+ Reply to Thread
    Uber Poster LBH is on a distinguished road LBH's Avatar

New GolfTown in Gatineau

A new GolfTown will be opening in Gatineau within the next 12 months...

Location not mentioned... (I hope it's not too close to my house!!!)

The press release from the GolfTown website:
    http://www.golftown.com/publicRelati...1-21-2008.aspx

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    I am surprised GT feels they need another store in this region. I have been into the east end store a handfull of times now (including boxing day) and the place is empty. Not sure if it is just the times when I have gone or just the time of year, but I don't see alot of sales coming out of that location, so another one is surprising.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I think in the spring it will pick up---I can't believe how many people I have talked to---don't know where "train-yards" is! Neat name but...?
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Competitor Golfer_Gofer is on a distinguished road Golfer_Gofer's Avatar
    ya... train yards is a little hard to find... nobody is ever in the walmart either... its the only malmart i've been to on a saturday afternoon and not had a long line.

it'll pick up when people find it
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    The proposed new location will be in the parking lot of the newest Gatineau Wal Mart. Its 10 minutes from Downtown Ottawa at the La Gappe exit on the 50. Its only five minutes from my house and I will have to drive by it every night on the way home. It will be difficult not making a detour on the way by. I can see it now, I walk in and the staff look in my direction and yell "Luc". If they served beer I would likley never leave and officially change my wife's name to Vera.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Luc.---are you watching Cornation Street?

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    The proposed new location will be in the parking lot of the newest Gatineau Wal Mart. Its 10 minutes from Downtown Ottawa at the La Gappe exit on the 50. Its only five minutes from my house and I will have to drive by it every night on the way home. It will be difficult not making a detour on the way by. I can see it now, I walk in and the staff look in my direction and yell "Luc". If they served beer I would likley never leave and officially change my wife's name to Vera.

Well my brother in law is the owner of a big commercial construction company and told me they were building a Nevada bob where the new Walmart is in Gatineau. They built the one in Orleans and the Sports Experts, Inter-sport and all the other companies owned by the same major group from TO in think. Unless the company was rejected for the lease, Golftown at that location is new news. I’ll check tonight.

Mike
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Forzani Group

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

No

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Luc.---are you watching Cornation Street?
    Not a fan of that, more like "Cheers"
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

You are probably right MBerubé but seeing that this is the newest location for the Wal Mart and the fact that they hitched on at the Train yards location I figured that is where they had to be going.
    Lefty Lucas

My bad Luc. I thought you confirmed the location. It might be true and Forzani dropped out of the race. I’ll try to confirm tonight.

Maybe Golftown knows that N-Bob is building a store in Gatineau and decided to compete?

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I am like Lefty Luc, I will have to change my name to Cliff, as I will see it almost every morning and night... Save me a bar stool Luc....

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf View Post
    I am like Lefty Luc, I will have to change my name to Cliff, as I will see it almost every morning and night... Save me a bar stool Luc....
    You could provide them with their initial stock of left handed drivers!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    That is true I could supply them with LH stock and in return I could get a GT discount on all my purchases for life, maybe I'll get the wife to put flyers on car windshields in the parking lot directing them to LH Driver sale at her house....

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Yeah...another spot that we can spend our lifes savings on.Not sure if we can make this a go as far as a major golf store.It would be nice but,most people on this side of the river have never had a good golf shop.Maybe its time.

Maybe I missed something; was there not some talk about the Foranzi group buying Nevada Bob's or Golftown?

Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf View Post
    Consider it done, hey Ive got 3 drivers myself but I am not in your league, I mean when you have to buy a new house because the spare room is filled with bags of golf equipment, that's a problem, I think, isn't it????
    Lefty Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Maybe I missed something; was there not some talk about the Foranzi group buying Nevada Bob's or Golftown?
    Forzani owns sport experts, Hockey expert, sports check, Inter Sports and the list goes on.

Nevada bob is one that does not appear on their web site.

Mike

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Didn't some pension fund purchase Golftown last year...

I am going to call the number on the sign in the lot for space and ask if GT or NB are going to be tenants there.
    Lefty Lucas

Hey Luc, Is that a bad sign..when I have to get a bigger house to hold my golf equipment...

Thread Information