100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Ace TWoody is on a distinguished road TWoody's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    I hear he wants 2 strokes more for delivery, we only want one (each)
    Let me get out my calculator..... hmmmm..... I'm out two strokes either way.
    Member of the TGN Team
    MEMBER OF THE 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TWoody View Post
    Let me get out my calculator..... hmmmm..... I'm out two strokes either way.
    You TGN guys just can't be fooled can you
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Gentlemen, I won't get into it here, but I am officially out for next weekend. I truly appreciate all the offers to help pay my way down there. But alas, this is not money related. If I could truly type what I am feeling right now, I'd get banned from the site.

Now for the really bad news. Unless I can find a replacement, CaddyShack04 will have to be cut from the team as well as two guys from the TGN team. The format just won't work otherwise. I feel terrible that my personal issues are putting a huge damper and ruining this great event. I am truly sorry for this.

So this is me begging for someone to step up and take my place. I know this is very short notice, but at this point I don't have any other options. I will try sorting this out one last time tonight, but I doubt I'll make any progress. So I will respond back later tonight to confirm 100% I will not be participating. I am very frustrated right now beyond belief.

I will give this a deadline of Tues. If no one comes forward by then, CaddyShack04 will unfortunately be getting his pink slip. I really hate to get someone's hopes up and then pull the rug out from under them. For those that know me, this is not how I do things. I make sure everything runs as perfectly as possible and everyone has the best time possible. I apologize once again everyone, I can't describe how badly I feel about this.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    That is too bad Geoff. Sucks to hear.
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    So it looks like I need a place to sleep if Geoff isn't comming.. ??
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    We're supposed to have a spare bed in our room.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    thats to bad Geoff....lets hope someone steps up!

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Sorry to hear that Geoff .
    Hopefully someone wants to step up and have some fun , a bit of golf , and maybe a beer or 2
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    We're supposed to have a spare bed in our room.

I would take it if you have one....

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance LePage View Post
    So it looks like I need a place to sleep if Geoff isn't comming.. ??
    Do you snore?
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris St. Michael View Post
    Do you snore?
    No sir.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Watch out Lance, Chris will plant subliminal messages for you to buy his clubs if you stay with him.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

I think I have filled my quota for buying clubs from him.. haha.

9 Iron Caddyshack04 is on a distinguished road
    So if I can get a guy to join Ottawa Golf then he will be able to play in the tournament? Let me know because I think I have a perfect guy in mind.
    Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Caddyshack04 View Post
    So if I can get a guy to join Ottawa Golf then he will be able to play in the tournament? Let me know because I think I have a perfect guy in mind.

Get him in here and we'll see where we're at.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    What tees are we playing? Just trying to do some planning for club selection.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    Looks like blue, probably..

White looks short.
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    We played from the blue tees last year

He's out, still need to find someone.
    Cheers,

Bouche
    this is turning from bad to ugly....we leave friday and we still dont have a full team.

Geoff, who will be our captain in belleville and who will I now be playing with?
    Sorry to hear that you cant come buddy, I would have loved to play with ya and kick some toronto **

Bouche
    The Team as of Right now...
    Ironmaster and Indio
    Lance LePage and Chris St. Michael
    Hoolio and Geronamo
    Paulio and Mattchew
    Pinshark and Gbower
    LobWedge and Jvincent
    Sakuraba and CaddyShack04
    Wilster and Habsfan
    Bouche

Alright boys, it's crunch time. I need someone to step up big time. I need at least one guy who would be willing to forego the team competition and play two TGN guys on Sat in two single matches. I will need the same thing for Sunday, but it doesn't have to be the same guy. Any volunteers? The only bad thing about this is that you won't get to have a fellow OGer by your side, you'll be out on the course with the TGN guys only.

If not, the OG team can still go to Belleville and play, but will have to forfeit the trophy.

Please PM ME on this, don't post in the thread. Thanks.

I have to once again apologize for making this so complicated and putting a damper on the event. Not a very good show of leadership on my part. I'm really sorry guys for putting you in this position.

As well, I'll need to meet up with someone on Thurs to drop off the trophy and rules and scoring sheets. Any takers?

A big thanks to Bouche (Matt) for offering to step up and have two days of single matches. I know missing out on the team format really sucks, but I truly appreciate this Matt. It allows the event to still go on with an actual purpose.

I spoke with the TGN captain yesterday, and although I asked, I still found it not fair to ask him to cut two of his guys due to my inabililty to field a complete team.

I hope you guys can go out there and win a second title. You have no idea how much I'm going to miss being there. I almost feel physically sick when I type about the event. To put this much effort into it (you have no idea what I went through to even field 17 players) and not be able to play. One of the most truly disappointing things ever.
    Last edited by Big Johnny69; 05-20-2008 at 09:31 AM.

Thanks Matt...The team owes you a beer or two.. or three
    My sympathy Geoff.. I know you really wanted to come. Indio will send you updates I'm sure.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Thanks Matt, can't wait to get down there. Anyone have room to take me down Friday afternoon/night or Saturday morning??
    Cheers,

Lance and I should be finished our match 10&9 so we'll have time to spare and can fill in.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris St. Michael View Post
    Lance and I should be finished our match 10&9 so we'll have time to spare and can fill in.
    You mean 10 & 8, right?
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Make sure you clarify the rules about two against one, such as does the single get two drives when he plays alternate shot, pick one and play in from there and the same with best ball, actually he should play two balls all through the hole for the best ball nine holes. I guess it would be his index against the average of the other competitors two indexes. Whatever you decide should be made known before we start. I had to laugh when I saw that someone was going to play against two cause I was going to offer the same thing this morning when I heard we needed somebody at this late hour. I play against the other 3 A flight players in my foursome lots of times but it's best ball with no strokes involved.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213 View Post
    Make sure you clarify the rules about two against one, such as does the single get two drives when he plays alternate shot, pick one and play in from there and the same with best ball, actually he should play two balls all through the hole for the best ball nine holes. I guess it would be his index against the average of the other competitors two indexes. Whatever you decide should be made known before we start. I had to laugh when I saw that someone was going to play against two cause I was going to offer the same thing this morning when I heard we needed somebody at this late hour. I play against the other 3 A flight players in my foursome lots of times but it's best ball with no strokes involved.
    There's nothing in the rules that says he gets to play more than one ball. He should also be playing to his full cap against their adjusted cap when they play as partners. (that is based on common sense and equity, there's nothing in the handicap manual that covers 1-vs-2 scenarios)

Habitual poster OutOfTheRough is on a distinguished road OutOfTheRough's Avatar
    I have been following this thread for a while now, and I would have loved to join you guys for this event! Good luck guys and I'll try to get in on this next year!

Thread Information