100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Le Maitre

5 Iron Dustin is on a distinguished road

Le Maitre

So i went up to Tremblant this weekend and played the new Club Lynx course " Le Maitre" designed by Fred Couples. Its $175 per person and was absolutly the most fantastic course i have seen.

I'm not the best golfer, heck not even a "good" golfer shooting about 100 average and still had the time of my life.

Just wanted to let anyone now if they are as stupid as me and willing to pay that much, GO GO GO!

Its an experiance and wanted to share it.

White sand traps, waterfalls, dam its so nice.

Dustin

tripnone

Me Too

I also played there in August and LOVE the design. It is not as mountainous as some of the other courses there and you "can" actually walk it (but it is not flat). It was first rate but yes expensive.

I played there in a 4.5 hr round at 10am on a Sunday and had a fantastic time.

I agree - play it if you have money to burn.

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar

Unhappy $175

I'm of two minds about this...

On the one hand, I'm astounded that a course can be so far from an urban centre, like the NCR.... AND... manage to charge and GET $175!!! Even the Hunt Club, Camelot and the Royal all are under $100 for guests!

On the other hand, I definitely appreciate that we have reasonably close access to a first rate public facility. I guess I'm sorta glad I don't have to drive all the way down to Toronto, or the US, to play a storybook course.

...somehow, though... I have a hard time believing that they can fill all the tee-times. The last thing I'd like to see is the loss of a beautiful facility, I just hope they've done their homework on the demographics....

spidey

5 Iron Dustin is on a distinguished road

!

Tremblant is packed 24/7 Spidey.
    All there courses are astounding. Le Diablo is $145( where the celebs always play and Clinton last year), Le Geant is $145 also.
    La bette and Belle are gorgous also and fairly reasonable at around $45 and $60 i belive.

They have done there demographics, i have a chalet up there and all courses are booked solid all weekends and packed during the week. I tried to get a tee off time last weekend at ANY course and i actually got one because someone just cancelled and it was still at 3:30.

Tremblant seems to be its own little world, summer and winter.
    Summer times all the patios ( like the size of the market) in the village are packed with people eating dinner even as late as 11pm.

Winter time is a diffrent story, can't even walk around its so packed.

so enough of my ramblings...they have done there homework!

Shotmaker spidey is on a distinguished road spidey's Avatar
    Most interesting, tx Dustin.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't their website quote greens fees for non-guests of about $30-$50 for La Belle and $50-$115 for La Bete, depending on the season, and day of week?

spidey

Gray Rocks Golf Packages

7 Wood chad is on a distinguished road

Le Maitre is a Clublink course, not a grey rocks course. That's why it is way more exoensive than La Belle and la Bete!

Thread Information