100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 92 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 ... LastLast
    3 Wood cvclub is on a distinguished road
    They have a modest setup in TC.......office, lab, and warehouse. I met Morgan and Brandon (CEO).....both great people and very friendly. It sounds like the next release may be out this month......black mountain with more options for wind speed,green speed.....not sure if there will be other goodies!

It sounds like they are definitely putting their energy into the 3DD product so that over time it will be the entire packgage......I get the feeling that they are poised for growth and development.....I am looking forward to their success!

Eagle TA 845 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by cvclub View Post
    I am looking forward to their success!

We all are! It's in our best interest I'm glad to see the the "legal" issue has not deterred them from continuing to develop the product.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Totally agree. Looks like they are going to be available at Golf Town. They should make a big splash with that.

Well if you want to get into the mainstream golf market in Canada Golf Town is the way to go... I'm sure they will see a few units!

3 Wood cvclub is on a distinguished road
    Quick update on a few threads.......I spoke w/DD and the law suit is settled......new courses on on the way.....probably 2 soon and 3-4 more next year.....they will also incorporate the customization into 3DD so it will be more flexible, and accurate...( I mentioned in a earlier thread my disparity between the zone and 3dd)......they are also taking input for a 'possible' launch calc, and a 'possible' big break type activity......all in all it should be very cool!

Great!!

Sounds good. I wonder when the new courses are going to be available ? We should all really email and push for add on features such as launch angle or sensor to detect vertical angle. These would be excellent add ons. Sounds like Black Mountain will be one of the courses released. Will they have more than one course ? Customization within 3dd is a great idea.

Lob Wedge zzbigfishzz is on a distinguished road
    after reading all these threads, im totally pumped to get an optishot with a projector. I have a 9ft 3in ceiling and am 6ft3in. Not sure if ill hit the ceiling off of a 1 3/4" pad, but seems ok with practice swings.

Question: What is the time delay on the 3DD software after hitting the ball?

Is it immediate, slight delay, long delay?

I want to hit the ball and not have to wait to see it start flying on my projector. any help appreciated

Absolutely no delay. Just make sure you have a good dedicated graphics card. I use this thing every night and it is the best golf investment ever. My 7 yr old is shaping up to be a good player as we hit balls or play every night.

thanks for quick response. Ive been looking on You Tube and Google for any video of the software. For instance: what it looks like when you hit a ball at Torrey Pines.

I see videos of Cheryl Ladd, Regis, and John Daly on the Danza show using the P3prowsing, and there video of super expensive units. The only Dancin Dogg vids are minute long commercials using only still shots.

Why? it seems if the 3dd software were as good as everyone is saying that they would want it out there. Right?

Question 2: any chance plastic practice balls work? I know I can use the "Almost" ball, real balls or no balls with the Optishot, but I haven't heard anyone say anything about using plastic balls with the holes in them.
    Last edited by zzbigfishzz; 11-29-2009 at 03:17 AM.

I agree, there are not a lot of videos for the Dancin Dogg on the internet, not sure why? Have a look on Golf Town's website:
    http://www.golftown.com/gtcommerce/s...-P12166C0.aspx there is a video available, again a commercial but a quick view of Big Horn Canyon course... very quick!

You can use any ball, even none at all!

I agree. They really should have videos of people playing as well as live video of the actual screen. Would probably help the sales. Any ball can be used. i find the almost p3 to be the most realistic feeling yet won't kill someone or something in the case of a miss hit.

Bubba22 and TA845, you two are awesome. Both helpful and quick to respond.

TA, that video link on GolfTown was short, but its the only video of the 3dd software in action that i've seen. So thank you, that is kind of what I wanted to see. It looks as good as youve all described.

So this last weekend I purchased a 4ft x6ft(dont know meters, sorry) green artificial turf mat from Home Depot(US$11.89), plastic balls with holes(US$1.98) and a rubber mat tees(US$2.99) at Sportsmart. I hung an old(wife thinks its new) king sized top sheet in my garage from the ceiling and now hit irons into it from about 8 feet away. its sweet. lightweight balls hit sheet and drop directly down. very quiet..

Dec. 15th is my big day. Projector AND Dancin Dogg optishot will be purchased.

I. CANNOT. WAIT.

Im gonna spend the next two weeks pimping out my garage space into a first class golf simulator room. Ill post pics when its done.

Thanks again to all who have posted here with advice, tips and answers to questions about the DD opti..... and pushing me over the edge to go out and do this!

Congrats. your off to a very good start. You will not be dissappointed. Truly like playing golf all year. Sheet should work just fine with the balls you have. I have tried all the different balls and they are fine. I do like the almost p3 as already mentioned. I give all the credit to TA for starting the form and teaching me all he knows.

Thanks for the props bubba, I do what I can for my fellow golfers! I still have not played a round on the DD this year, I've been installing a hot tub & deck out back to relax in after my rounds...

Hot tub is perfect for relaxation after long day. Probably play more DD this winter when snow arrives and tub is done. Good luck with project.

Known entity psace is on a distinguished road
    You guys have done a great job. I just bought the optishot and am wondering if I can use newer versions of tiger woods such as the 2010 version with this simulator?

My understanding was they were not going to support Tiger Woods 09 & beyond, anyway, no need with the 3DD environment. It is much more realistic and way easier to use, the Tiger Woods game is pretty cheesy in comparison.

Not sure about Tiger Woods 2010. I agree 3DD is miles ahead and new courses will be soon available. Hopefully they continue adding courses and even upgrade hardware as we already mentioned. Are many people using Tiger Woods over 3DD? I personally never use TW.

Yes, TW 2008 does look cheezy but I thought having all the other courses would be a nice addition. I do have a couple of other questions, though. Does the optishot have a manual other than the start up one and what do you guys use for the hitting mat?

Check on the Dancin Dog website for information etc. Link:http://www.dancindogg.com/QuickStart...kStartENU.html

I made my own mat with locking floor mat and indoor outdoor fake carpet with a cut out for the simulator. Perfect height. Cheap, but looks and works perfect. See my pics in earlier threads.

Thanks Bubba. I was looking for info on setting up my clubs in preferences. I am having a tough time finding materials to make a mat. I could use a couple of mats from Sears with the turf on top or perhaps a plywood base with turf on top. Pictures are worth a thousand words as they say. It would be nice if others would post theirs. I must now get on with making my man cave!

For the mat I use interlocking mats doubled up with 2 sided tape to achieve the right height. The interlocking garage type mats are pretty cheap at Walmart etc. Enough for a 6 by 6 foot area. Over that you can buy some indoor outdoor green carpet at home depot for the top. You can set it with 2 sided tape. Then you can cut a hole to allow the DD unit to fit in to. Gives you good height and stability of the unit. Pretty cheap to make and it works and looks great.
    There is some info on the dd website on setting of the clubs. Previous input on this thread is also helpful. What if any specific questions are you asking?

Ah Bubba, you answered my question regarding setting the clubs. I see the club customization on the DD website. Thank you also for the details for making the hitting mat. I will check with Walmart. I am now waiting for my projector to arrive and things should start to fall into place.

It would be kinda neat if golfers could play against one another on-line as with some other simulators (for example, the wii)

No problem. Do make your own mat as it is too expensive to buy. Online playing would be neat. We should all suggest that to the dd crew.

Bubba, I have bought the interlocking tiles for the mat at a very good price and now will get the green carpet for the top. Did you get your net from big edge on ebay. I see they have a 7 x 9 for $39.00 plus $75 dollars shipping. Did you sew the cordura together? It looks like a seam in the middle in your pics and I see it comes in 5ft width on ebay. I was hoping to get the projector today but alas it didn't arrive so will have to use the old flatscreen for a few days. I used to play computer golf (Links) many years ago online and had a great time.

I hope it doesn't take too long for new courses to be available. It is frustrating to see them at Simway and not have access to them, especially Banff Springs.

The net I have is similair and the same price. The Cordura is sewn together with seam in middle that you can't notice. I think there are new courses coming before xmas. It would be great to access all of the Simway golf courses. We really should try to bribe them for the courses. Seems like you are well on your way. Post some pics when you are done.

7 Wood dvshx is on a distinguished road
    Bubba, how were you able to cut the interlocking mats to insert the DD unit?? What tools did you use? How firm does it hole it in place?

Thanks bud. This is my first post here.

Welcome to the forum dvshx!

A sharp utility knife usually works best, make sure when you cut out around the sensor unit that the opening is straight on to your hitting area, if it is off a few degrees it will almost always seem like you are pulling or pushing the ball.

Try to cut out as tight as possible to the unit so it doesn't move around, you will need to notch out a piece of the mat to allow the USB to sit flush, otherwise there will be a stress on the cable and it could possibly damage the connection.

An alignment line over your grass area will also help with your stance/alignment once everything is installed.

Let us know how your install goes!

Just as TA said a utility knife can be used to cut out the spot for the dd. Do make sure it fits well and have a cut out for the usb plug. A good fit will keep it from moving. I double up the mat to make the height perfect. Use double sided tape to secure it all together.

TA845

How do you make the alignment line? Do you mean parallel through the ball to the screen?

Thanks,

Ace

Thread Information