CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Marian Hossa from Atlanta to Pittsburgh for Angelo Esposito, Colby Armstrong, Dave Christianson and a 1st round draft choice
    Holy doodle!
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Wow. So Montreal finishes with nothing!

Marian Hossa from Atlanta to Pittsburgh for Angelo Esposito, Colby Armstrong, Dave Christianson and a 1st round draft choice
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Apparently still some deals to be announced but have been filed with the NHL.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Ottawa didn't do much either. Lapointe...

So we're stuck with Emery. Blech.
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Indeed - However I foresee Gerber playing well now. Someone has to kick it into high gear so why not him?

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    I recall that the past two trade deadlines had deals announced after 3 pm... due to processing as Indio indicated, so maybe there is still some hope...
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Chris Simon traded from NYI to the Wild for 6th round draft choice.

Brad Stuart from LA to Detroit for 2nd and 4th round draft choices

Yeah but where's the Big D man we need here in Ottawa???? Simon will be suspended by next week anyway.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weazl View Post
    Don’t laugh too loud. I’m actually happy they did not make the Hossa or any other “big” deal. The price is too high for nothing. The Habs have a great young team and should be a contender in a few years. Obviously the price was too high for Hossa. I would have actually preferred Richards then Hossa.

A big move did not necessarily make the Habs better. The team as it is will be a great team in two years.

Ottawa on the other hand….they still have Emery….crash and burn.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Chad Kilger from Toronto to Florida for a 3rd round draft choice.

Let's see the Habs dealt their starting goalie, and have to hedge their bets on the legs of Streit (Sp?) and Ryder??? Come on. The twins are good, and Kovalev can be good, must be a contract year ffor him. Latendresse is a bust, and their best player is a defenseman in Markhov. I would say neither MTL or Ottawa wins a Cupw itht ehir current teams unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by mberube View Post
    Don’t laugh too loud. I’m actually happy they did not make the Hossa or any other “big” deal. The price is too high for nothing. The Habs have a great young team and should be a contender in a few years. Obviously the price was too high for Hossa. I would have actually preferred Richards then Hossa.

A big move did not necessarily make the Habs better. The team as it is will be a great team in two years.

Marc-Andre Beregeron to Anaheim from the Islanders for a 3rd round draft pick

9 Iron DLIII is on a distinguished road

Brad Richards wasn't moving his family to Montreal so that was never an option.

I'll have to pick up a sports package I want to see Pittsburgh now. Crosby will bring out the best in Hossa for sure.

No one is beating pittsburgh in 2 years. Yeesh. Crosby, Malkin, Staal. Just awesome, young players I mean Crosby and Malkin could finish 1 -2 in scoring. Gosh to be a Pens fan now.

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar

Do you think it was a good move to trade Huet and now all the pressure is on Price.

Al Montoya and Marcel Hossa from NYR to Phoenix for Sjostrom, Gratton and Leneveu

9 Iron DLIII is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by foxman View Post
    Do you think it was a good move to trade Huet and now all the pressure is on Price.
    Price is fine he has ice in his veins. It's the least of MTL's worries. I would worry about big teams pounding MTL's D

Al Montoya and Marcel Hossa from NYR to Phoenix for Sjostrom and 2 other plyers I missed
    F Josh Gratton G David Leneveu

J-S Aubin from LA to Anaheim for a 7th round draft pick

J-S Aubin from LA to Anaheim for a 7th round draft pick
    Your faster then tv coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Weazl View Post
    Let's see the Habs dealt their starting goalie, and have to hedge their bets on the legs of Streit (Sp?) and Ryder??? Come on. The twins are good, and Kovalev can be good, must be a contract year ffor him. Latendresse is a bust, and their best player is a defenseman in Markhov. I would say neither MTL or Ottawa wins a Cupw itht ehir current teams unfortunately.
    Huet was gone at the end of the year some goes with Ryder. Both UR agents next season. I called the Huet trade yesterday night. He lost his starting job two weeks ago.

Where did you thing the Habs would be at the beginning of the season? 10-11th? One of the best PP in the league. Great PK.

Price is there future net minder. Times will be hard but he will prevail. They are very young and solid in the backend. Markov, Komisarek, Obryne, Hamerlik.

Kovalev, Plekanec, the two Kostisyn bros, Higgins has great potential. Lapierre has great speed and grit. All the young kids won the Calder cup last season including Price as a rookie. The future for the team is promising. I like what management and coaching is doing with this team. I’m confident that changes this summer will only reinforce this team.

Huet was gone at the end of the year some goes with Ryder. Both UR agents next season. I called the Huet trade yesterday night. He lost his starting job two weeks ago.

Where did you thing the Habs would be at the beginning of the season? 10-11th? One of the best PP in the league. Great PK.

Price is there future net minder. Times will be hard but he will prevail. They are very young and solid in the backend. Markov, Komisarek, Obryne, Hamerlik.

Kovalev, Plekanec, the two Kostisyn bros, Higgins has great potential. Lapierre has great speed and grit. All the young kids won the Calder cup last season including Price as a rookie. The future for the team is promising. I like what management and coaching is doing with this team. I’m confident that changes this summer will only reinforce this team.
    TSN just said Huet wanted way to much money to resign and Gainey said no way.

Quote Originally Posted by DLIII View Post
    Brad Richards wasn't moving his family to Montreal so that was never an option.
    I know that and I never implied that there was a deal to be made. MTL was not on Richards list unfortunately. All I’m saying is that I prefer Richards over Hossa especially at that price.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Brian Campbell and a 7th round draft pick traded from Buffalo to the SJ Sharks for Steve Bernier and a 1st round draft pick (I was hoping Ottawa would pick him up)
    NADA!

One step closer to hoisting Lord Stanley's Cup in San Jose. I sure hope I can get the time off from the Back Shop to attend the parade in sunny San Jose if they win.

Wade Belak, I can't fathom giving up a 5th round pick for him. Maybe a bag of practice pucks and some towels for the dressing room. But a 5th round pick? Surely a team with some decent scouts could draft a much better player than Belak with that pick. Hey maybe Fletcher is on the ball afterall
    !
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Quote Originally Posted by foxman View Post
    I was not surprise that he was traded BUT I was surprised that he was traded for a second rd pick. Like I said, I called it yesterday with friends.

I do thing it is a good move for two reasons:
    1-Huet does not have a good post season record nor does he have a good end of season run when the pressure is on. That said why not go with your young gun goalie that just won the Calder cup as an AHL end of season rookie and the WJU20 gold medal in the same season.
    2-Halak. This kid is an unbelievable goalie. He cannot play in the AHL for long. These two kids will have a great competition on who gets the start.

All in all, the habs likely does not have the team to win the cup even with Huet. Give your young players like Price the experience needed too succeed up the road.

My take on things.

Mike

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    CONSPIRACY THEORY #1

Ray Emery tanked last night's game against the Leafs in order to sour his trade milk right before the deadline, basically saying "screw you" to Sens management.

This is just a theory folks, but that being said I find it quite interesting that last night, after being basically "showcased" by Sens management for the last couple of weeks, he gets shelled by 25th overall. After his performance the game before in Pittsburgh, where he made some incredible saves, to come out like that last night. Something's fishy, IMO.

Not that I'm short-changing my Leafs. I think it was a great show of support for Sundin for the team to play the way they did last night. But 5-0?? Maybe 3 or 4-2, either way, but not a goose egg.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Reality of last night's game...Emery still sucks. Showcase him all you want, you're setting yourself up to reduce what you could get for him. You should have sat him on the bench to bring MORE interest to him. "What's up with Ray? Why aren't they playing Ray? What would we have to give up to get him?"

The Leafs kept to outplaying the Sens again last night and I seriously think that Ray's mind wandered completely on 2 of those goals, atleast it would make them excuseable.

But who the hell were the defencemen that skated AWAY from Dominic Moore last night during his nice goal? It was almost like they wanted to expose Ray for the bum he is.

Only saving grace for a Leaf fan right now though, I get to cheer on the Ducks this spring as long as JS Aubin is on the roster .

Fallys
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

I think if your a habs or sens fan you should be happy not getting hossa.Atlanta wanted 3 roster players and prospect or draft pick.I don't blame either team for not trading.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I have a ticket to this Saturday's game against the Penguins. It'll be nice to watch Hossa in action.

Marian Hossa fand Pascal Dupuis rom Atlanta to Pittsburgh for Angelo Esposito, Colby Armstrong, Eric Christianson and a 1st round draft choice
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Thread Information