tee, he hit it walked down the fairway and found it, therefore he was lying one and feeling like a moron .
    CLOSE ENOUGH!! Would Mike do something like this? Will my suspension be longer than Chris Pronger's?

I plead guilty with an explanation. The scenario was not original. It came from the Leith Society, a UK rules website and I just changed the names.

The consensus is that he IS lying 1, but would you consider a penalty for "undue delay?" The RCGA/GQ/OVGA allows 40 seconds to play a shot. Mike took a week to 10 days to play his.

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    The RCGA/GQ/OVGA allows 40 seconds to play a shot. Mike took a week to 10 days to play his.
    40 seconds........??? What does the PGA allow 40 minutes..........???

Seems like they do when watching JB Holmes pre-shot routine. Nick Faldo commented that he counted 11 practice swings prior to one shot at the FBR that JB eventually won..........
    Do not blame Tiger raising the question of slow play after his match against JB. You could see the look on Tiger's and caddie Steve's face when JB was going through his routine.............
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Monday Qualifier Started2k3 is on a distinguished road
    Now that the language is cleared up.

Rule 6-7: "Between completion of a hole and playing from the next teeing ground, the player must not unduly delay play."

Definite penalty.

Stroke play he is lying 3.
    Match play loss of hole.
    Back at it.

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Golfing View Post
    40 seconds........??? What does the PGA allow 40 minutes..........???

Seems like they do when watching JB Holmes pre-shot routine. Nick Faldo commented that he counted 11 practice swings prior to one shot at the FBR that JB eventually won..........
    Do not blame Tiger raising the question of slow play after his match against JB. You could see the look on Tiger's and caddie Steve's face when JB was going through his routine.............
    JB is awful. That last wedge to 18 in the FBR took over two minutes and that was one of his more speedy shots. Where is Rory Sabatinni when you need him?

The Tour does nothing about the snails and this helps to make tournament watching a drag. The LPGA has a slow play policy and enforces it. Young Angela Park recently lost 10's of thousands of dollars after being penalized for slow play, but she and others have learned to move their butts. Good for that Tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Started2k3 View Post
    Now that the language is cleared up.

Rule 6-7: "Between completion of a hole and playing from the next teeing ground, the player must not unduly delay play."

Definite penalty.

Stroke play he is lying 3.
    Match play loss of hole.
    The Rules Official ruled that the person was lying 3, but questioned his decision. He cited 27-1, lost ball-stroke and distance, but that cannot apply as there was no ball in play. 6-7 or a slow play policy in effect, would be appropriate.

Championship Cup PEI Golfing is on a distinguished road PEI Golfing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    JB is awful. That last wedge to 18 in the FBR took over two minutes and that was one of his more speedy shots. Where is Rory Sabatinni when you need him?

The Tour does nothing about the snails and this helps to make tournament watching a drag. The LPGA has a slow play policy and enforces it. Young Angela Park recently lost 10's of thousands of dollars after being penalized for slow play, but she and others have learned to move their butts. Good for that Tour.
    Yes, can not understand why the PGA will not enforce a slow play policy.
    Was watching the European Tour this morning from South Korea, and I can not remember which group it was, but they were jogging between shots as the commentator explained they had been warned about slow play.

JB needs a "fire lit" under him and perhaps alittle jogging........
    "So many moving parts. Your whole body's moving, and this ball is not moving. It's standing still, laughing at you." [B] Tiger Woods[/B]

Thread Information