CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber View Post
    I loved my 905T with the accra T60 but the new 905R is just a few yards longs and with the Accra SE70* it has great dispersion. I still think the shaft makes the most difference as the quality and technology in the heads are pretty much the same in the good OEM's and component heads.
    so very true.. Had the Fuji fit on red in my Hibore Xl and lost prob 20-30 yards from my 905T....put in the VS proto and I bomb this thing! longest club I have hit.

3 Wood Rocket Man is on a distinguished road Rocket Man's Avatar
    I love my TM R7 Superquad TP First Edition.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I would have to say my Burner TP or my TM R7 425TP.

mpare, I have a Titleist 975D driver for sale, you would be able to somewhat relive the past...I say somewhat, as the club is LH... althought this might help with the curving of the golfball....

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I guess we can close this thread as Bogeygolfer has tried every single driver out there, twice. I have to agree though, he hits the Burner very very well. I also agree that the TM425 is very good for me. I went back to it this year, I noticed GT have 2 of the best drivers ever made on sale, The Cleveland Launcher for $100 (excellent upfraded shafts online) and the TM425 for under $200, those are very good deals.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

3 Wood Turd Ferguson is on a distinguished road
    Believe it or no, I had a Titleist lfe/NV stiff that was my favorite.
    Turd

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    With that handle you must be a Saturday Night Live fan, or your parents were really in a bad mood when they named you.

Quote Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
    Believe it or no, I had a Titleist lfe/NV stiff that was my favorite.
    Turd
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

3 Wood Turd Ferguson is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    With that handle you must be a Saturday Night Live fan, or your parents were really in a bad mood when they named you.
    ...a litle bit of both...and my dad used to drink quite a bit!
    Turd

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    Why do you want to curve the ball? The shortest distance between two points is a STRAIGHT line.

But sometimes a dogleg gets in the way of that straight line, so curving is the way to go.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    my 905r with the v2 is a hoolio-destroyer. best driver I've ever had. Johnston: you've demoed the odd golf club over the years, no opinion? list too long?
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    my 905r with the v2 is a hoolio-destroyer. best driver I've ever had. Johnston: you've demoed the odd golf club over the years, no opinion? list too long?

A little bit of A, a little bit of B.

But probably the best driver I ever used was a TM R5 Tour Issued TP with Graman Limey UL540. Thing was long and straight. I believe forum member SoloIIGuy is now reaping the benefits of this club.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Monday Qualifier Fallys0820 is on a distinguished road
    Easily for me, my Cally FT-3 Tour Neutral 9.5* Aldila NV65 stiff is the best driver I've ever owned...2nd driver I've ever owned lol.

I've tried to find other drivers at the GT sims and I just can't hit anything as hard and decently straight as this thing. I have a feeling it is going to be hard for me to get away from this driver.

Fally
    aka Scott
    Twitter: @Scott_Fally
    "The finest people in the world...are golfers." -- Ben Hogan

Nationwide Player Section Thirty One is on a distinguished road Section Thirty One's Avatar
    For me, it was the original Cleveland Launcher 460 with Aldila NV65-S. I hit bomb after bomb with that thing, but noooooo, I had to mess with it and put a new shaft in there. It was never the same, and I sold it shortly after.

Lately, the 905R has been good to me when it's been on, but I have a good feeling about my new Cobra Speed Pro S with VS Proto.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    A little bit of A, a little bit of B.

But probably the best driver I ever used was a TM R5 Tour Issued TP with Graman Limey UL540. Thing was long and straight. I believe forum member SoloIIGuy is now reaping the benefits of this club.
    just for you buddy, i think i have my 9.5* R5 TP Tour Issue sitting in my car in Hamilton. Let me know if you want it, i can have my girlfriend mail it out to you.

As for me, i still think the best driver i have hit well is the good old TM R580! I used to rock that thing, but it could also be that i was a much better golfer at the time!!

Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    just for you buddy, i think i have my 9.5* R5 TP Tour Issue sitting in my car in Hamilton. Let me know if you want it, i can have my girlfriend mail it out to you.

IAs for me, i still think the best driver i have hit well is the good old TM R580! I used to rock that thing, but it could also be that i was a much better golfer at the time!!

Thanks for the offer buddy, but that TM driver would look real ugly in my Titleist bag.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    Thanks for the offer buddy, but that TM driver would look real ugly in my Titleist bag.
    I dare to say that the Titleist bag would look real ugly surrounding your TM driver!

Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    I dare to say that the Titleist bag would look real ugly surrounding your TM driver!

You could look at it that way, but I prefer my view.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    I haven't tried them all but the best driver hands down for me was a yonex adx 300, It was a beast but I cracked it open like an egg with the club head speed I had back then (around 128). I had it replaced but they told me no more replacements if I break another one so I stopped using it. I would have kept using it during rounds only but I broke 8 pinemeadow acer series of the same composite so I didn't want to take a chance with a 300 dollar club back then.

128 ... Frank, you were an animal.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213 View Post
    I haven't tried them all but the best driver hands down for me was a yonex adx 300, It was a beast but I cracked it open like an egg with the club head speed I had back then (around 128). I had it replaced but they told me no more replacements if I break another one so I stopped using it. I would have kept using it during rounds only but I broke 8 pinemeadow acer series of the same composite so I didn't want to take a chance with a 300 dollar club back then.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

It just struck me that in our search for the best club, each of us has, at some point, abandoned the club that was perfect for us. No wonder they call golf a head game.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    128 ... Frank, you were an animal.
    ....ya and I'd still be 10 yards behind Mattchew

Thread Information