+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar

Best Driver you've used.

What is the best driver you've ever used? I'm currently struggling to hit straight drives with distance. I've regretted selling my original R7 Quad since the day I said goodbye to it. I was consistently straight with it at about 230-250 yards. Now I may hit 250-270 with the newer drivers but it's rarely down the middle. I'm going to try a bunch of new ones this spring and I'm looking for some opinions.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Prob. the R5 i am using now.Taylor made drivers are pretty easy to hit and i have tried my share of them.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    FYI, there is an R7 Quad head for sale on this board.

I have had great success with TM heads, in particular the R7 460 and 580XD. Did not like the R5TP and R7425TP. I have a 905R that I am dying to try oup as well.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Shotmaker acadian is on a distinguished road acadian's Avatar

i've tried many

I've hit almost everything out there , and for me , my most accurate driver i've hit was probably a bridgestone J33R with a graphite design PM702X shaft ,i actually still have the driver sitting around the house ,,,
    but for lenght ,, there's nothing that i hit that was longer then my SMT 455 deep bore 7* ,,,man was that thing ever long ,, i hit a driver at #11 at the maitre that had to be 360+,cause i only had a 60 to 70 yard second shot ,, that was a bomb ,
    But the Ping G2 is pretty darn long too , just have to watch out for those snap hooks with it ,,, hit some long ones at my intersectional with Dan in my group , plus i hit my longest ever with that G2 in toronto last year at station creek i put it on the fringe on #3 with my driver,of course with a big wind in my back and the ball must of rolled 40 to 50 yards ,, ,
    From the blues at Eagle Creek , on #18 , i only had 185 yards on my second shot hitting a 6 iron just short of the fringe,,so the G2 and 455 deep bore are the longest i've ever hit ,, and the Bridgestone the most accurate
    But i don't play either of those now ,heheh pretty funny

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Probably either my Orlimar HipTi 420 or my 905R. The Orly was the longest, the 905R was the straightest and I never should have sold it. I have high hopes for my Sumo once I get my swing straightened out.

Jeffc...would you go backwards? LOL. I've thought about it but just can't bring myself to do it.....yet.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I still have the 460. and I have thought about going back to the 580XD...the good news is those drivers cost about 20-25% now as to what I paid for them!
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I'd have to say my Wishon 525 with the Saber 75 shaft that's currently in it.

I've tried lots of different shafts in over the last couple of years after initially having a Saber in a different head and never got the same results. So, I put Saber's in both my drivers last year.

Unless I get a case of the stupids, I won't be changing them out.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    #1. Callaway Warbird (original) with M-10 Uniflex Steel.
    #2. 975D with Harrison Boron Tour.
    #3. Tommy Armour 845 Forged Persimmon with Grafalloy Prolite Elite.

It's been 3 years since I used the most recent one (#3), and I've been searching for the next one ever since.

Funny thing Jeff. I tried a 580XD once against my $129 Armour, because I thought it might be an improvement. I hit 2 tee shots on the same hole, first with mine, and then wth the TM. We stepped off 296 yards, and both balls were less than a foot apart. I said to the guy, "I think I'll stick with mine."
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    I recently got sent a TaylorMade Burner driver to review and was pretty impressed although it was in the Golf-O-Max sim, it's pretty forgiving and long and can't wait to try on the course although with all the snow it might not be til June.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Wishon 919, 7.5* HP
    Accuflex VS 339

Former backup - SMT 455 Deep Bore

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    905R is the best driver I have owned for me..
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Unquestionably the Taylor Made R510TP... although the Orlimar HipTi 420 is pretty darn close.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    My Wishon 919 THI 9 degree is currently the best club in my bag. Today I hit 12 of 14 fairways with the drives pretty consistently at 240 to 250 yds and very little roll due to a lot of rain last night.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Hey, stop complaining about lack of roll when we're shovelling.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Amateur Brianson is on a distinguished road Brianson's Avatar
    Gotta chime in on this...

Easily my Mizuno MP-001 460.

Sits square to open, looks like a 460cc should look. Sounds and feels great. So why do I always try to find the club to beat it out of the bag?

Its the sickness ...

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    I loved my 905T with the accra T60 but the new 905R is just a few yards longs and with the Accra SE70* it has great dispersion. I still think the shaft makes the most difference as the quality and technology in the heads are pretty much the same in the good OEM's and component heads.

Driver bazooka Don is on a distinguished road
    Distance wise my Bazooka 320j was the longest for me. It probably helped that it came with a 46.5 inch shaft. But I just couldn't tame it.

Eagle dhacker1956 is on a distinguished road

My Ashton

Hands down my Ashton X1 8.5* with a UST v2 7070 Regular 44.75" Great feel, straight, and OHHH so long!!!!

5 Wood parbreaker04 is on a distinguished road
    My Cleveland Hi Bore Tour 10.5, I cant miss it left no matter how hard I swing, I love the Fujikura red stock shaft , it fits me to a tee.
    parbreaker

Wow, that's a lot of replies. Thanks. I'm glad to see the Burner TP and 905R are getting some votes as I've purchased both. Anyone have thoughts on the FT-3 Tour? I think there's only one Callaway mentioned so far. Are they too hard to hit? Keep it coming.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    adams rpm 430q

hotter face than any TM driver I ever used!
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    Haven't hit too many high end drivers, but I have a TM R7 425 that is consistently straight and longer than any I have used(wouldn't even think of giving it up)
    Never dreamt I would ever get so hooked on this game!!

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    Titleist 975 D. It was a wonderul club with which to work the ball. On that score, it was much better than the newer technology. However, with the new ball designs making it more and more difficult to curve the ball, it really had become somewhat dated.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Wannamaker brucestats is on a distinguished road brucestats's Avatar

yonex nanospeed

I have enjoyed this driver for 2 years. For me one of the tests of a good driver is when you really need a solid drive, and this one always seems to deliver. Yonex seems to have pulled out of the North American market, they never learned that marketing is 90% of sales here. Too bad, since their technology is always cutting edge

They just came out with the nanospeed i driver, aerodynamic head, nano based shaft, and it won best new product in Munich last October over all the big guys. I may have to order from the US to get it.
    My paycheck goes to my dogs.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Titleist 975 D. It was a wonderul club with which to work the ball. On that score, it was much better than the newer technology. However, with the new ball designs making it more and more difficult to curve the ball, it really had become somewhat dated.
    Why do you want to curve the ball? The shortest distance between two points is a STRAIGHT line.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    I do it, because it's fun. My dad used to ask me the same question. He never liked my answer either.

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    Why do you want to curve the ball? The shortest distance between two points is a STRAIGHT line.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Postaholic mcgoo is on a distinguished road
    TM Burner I used last week in Florida, clubface is slightly offset. I can now hit a draw regularly so no more lining up left of the fairway. Tested the new Sumo at a Manufacturers day in Florida. Pretty hard to to mis-hit with the 5800 MOI.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I have gone back to the TM 425 TP (Grafalloy Bimatrix Proto), I always hit this well and now I purchased another after selling the 460TP. I also have the Cleveland Launcher Ti (UST V2) which I hit very well. The shafts are well suited for my swing which helps a lot. I am not a big hitter so I may as well try to hit as many fairways as possible so that I can get onthe green as often as possible so that I can three putt!!!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

5 Iron Seak69 is on a distinguished road Seak69's Avatar
    For me its hands down my FT-3 draw with a NV-65.

Thread Information