100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar

best basketball picture ever?

what do you think??
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    that's wicked!!!

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    HE DIDN'T EVEN DUNK IT! How do you get a perfect score when you THROW the ball into the net. Howard definitely didn't deserve the win.

Gotta Post 3Jack is on a distinguished road 3Jack's Avatar
    Regardless of whether or not you feel it qualified as a dunk, at the end of the day entertainment value was all that mattered. Everyone was far more entertained by Howard's performance over anyone else in the 'competition'.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    Howard won by a mile. Green's only good dunk was the bday one which kicked ass. Moon's first dunk was also awesome!!!!
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    This one was pretty good too.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    JonF how can you possibly say he didn't deserve the win? That doesn't make any sense to me at all. So what if he didn't touch rim on that dunk it was still a spectacular show of athleticism and creativity. His other dunks were also far superior to the other competitors. Green did dunks that we've seen everyone else do, 0 creativity...ooh he took his shoes off!! That was awful!!

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    JonF how can you possibly say he didn't deserve the win? That doesn't make any sense to me at all. So what if he didn't touch rim on that dunk it was still a spectacular show of athleticism and creativity. His other dunks were also far superior to the other competitors. Green did dunks that we've seen everyone else do, 0 creativity...ooh he took his shoes off!! That was awful!!
    Alright. Howard definitely won the final round. He did kill it. I'll concede that

BUT, I still think the 50 on the Superman dunk was crap. The Superman thing was a neat idea, but it needed to be accompanied by, oh, I don't know...a dunk? That would have been incredible if he'd actually pulled off a near foul-line dunk, but he didn't. To say it was a spectacular show of athleticism when he didn't actually jump far enough to dunk it kind of baffles me . If he hadn't had a superman cape on, he would have got a 30 at best.

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    Alright. Howard definitely won the final round. He did kill it. I'll concede that

BUT, I still think the 50 on the Superman dunk was crap. The Superman thing was a neat idea, but it needed to be accompanied by, oh, I don't know...a dunk? That would have been incredible if he'd actually pulled off a near foul-line dunk, but he didn't. To say it was a spectacular show of athleticism when he didn't actually jump far enough to dunk it kind of baffles me . If he hadn't had a superman cape on, he would have got a 30 at best.
    moon did almost the exact same dunk...i think a little further back...minus the cape and did not get a perfect score.

but moon said he was going to take off from behind the line.. AND DIDN'T LOL. what a loser. and what was with green taking his shoes off to dunk?? I'm going to take my shoes off when I put from now on
    willy

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Please, save us from that indignity.

Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    ... I'm going to take my shoes off when I put from now on
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    but moon said he was going to take off from behind the line.. AND DIDN'T LOL. what a loser. and what was with green taking his shoes off to dunk?? I'm going to take my shoes off when I put from now on
    Moon's mistake was indeed to mark his take off spot, but at least he was trying to create some excitement. A loser? That's a bit harsh, but at least you're right that he didn't win.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wfL9Ew3b0uE

guess this was maded just to create hype but I think it was a scam to get people to tune in
    willy

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    I love this pic.. Had the poster when I was a kid..

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/220...45260096vAxyfh
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    Cute idea with the cape!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance LePage View Post

You beat me to it. Michael Jordan has done it more than once from the foul line so I don't know how this dunk qualifies as "creative" and "original" .

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Watch the dunk and try to explain to me how it's different than MJ's foul line or any of the other foul line dunks we've seen. First of all the Superman wasn't a foul line dunk it was just a dunk that was yes Creative and Original, i'd like to hear you argue that it wasn't and make some valid points.

The dunk contest isn't just about dunks anymore as we've basically seen everything that has to be offered other than flips and guys lighting themselves on fire. He brought something new and fun to the table and it got the crowd pumped. Nuf Said.

Watch the dunk and try to explain to me how it's different than MJ's foul line or any of the other foul line dunks we've seen. First of all the Superman wasn't a foul line dunk it was just a dunk that was yes Creative and Original, i'd like to hear you argue that it wasn't and make some valid points.

The dunk contest isn't just about dunks anymore as we've basically seen everything that has to be offered other than flips and guys lighting themselves on fire. He brought something new and fun to the table and it got the crowd pumped. Nuf Said.
    The MAJOR difference is he DIDN'T dunk it! LOL!

It was also more comical than anything. Considering everyone who was shown on TV was laughing, but dunk-wise I don't think anyone can say that deserves a perfect score. Entertainment value, it was good, but dunk value, it was sub-par at best.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    imo what Howard did in the 'supe cape was a dunk & a nice one at that. Grabbing onto the rim after you flush the ball is often a crutch to catch your balance, & some players use it to pull themselves up just a little.

I was also impressed with the dunk howard did from behind the backboard.

best basketball pic of all time was the michael jordan "soaring" poster.
    Andrew

It was creative, in that he managed to get 50 points for a dunk that would not normally have even counted as a dunk. Because he didn't dunk it. In years past, that wouldn't have been counted and he would have had to redo it. But everyone got so pumped for it that they just let it go.

And no, the dunk itself was not creative. The costume was creative. But he didn't follow it up with a creative dunk...or any dunk. Nuf Said.

The dunk was precisely creative because he tried it from so far away from the rim when he released it, causing many to say its not a dunk. but it conforms with Wiki's defenition of "slam dunk"
    Andrew

Ya, but that's probably been frantically edited since saturday evening.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    That dunk was EXACTLY like Alexander Ovechkin winning the breakaway competition without actually putting the puck in the net. It's a DUNKING contest, not a creativity contest.

If things keep going at this rate the winner of the 2016 slamdunk contest is going to be some 5'1" white dude with horned rimmed glasses and a pocket protector. All because he wrote some sort of creative poem that he recited while riding a unicycle through a cage filled with hungry lions with a steak tied around his neck..................

from wiki....

A slam dunk (or simply a dunk) is a type of basketball shot that is performed when a player jumps in the air and manually powers the ball downward through the basket with one or both of his hands.[citation needed] This is a standard field goal worth two points.
    Andrew

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    I can't wait for the ice to thawed from the drive way and impress my kids with the Superman dunk on the 7 foot high hoop on the garage

I can't believe that there are this many posts about an exhibition contest, and that I have now contributed three posts.
    www.chapeaunoirgolf.com

I've been a huge fan of the slam dunk contest for as long as I can remember. I even was a contestant in a slam dunk contest in the montreal forum in 1990 at the half-time of a harlem globetrotters game. No I didn't win, I wonder how I'd have done if I had tried the superman?...

Its a great event that vaulted the popularity of the All Star game, basically exploded the popularity of nike basketball shoes, and entertainment? Look on you tube for the Spud Webb dunks, or the Dominique vs Jordan wars... just great fun to watch.
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    That dunk was EXACTLY like Alexander Ovechkin winning the breakaway competition without actually putting the puck in the net. It's a DUNKING contest, not a creativity contest.

If things keep going at this rate the winner of the 2016 slamdunk contest is going to be some 5'1" white dude with horned rimmed glasses and a pocket protector. All because he wrote some sort of creative poem that he recited while riding a unicycle through a cage filled with hungry lions with a steak tied around his neck..................
    Very well said as always.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance LePage View Post

i was gonna say the pic of Jordan from the side that showed about his shoulder above the rim when he was only about halfway to the basket.

Thread Information