100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar

Thumbs up Golf-O-Max Hole in one pot won!

Yesterday I became the first winner of the new hole in one pot at Golf-O-Max. It's too cold for outside, so we went for the screens a bit early this season. Dru explained to us that for a $2 buy in, you can win the pot. Since only $100 was in the pot at the time, he tops it up with Golf-O-Bucks for a minimum win of $500, with 10% for charity.

On the third hole at Innsbrook, from 138 yards. Farzin was bugging me to hurry up, but I replied that "The grey matter is still working on the hole in one" Then I drained it
    I was lucky that there was only one other person in there to buy a beer for!
    Made my day!

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

Thumbs up great way to start silly season

Congrats again Dan

What a great way to start off the silly season, although it's not the end of the real season just yet.

It was an awsome shot that landed just over the bunker to a tightly placed flag with a one hop and little roll to the back of the cup. What I enjoyed also was when he went back to hit his next tee shot. Looked down and saw a club lying on the matt. It was was the one he threw after "the shot". When he picked it up and looked at it, he then realized that he had hit the wrong club.

And BTW thanks again for the beer and the round. And yes you were lucky this didnt happen at one of our events there.

Yah, yah... You need to take one less club indoors anyway. It was just meant to be :freak5

alice
    On the third hole at Innsbrook, from 138 yards. Farzin was bugging me to hurry up, but I replied that "The grey matter is still working on the hole in one" Then I drained it
    Made my day!

Congrats Dan,

A hole in one is a hole in one no matter what course you are playing. Is that the first time you've had a one?
    :dazzler1

:roller

Yes, it's the first. Since it was on a sim, I don't think it counts as a real HIO. It was pretty exciting to say the least! The prize certianly is better than anything I'd have won if we had been outside!

I am keeping the ball

By the way, the pot is starting up again so there should be quite a few winners this season. Good luck to all!

alice
    Which do you think is harder to do? HIO on a real course or on a simulator? At least on a real course you can get a good bounce off a hill or ridge.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    Yesterday I became the first winner of the new hole in one pot at Golf-O-Max. It's too cold for outside, so we went for the screens a bit early this season. Dru explained to us that for a $2 buy in, you can win the pot. Since only $100 was in the pot at the time, he tops it up with Golf-O-Bucks for a minimum win of $500, with 10% for charity.

Made my day!
    Congratulations Dan. In our minds it counts.

But what's with this "too cold" bit! Waaaahhhhhhhhhhhh :cry

I've got tee times Friday and Saturday

I'm not giving in yet!
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Playing Winter Rules Farzin is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    Made my day!
    The roaring sound of hole in one wakes me up every time I fell sleep watching golf. Not this time. I was up and witnessed a real one made not by David Toms or Lee Westwood , but my buddy Dan Kilbank. What a shot, and what a feeling. Not mentionining the party after.....
    This time I Just made it to the coach and passed out after a hole in one..
    Last edited by Farzin; 10-23-2003 at 12:42 PM.

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar
    Dan, you didn't have the 138 yrd gimme option turned on did you? Congrats on the accomplishment.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Which do you think is harder to do? HIO on a real course or on a simulator?
    I don't really think there is much difference, it requires a good shot and some good luck. I just think that for a HIO to be "real" it needs to be outside. It's an asterix; I got one* (but it was on a sim).
    Kinda like winning a PGA event where Tiger didn't play :freak5

138 yrd gimmies? That's pretty generous

Birdie Slammin' Stever is on a distinguished road Slammin' Stever's Avatar

Wink Congrat's Dan!

Dan,
    Remember real golf as in simulator golf it's not how.... it's how many ! There has probably been a few double bogey plus's +++ on that hole also..it is all relative!

It reminds me of the first time my father in law played the old Par T simulators with the laser on the ceiling. The teeing area was very narrow and the walls were close on your back swing. This set up for my father in law's very flat swing. On a par 5 at pebble beach he took a might swish at the ball. On his backswing his driver punched a large hole in the drywall and on contact the ball went straight up in the air and hit the lights over head. .....The result was a 475 yard drive on a 500 plus yard par five!!

As I recall he took a double bogey on that hole. He was very long with his wedges also!

However he will never let me forget the longest drive of his golfing career!

congratulations,

Stever

Thread Information