100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Falcon Ridge

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar

Thumbs up Falcon Ridge

Played Falcon Ridge today for the first time since they moved some of the white (and red) tees, and I have to say it is quite an improvement. Make no mistake, it is still a tough course (especially the back nine) - but at least now you can leave the 18th green without feeling like you've just been mugged!

What they've done is move the white tee markers up to the reds on #2, 6, 7, 8 and 11 and are building new tee boxes for the reds. As a result, you now have some club choices available on these holes instead of being forced to hit driver and then fairway wood in order to have any hope of reaching the green in regulation.

They've also cut back a lot of the trees, bush and undergrowth on #10, 11 and 12. They're still narrow, unforgiving holes - but at least now if you miss the fairway you have a good chance of finding you ball in woods and pitching it back into play. They've also cut down the fescue quite a bit, but they had baled it into hay so I'm not sure if this a permanent thing.

Course conditions were excellent - especially the fairways which were absolutely gorgeous. I teed off at 8 and had the entire course to myself!

I've been critical of this course in the past (as have a lot of people) because it was riduculously hard for the vast majority of amateur golfers (both men and women) - so it's nice to see that they have listened and acted accordingly. It's still tough - but it's fair. Can't ask for more than that.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Big_duck
    Took three cracks at this course last year, then gave up and haven't been back. It's too bad to because it was reasonably priced and close to my place.

Have to give it another shot it guess.

Thread Information