100 Holes of Hope

View Poll Results: Will the Sens make the playoffs?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

30 88.24%
  • No

4 11.76%
+ Reply to Thread
    NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar

Will the Sens make the playoffs?

Yes or no? We could miss out if we keep this up. If so, what seed do you think we'll get?
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Have you been drinking again? Of course we will.....
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    we will win the div, and be second on the conf. to NJ. Not make the playoffs? You are crazy brother, crazy!!
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Eagle golfott is on a distinguished road
    poll should have been, will the sens make the playoffs, have another in a long line of disappointing post season, not win the ultimate prize, yet for some reason not make any major changes and end up with the same team next year that once again will not win even though all the local homers will think they have the best team in the history of the game

just an idea

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfott View Post
    poll should have been, will the sens make the playoffs, have another in a long line of disappointing post season, not win the ultimate prize, yet for some reason not make any major changes and end up with the same team next year that once again will not win even though all the local homers will think they have the best team in the history of the game

just an idea

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar

just an idea
    I think you have the Sens confused with the Make Beliefs

1967 Baby, 1967

hey when the leafs suck, at least you know they will suck and do not have these ridiculous expectations of them being oh so good, only to see what is happening again.

And I never get sens fans with the 67 chant, not like the sens have won the cup either, I think you need to win one first before you can rally ridicule others.

Now from habs fans, yes of course, and hey maybe another one this year (ong shot but hey you never know), but sens, not a chance, never was one and never will be one

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Of course Go Sens GO!!!
    My son Gus real excited about the game.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fireice View Post
    Of course Go Sens GO!!!
    My son Gus real excited about the game.
    That musthave been taken during the last OTT/TOR fiasco

Fine (and healthy) looking young specimen of a man!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    hey when the leafs suck, at least you know they will suck and do not have these ridiculous expectations of them being oh so good, only to see what is happening again.

And I never get sens fans with the 67 chant, not like the sens have won the cup either, I think you need to win one first before you can rally ridicule others.

Now from habs fans, yes of course, and hey maybe another one this year (ong shot but hey you never know), but sens, not a chance, never was one and never will be one
    Normal people know that the leafs suck, it is their fans that don't know it

As for the 1967 chant, if the laughs were to win the cup this year the Sens would still have 28 years to win before matching the Laughs futility record

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Normal people know that the leafs suck, it is their fans that don't know it

As for the 1967 chant, if the laughs were to win the cup this year the Sens would still have 28 years to win before matching the Laughs futility record
    I am pretty sure most of us Leaf fans know we suck. That's why the major outcry for some changes in TO this year.....This is the best trade deadline the Leafs have had in I don't know how long.

Maybe the players in Ottawa also don't care if they win a cup for another 28 years hence there passion to win when they have to........

The Sens will make the playoffs though.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    The leafs need to trade away all their over paid players. If they won't give up their no trade... buy them out. I read somewhere that you only pay the dude 2/3 of what he is owed on the contract AND only 1/2 of that amount counts against the cap. A good way for teams who are rich (TOR) to buy their way out of their mistakes. I say wign sundin to a 4-year deal then don't give him a no trade clause this time. Then right after you sign him trade him to the worst team in the league for a first round draft pick just to screw him over!!!
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    What the leafs really need, is the Guru:
    http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/thel...ml?showVideo=1

Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    The leafs need to trade away all their over paid players. If they won't give up their no trade... buy them out. I read somewhere that you only pay the dude 2/3 of what he is owed on the contract AND only 1/2 of that amount counts against the cap. A good way for teams who are rich (TOR) to buy their way out of their mistakes. I say wign sundin to a 4-year deal then don't give him a no trade clause this time. Then right after you sign him trade him to the worst team in the league for a first round draft pick just to screw him over!!!

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    What the leafs really need, is the Guru:
    http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/thel...ml?showVideo=1
    only in a comedy would the leafs be in the Cup finals!!!

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    Yeah, but if I read this right, that means 1/3 of their salary will count against the cap, presumably for the remainder of the contract. That would result in a considerable hit to the cap with no gain.

the leafs did all that. In trading gill the removed 2.5 mil form the cap. and this summer they will trade kubina, 5 mil gone. that leaves a lot of room to fill in with other players, and sundin will not be signed, but if he does nto retire he will likely take less money.
    so all in all fletch did a decent job and looks like they are starting to turn the corner.

now watch ottawa and its high priced talent, maybe getting to soft with their millions

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    now watch ottawa and its high priced talent, maybe getting to soft with their millions
    Right. The same millions that make Ottawa soft make Anahiem good, and make the Leafs suck.
    Better to have high priced talent that just a high price, you know, like McCabe for example.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

mcabe.............redden................ummmm

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    mcabe.............redden................ummmm
    ........ummmmmmmmm.........okay, let's compare!

Here's an excerpt from an article that appeared in Canadian Business from last spring about hockeys most and least valuable players :

'Ah, the salary cap. The great equalizer in the NHL. No more can teams buy their way to the top. Not that some teams were able to do that anyway (Hello, Toronto Maple Leafs and your 40 years of futility). But today's NHL team is just as much a function of salaries as it is players. Each team had roughly $44 million (all figures in $US) to spend in 2006. Some, such as the Maple Leafs, spent it unwisely

The best-spending Canadian team was the Ottawa Senators at $430,201 a point

If you just look at cost per point, then the Colorado Avalanche's Paul Stastny and Andrew Brunette, along with the San Jose Sharks' Milan Michalek, would fill out your forward line. On defence, looking at cost per point and plus/minus, you'd likely end up with Tom Preissing and Christoph Schubert of the Ottawa Senators.

Plus/minus stats aside, you can't go wrong with Dion Phaneuf...let's compare him to Maple Leaf Bryan McCabe — a.k.a. the human pylon. McCabe slightly outscored Phaneuf with 57 points to finish 10th among defenders, but each minute he spent on the ice cost $3,250, or roughly 14 times what Phaneuf received. McCabe is also one of the worst defensive defencemen in the league, with a plus/minus hovering around zero despite all his points... McCabe's salary of $7.15 million.'

BTW Redden's salary is 6.5 million. I didn't check the totals for this year but I'm pretty sure Redden is outpacing Mccabe by about 20 points.

For your enjoyment here's the link for the article : http://www.canadianbusiness.com/rank...&type=overview
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Owned!!!

Nice post Shivas.

Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    ........ummmmmmmmm.........okay, let's compare!

Here's an excerpt from an article that appeared in Canadian Business from last spring about hockeys most and least valuable players :

'Ah, the salary cap. The great equalizer in the NHL. No more can teams buy their way to the top. Not that some teams were able to do that anyway (Hello, Toronto Maple Leafs and your 40 years of futility). But today's NHL team is just as much a function of salaries as it is players. Each team had roughly $44 million (all figures in $US) to spend in 2006. Some, such as the Maple Leafs, spent it unwisely

The best-spending Canadian team was the Ottawa Senators at $430,201 a point

If you just look at cost per point, then the Colorado Avalanche's Paul Stastny and Andrew Brunette, along with the San Jose Sharks' Milan Michalek, would fill out your forward line. On defence, looking at cost per point and plus/minus, you'd likely end up with Tom Preissing and Christoph Schubert of the Ottawa Senators.

Plus/minus stats aside, you can't go wrong with Dion Phaneuf...let's compare him to Maple Leaf Bryan McCabe — a.k.a. the human pylon. McCabe slightly outscored Phaneuf with 57 points to finish 10th among defenders, but each minute he spent on the ice cost $3,250, or roughly 14 times what Phaneuf received. McCabe is also one of the worst defensive defencemen in the league, with a plus/minus hovering around zero despite all his points... McCabe's salary of $7.15 million.'

BTW Redden's salary is 6.5 million. I didn't check the totals for this year but I'm pretty sure Redden is outpacing Mccabe by about 20 points.

For your enjoyment here's the link for the article : http://www.canadianbusiness.com/rank...&type=overview

hey i am not defending mcabe, just pointing out what i hear from all these sens fans. how they all hate redden, he is soo bad, so just passing it on.

anyway, leafs have no chance to win it ths year, but hey everyone knew that going in, sens again have no chance, but hey people still think they will

whatever, wait till june and we will see the truth

Thread Information