100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread
Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 42 82 88 89 90 91 92
Results 2,731 to 2,756 of 2756
    Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    I have had clients try to put different turf tops on their Optishot and P3ProSwing units.

With the Optihsot the feedback has been limited, but if you do find a turf, try using PL200 construction adhesive to attach the velcro to the bottom of the turf - it will hold on better

With the P3Pro, the problem is that without the proper mounting, the turf just shreds. CDG came up with a good idea - they mounted the turf to a plex-glass-like surface and then attached that surface to the top of the P3Pro.

Any after-market products attached to the sensor pads voids the warranty, so be careful!!!

Let us know how you make out

Cheers,
    Cory

big hitter
    Thanks, Cory. I forgot about the warranty thing. I will definately wait the 180 days before I try anything. Thank you everybody for your help. Getting my DD this week, can't wait

Cool - be sure to show us pics and feedback on your system once it is all setup!

big hitter
    It will be a while before I can show any pics. We are in the process of selling our house. We are looking to buy a house with a basement so that I can make my own set up. You all have definately inspired me. Thank you. For now I will be playing in my living room and garage (which only has an 8 1/2 foot ceiling, kind of risky) via my laptop.

Gotcha - well at least you can practice your short game - always a good thing

big hitter
    You got that right. The short game can always use practice

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    Just bit the bullet and got one of these for winter instead of a OAC membership. Hope you guys are right!

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Which sim did you get HoganWoods? What is OAC?

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    OAC = Ottawa Athletic Center. It's an indoor school and practice facility here.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Gotcha!

I got the DD Optishot. Played with it a bit last night and saw some good/iffy results. You know it starts off badly when you hurry the Sim setup because you want to hit a shot and then smash a light fixture above you on the very first swing, lol. Lucky for me my wife was in a good mood.

I was continously hooking the ball without exception at the start, but then I inputed my club data and the shots got much better. One thing though.. I've got TM Burner 09s which have big offsets. The software won't let me put more than a "1" offset and all of my clubs have 2+. Is there a way around this?

7 Iron readygolf is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by HoganWoods View Post
    I got the DD Optishot. Played with it a bit last night and saw some good/iffy results. You know it starts off badly when you hurry the Sim setup because you want to hit a shot and then smash a light fixture above you on the very first swing, lol. Lucky for me my wife was in a good mood.

I was continously hooking the ball without exception at the start, but then I inputed my club data and the shots got much better. One thing though.. I've got TM Burner 09s which have big offsets. The software won't let me put more than a "1" offset and all of my clubs have 2+. Is there a way around this?

Keep in mind that the DD is the price it is because it has MANY limitations. If you are very particular when it comes to accuracy and offerings like I am, you many find the P3 a better choice.

Keep in mind that if you cant return it, P3 will take it in on trade for $400 credit toward a P3. Just keep that in mind if you feel all hope is lost.

I haven't ruled it out.. like I said it worked much better after I setup my clubs. I'm just wondering if not putting the actual proper offset of my clubs is going to be an issue. (I only tested for 30 mins last night)

The P3 sounds nice but its out of my budget.

What pricepoint youy can afford is really the issue. If people could afford a 10,000 dollar sim I would not suggest the dd or the p3pro, but something like the pro7 or GC2. The dd is good for what its worth. I can tell you with 100% confidence that the p3pro is more accurate but at a higher pricepoint. I will also say that the Pro7 and GC2 are more accurate but again at a higher pricepoint. All comes down to what you can afford and as Cory says what you want out of the system.

big hitter
    Just got my DD yesterday. After setting it up, I now realize that I have to get a new computer I can hit on the driving range without a problem but when I go to play a round on an actual course, the screen goes fuzzy as soon as I hit the ball. I am using a Dell Latitude D610. Anybody know where I can get a decent laptop for a low price I don't think my wife is going to be happy that I have to spend another $500 for the computer. Looks like it might be a while before I get to use my DD to its fullest potential. I guess hitting on the driving range will work for now. I have yet to make all of my club adjustments. I was too excited to play . This thing is pretty cool. I love the driving range so far. Most of my shots have been traveling left to right slightly. My normal shot is a slight right to left. I am sure after I tweak my clubset, everything will be more like my normal shot.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    It is very cool and for only the price of the grass top for p3pro!

Quote Originally Posted by big hitter View Post
    Just got my DD yesterday. After setting it up, I now realize that I have to get a new computer I can hit on the driving range without a problem but when I go to play a round on an actual course, the screen goes fuzzy as soon as I hit the ball. I am using a Dell Latitude D610. Anybody know where I can get a decent laptop for a low price I don't think my wife is going to be happy that I have to spend another $500 for the computer. Looks like it might be a while before I get to use my DD to its fullest potential. I guess hitting on the driving range will work for now. I have yet to make all of my club adjustments. I was too excited to play . This thing is pretty cool. I love the driving range so far. Most of my shots have been traveling left to right slightly. My normal shot is a slight right to left. I am sure after I tweak my clubset, everything will be more like my normal shot.
    I haven't tested it too much yet, but I'm also using a DELL laptop and have no issues. It's 2 years old or so. If you are going to buy something new don't buy a a laptop, get a desktop and plug it into a TV or something. It will be much cheaper.

How high are your ceilings? I'm afraid to swing driver in the house, i've been sticking to irons.

7 Iron readygolf is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by psace View Post
    It is very cool and for only the price of the grass top for p3pro!

The price for a P3 Grass Top is $200 when you buy a P3. I though DD was $400 - $500?

Gap Wedge disco2424 is on a distinguished road
    Just received my DD and took it out to the studio. Using it with my laptop for now as I'm still searching for the right projector and Impact screen. I wanted to thank everybody here who contributes to this forum as I was looking around the internet for information on Sim's and stumbled across this.

This all started with me fine with using my laptop and hitting into a net but after readidng and looking at some of the setups people have done I'm hooked. I had a chance to play with the DD yesterday (only had a spare driver and SW at home) I noticed I was hooking a lot but this could of been my swing totally as I tend to really come inside when I'm swinging indoors (know idea why )

Again thanks to everybody.

A lot of the swing errors with any sim are related to improper sim setup. Make sure your sensor pad is perfectly lined up with a target of some sort. An impact screen with a projector for full simulation is the best bet. Try calling Cory at Par2Pro for impact screens etc. I would start with the irons for the dd as they are more consistant than the woods. Good luck and enjoy.

Gap Wedge disco2424 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    A lot of the swing errors with any sim are related to improper sim setup. Make sure your sensor pad is perfectly lined up with a target of some sort. An impact screen with a projector for full simulation is the best bet. Try calling Cory at Par2Pro for impact screens etc. I would start with the irons for the dd as they are more consistant than the woods. Good luck and enjoy.
    Thanks Bubba, I do have a few questions on impact screens and from what I've read Cory is the one to talk to. I can't wait to try out my full set of clubs. I had to bring them home for the weekend from storage at the course.

The dd is good as long as you know its limitations. It is certainly fun. Just make sure you properly secure the sensor mat and really get it lined up to your target. You can modify the offsets etc depending on your club. Enjoy!!

Hey Big Hitter,

Sorry to hear that your existing one won't work. Just a couple of quick notes on the computer for the DD:

1. Laptops with good video cards are hard to come by and are pretty expensive. So if you can get away with it, it is better to go with a desktop and monitor - not only are they cheaper, but much easier to upgrade if needed

2. I just got a used desktop tower pc that runs the DD great - I picked it up form Kijiji for $200. This may be a good option for you to keep your wife happy (and we ALL want to do that LOL).

3. One of the keys to finding the right computer for the DD is to make sure the video card is right. To find a used computer (it is quite a jungle out there), I went to DD's supported video cards page (http://support.dancindogg.com/supportedcards), picked my OS (I love XP over the new OS's), copied one of the better cards' model number, pasted it into kijiji's search bar and VOILA!

I hope that helps and that you can score a few brownie points by saving some bucks!

Maybe just to be on the safe side, a $20 bouquet of flowers can be equivalent to a $200 computer

Keep your eye on the ball,
    Cory

Hey Guys,

Great comments I'm falling behind a bit, as I took off part of my finger cutting the foam flooring for the new sim in the living room - has really hindered my typing, so glad to see you got it covered so well!

Putter twhite4031 is on a distinguished road
    Hey, been reading the last 94 pages of post, great info here. I am looking at a number of different sim options and was wondering if anyone here has spent anytime on the ST-1 and if they could share their experiences, thoughts and opinions, besides Cory I mean, who gave a excellent review, just looking for the opinions of anyone else who has personally used the ST-1. I know it is supposed to be a good sim (understanding it still has its limits) but it seems to me that no one has purchased it, or even tried it, can't seem to find any user reviews anywhere. So any who has tried it, please share your thoughts. Thanks

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Closing this thread to encourage folks to start new threads for new questions or comments. It's too hard to find information when it's all mixed together in one "general" thread.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Thread Information