100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar

Senators Rumor on TSN Trade Centre

I'm sitting here watching the so far boring TSN Trade Centre and they just said that after last nights game, a source 'iwith the team' said that Murray has decided to move Paddock and return behind the bench himself for the remainder of the season and that Emery had his last chance.

I hope the rumor is true!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    I'm sitting here watching the so far boring TSN Trade Centre and they just said that after last nights game, a source 'iwith the team' said that Murray has decided to move Paddock and return behind the bench himself for the remainder of the season and that Emery had his last chance.

I hope the rumor is true!

Good! But is it a case of too little too late? Can they turn it around????
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    I really hope they don't rent hossa. Pick up Jay bowmeaster (sp?) I hear he is avail. Get rid of emery. Doesn't FLa need a goalie?
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    Good! But is it a case of too little too late? Can they turn it around????
    They still have 19 games left, I believe they can and will turn this around even if they don't change coaches.

I believe the big problem with the team is Emery. The players have no confidence in his abilities and they are playing much tighter in front of him.

Baxter
    Wow, just logged into Sportsnet and saw the score from last night....I could see Murray making that move to go behind the bench....What the heck happened last night. Did the leafs play that well or was it the Sens sucking from the start again and never waking up...or was it the power Leafs just handing them their lunch???

Mr.Murray please try and get a goalie today...Chicago would be nice for Emery

Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    I really hope they don't rent hossa. Pick up Jay bowmeaster (sp?) I hear he is avail. Get rid of emery. Doesn't FLa need a goalie?
    No, Vokoun is doing just fine (was an allstar).

Not too sure about the validity of the rumour, not a peep on any of the sport sites about the possibility.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

They still have 19 games left, I believe they can and will turn this around even if they don't change coaches.

I believe the big problem with the team is Emery. The players have no confidence in his abilities and they are playing much tighter in front of him.

They are just flat out playing bad, regardless of who's between the pipes. Like my boss said, if you want to straighten out the team sit the big three for a period. Show everyone on the team no one is safe from discipline.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bullis View Post
    Wow, just logged into Sportsnet and saw the score from last night....I could see Murray making that move to go behind the bench....What the heck happened last night. Did the leafs play that well or was it the Sens sucking from the start again and never waking up...or was it the power Leafs just handing them their lunch???

Mr.Murray please try and get a goalie today...Chicago would be nice for Emery
    The Toronto goalie got a shutout and wasn't one of the 3 stars! Does that tell you how the game went?

The Toronto goalie got a shutout and wasn't one of the 3 stars! Does that tell you how the game went?
    I could only listen to the game on the radio and about halfway through the second period you could feel like Gord Wilson wanted to just scream. He described the Sens play of the last couple of months as sloppy. Pretty good analogy, but I wouldn't have been so kind.

Like my boss said, if you want to straighten out the team sit the big three for a period. Show everyone on the team no one is safe from discipline.
    As a coach, I would not embaress my star players with 19 games left in the season. Now I might break them up, but not sit them down. That would be suicide.

As a coach, I would not embaress my star players with 19 games left in the season. Now I might break them up, but not sit them down. That would be suicide.

They're pros, if they can't take it, find another profession. They are getting paid to produce, you're not producing, have a seat until you feel like putting forth a better effort. That is a weak excuse. If their egos are as frail as you imply, they never should've gotten up after losing the Cup last year. Yet they came out of the gates like gangbusters. They need some adversity to get them fired up. It's like they are going through the motions out there. I only see three guys working hard, Fisher, Commodore and Phillips.

They're pros, if they can't take it, find another profession. They are getting paid to produce, you're not producing, have a seat until you feel like putting forth a better effort. That is a weak excuse. If their egos are as frail as you imply, they never should've gotten up after losing the Cup last year. Yet they came out of the gates like gangbusters. They need some adversity to get them fired up. It's like they are going through the motions out there. I only see three guys working hard, Fisher, Commodore and Phillips.
    I agree with you somewhat, but not with 19 games left!

As for commodore, I think he is playing like th rest of the defence, like crap! It seem like on every goal lately, he is the one chasing the opponent to the net on a goal. Not impressive.

I agree with you somewhat, but not with 19 games left!

As for commodore, I think he is playing like th rest of the defence, like crap! It seem like on every goal lately, he is the one chasing the opponent to the net on a goal. Not impressive.

Watch closely, he's usually chasing because he's trying to cover his playing partner's ass! I was at the Columbus game, down at ice level and he played great. He's a workhorse. Always 110% out there. What he lacks in pure talent he makes up for in effort and heart......too bad others wouldn't follow his lead. Now Stillman on the other hand.....

Anyways, after a long night shift it's off to bed. I hope to wake up to hear the Sens have made many quality moves in an attempt to right the ship. Get rid of the cancers and bring in some heart and grit (with a little skill wouldn't hurt).

Watch closely, he's usually chasing because he's trying to cover his playing partner's ass! I was at the Columbus game, down at ice level and he played great. He's a workhorse. Always 110% out there. What he lacks in pure talent he makes up for in effort and heart......too bad others wouldn't follow his lead. Now Stillman on the other hand.....

Anyways, after a long night shift it's off to bed. I hope to wake up to hear the Sens have made many quality moves in an attempt to right the ship. Get rid of the cancers and bring in some heart and grit (with a little skill wouldn't hurt).
    Sweet Dreams big guy

Sweet Dreams big guy

Maybe I'm just crusty because I'm tired. I hope to wake up to lots of activity througout the league. I love trade deadline day. I want the full re-cap, I'll be checking in later. OUT!!!

Maybe I'm just crusty because I'm tired. I hope to wake up to lots of activity througout the league. I love trade deadline day. I want the full re-cap, I'll be checking in later. OUT!!!
    You will be able to check it out on every sports show for the next month and probably beyond

Competitor Golfer_Gofer is on a distinguished road Golfer_Gofer's Avatar
    Toskala was the 3rd star
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfer_Gofer View Post
    Toskala was the 3rd star
    Not on the channel I was watching, Dean Brown was apologizing for not picking him as a start LOL. He said he may have had 31 shots but it was a very easy shutout.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    I need some crazy trades to happen!! This is the best time of the year. NHL deadline, NBA deadline, marchmadness!!! I love it. I really really hope the sens do something and I hope all the leafs with their NT clauses don't waive them and the team gets even worse. I am a little jealous that the team is going to probably end up with one of the top two draft pics this year
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Competitor Golfer_Gofer is on a distinguished road Golfer_Gofer's Avatar
    Fair enough but the officeal 3 stars were
    1 - Tucker
    2 - Stagen
    3 - Toskala

But either way emery paddock will be staying behind the bench this season.. and i dont see any team taking emery for more then a bag of pucks
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    You have to read Onrait's Blog...

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/onrait/?id=230602
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Gap Wedge rando777 is on a distinguished road
    Wouldn't mind seeing Murray back behind the bench. Paddock is about as inspiring as an attack of the flu - BORING As for Wilson - wouldn't mind seeing him traded too YIKES

Quote Originally Posted by rando777 View Post
    As for Wilson - wouldn't mind seeing him traded too YIKES
    You and millions of others!

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    If they trade Emery, they should also get rid of his Buddy, Eli Wilson. The only reason he is with the team is because he was Emery's "coach"...

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    So Montreal trades Cristobal Huet for a 2nd rounder??? Where were we in that process? Oh yeah, we were busy putting the final touches on the Martin Lapointe acquisition.........God I hope that Murray has something BIG on the back burner somewhere.

How about the Avs? Foresburg, Ruslan Salei and now Adam Foote - Solid work there

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    There is no way that Montreal would trade Huet to Ottawa...
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

True - but maybe Washington will...........or maybe Olie the goalie is coming our way

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Appearantly Ottawa is talking to Washington about a goalie.
    And the Caps looooooooooove Olie the Goalie.

It would be too funny if we got Huet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    True - but maybe Washington will...........or maybe Olie the goalie is coming our way

Quote Originally Posted by rezadue View Post
    Appearantly Ottawa is talking to Washington about a goalie.
    And the Caps looooooooooove Olie the Goalie.

It would be too funny if we got Huet.
    That would make my week - could you imagine that..........

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    So Montreal trades Cristobal Huet for a 2nd rounder???
    Hmmm, perhaps they're making some cap room for Hossa???

Thread Information