CorporateGolfXtra 2023
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 92 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
    Eagle TA 845 is on a distinguished road

Dancin Dogg Golf Simulator

I was wondering if anyone has tried the Dancin' Dogg golf simulator and could give me their opinion on this unit (www.dancindogg.com). I have been doing extensive research on affordable home golf simulators and I have narrowed my search down to 2:

Dancin' Dogg & the P3 Pro Swing Simulator (www.p3proswing.com) are both are similar in function, they have screen panels that shows swing speed, tempo, distance of ball, club face angle, swing path and yards off target. The P3 also shows ball speed and simulated images of clubface through impact which Dancin Dogg doesn't.

The Dancin' Dogg appears to have fewer sensors than the P3 but by the reviews I have read performs quite well. You hit off a rubber mat on the P3 and artificial grass on the Dancin' Dogg, it would seem to me the artificial grass would get the nod there!

Dancin' Dogg comes with Tiger Woods '07 (you can play rounds on the courses on the program) and is compatibile with '08. P3 is compatible with TW '07 but you must buy it seperately, not a big expense but an additional expense just the same.

The list price for equivalent simulators is $399 for the Dancin' Dogg and $999 for the P3.

I would appreciate any information anyone has on these units.

Thanks

3 Iron Strangebrew is on a distinguished road Strangebrew's Avatar
    Bump.
    I've been looking at the Dancin Dogg sim as well and I've found they sell on ebay(commonly go for about $250 +shipping). I don't want to purchase until I read some product reviews but definitely curious.

Putter greenice80 is on a distinguished road
    hi...i'm serching for a golf simulator and i find dancingdogg and electricspin...
    the second is cheaper but i found only one opinion of a guy saying he bought first and second edition and they both got broke in the first session...
    on dancindogg i found some positive and some negative but i don't understand some things, can someone please explain me if:
    it's possible to put ?
    where is the ball going if you don't buy the net (which costs as much as the dancingdogg itself) ? all over my house??
    you play with a false ball? i mean not a hard one but a soft one?

thanks if someone can explain me...

Quote Originally Posted by greenice80 View Post
    hi...i'm serching for a golf simulator and i find dancingdogg and electricspin...
    the second is cheaper but i found only one opinion of a guy saying he bought first and second edition and they both got broke in the first session...
    on dancindogg i found some positive and some negative but i don't understand some things, can someone please explain me if:
    it's possible to put ?
    where is the ball going if you don't buy the net (which costs as much as the dancingdogg itself) ? all over my house??
    you play with a false ball? i mean not a hard one but a soft one?

thanks if someone can explain me...
    greenice,

Yes you can putt (according to the Dancin Dogg site) the putter angle and speed will be read over the sensors.
    If you don't have a net and use a real ball, get ready for some home repairs! You need a net to hit into (Golftown or your local golf store sells smaller nets you can use to hit into for a lot less money.
    If you use a soft ball (foam) you won't get the feel off the clubface but the sensors will pick up the clubhead speed, angle etc... and give you the proper feedback. There is a setting in the software for foam balls, plastic balls and real ones. The clubhead speed will vary depending on the type of ball used and this setting will help calibrate for accuracy.

Hope this helps,

Ciao

Putter greenice80 is on a distinguished road
    thank you very much...

have you tried dancindogg or found some reviews about someone who use it??

Gap Wedge cordug is on a distinguished road cordug's Avatar
    Hi,

I bought one in the fall last year and played all winter with it. It is an awsome peace of kit. I bought it right from the Dancin Dog website. You will not be disappointed. The only thing it will not register properly if you top the ball everything else it is very accurate. The tiger woods game is fun but is not a simulator like the old Links LS game but it works really good, lots of fun. The range that comes with the Simulator is very accurate and you can hone in on your shot making...excellent for the winter months.

Well it's done, I purchased the Dancin Dogg (on e-bay) this past fall and began to work on my basement with the idea of installing a Sim Room. It finally opened today!

I have to say the Dancin Dogg is a great little piece of equipment, it appears to be very accurate in terms of club head speed vs distance and my habitual open face! The practice software it comes with is fun to work on shots, it works with Tiger Woods 07/08, I find it a bit cheesey but the kids enjoy it. There is a new software coming out for the Dancin Dogg that will provide a simulation of golf courses (Torrey Pines & Big Horn) more like the Golf-O-Max experience, but it has not yet hit the market, however, I found the company that is writing the simulation software and have downloaded the courses.

I need a new graphics card as the images are choppy and most of the background is missing! My next purchase... a faster computer with a good video card!

The screen is approx 7' wide x 6' high and made of a material that will resist full impact with a real ball. Yes I've tried a real ball and it works! My wife doesn't like the idea of using a real ball so I am using the Callaway low flight foam balls (I can't argue with her, she let me install the unit!!) I had to excavate a portion of the basement to allow for a full swing with a driver, that was the worst part, the concreting was a close second!

I found some artificial turf that I can install a real tee in, I will be installing a piece over the Dancin Dogg so I don't have to mess around with those stupid rubber tees.

Now I can warm-up for this coming season in the comfort of my basement! Here are a few pics...
    Attached Images

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    That is pretty damn cool.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Wow,I like that.I gonna have to lift the foundation up on blocks in order to get the clearance but hey what the heck.Nice set-up.Your daughter seems to be enjoying herself and what a swing.....

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    What a great set up. Curious> How did you manage the excavation and how far did you have to dig?
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Albatross Smoothie is on a distinguished road Smoothie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    What a great set up. Curious> How did you manage the excavation and how far did you have to dig?
    And what's the total height now in the hitting area.
    Also, how do you putt with your setup when playing Tiger Woods for example.

I had a concrete saw cutting company cut and remove the slab. I dug the rest by hand, I used 3-5-gal. paint buckets, filled them, lifted them through the window into a waiting wheelbarrow... lots of lifting! My club head speed has increased!

I dug down approx. 28" (from the finished floor level) to allow for installation of a granular base and reinstatement of concrete slab. I now have 9'-2" clear to swing, the builder did not want to lower the floor in the area, they proposed to increase the basement height by 12" but I still would have needed to excavate...less but excavation just the same!

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    And what's the total height now in the hitting area.
    Also, how do you putt with your setup when playing Tiger Woods for example.

9'-2" +/-

Putting is not great, the putter must pass over both sets of sensors similar to the rest of the clubs but figuring out the speed will take a bit of time. I have some artificial green grass that I will be installing to practice my putting, that's my next project!

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Are you booking tee times?
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Are you booking tee times?
    I owe my lovely bride big time, so no strangers for the time being!

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    O.M.G. I probably would never leave the basement. I can hear my sister now " I used to have a brother but I never see him anymore and for some reason there's a strange thud sound every 4 seconds or so coming from the cellar I may have to call an exterminator"

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213 View Post
    O.M.G. I probably would never leave the basement. I can hear my sister now " I used to have a brother but I never see him anymore and for some reason there's a strange thud sound every 4 seconds or so coming from the cellar I may have to call an exterminator"
    Funny you should mention the thud, my wife asked me to insulate the ceiling but at the time I just couldn't do any more... in hindsight I should have, haven't got to the late hour practice time yet... might have to nix the ball once she heads off to bed!

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    Thats really cool. I have a project next year that may involve something like this so great to see the dancing dogg is pretty good.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    I am so envious!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

3 Wood Skiddlydidly is on a distinguished road Skiddlydidly's Avatar
    Wow! Awesome setup!
    Sucking at golf is it's own reward.

Nice set up!

Very nice to see the pics. I have a really neat set up too. I have a hole area covered in turf and a 12 foot impact tarp that I project to. I had it now for almost 2 years and have not had one issue with it. I used left over floor tiles to surround the unit then used carpeting and turf so the unit is embedded in the floor (all flush). Works really good Also for the tees I went to Golftown and bought what is called winter tees. They are great for it, you just set them on the pad and you don't have to fart around with them. I will take some pictures of it and post soon. the whole set up was fairly inexpensive. I experinmented with different impact screens. I got it just right. I used a underfoam (like rubber) from Home depot and suspended it with bungy cords. Then I found a very good and big Table cloth from Winners on sale. It works perfect the projection from my overhead screen works great and the imapct is very quiet.

I didn't get the new courses yet where did you get them from?

Pictures

I forgot to mention, I found that a great ball to use, I can only find them in the states (Almost Golf) I tried the callaway but these feel allot better when you hit them.... Here are some pic...
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by cordug View Post
    I forgot to mention, I found that a great ball to use, I can only find them in the states (Almost Golf) I tried the callaway but these feel allot better when you hit them.... Here are some pic...
    Hey Cordug, great to see another setup. What clearance do you have from your floor to the underside of joists?

I guess you are a righty only household, I had to make a flexible set-up for left and right hitters, that was my biggest problem - swing space and the beams/ducts.

The software... let's say it took a lot of searching!

Man TA, your setup must have taken along time, great job. My clearance is 8 1/2. If you have a High follow through you will hit so that limits it, but I shoot pretty low. Your right though... It fits great for a righties but a lefty wouldn't be able to use it. How do you find the courses? Is it more realistic (ball flight) then playing TW ?

Quote Originally Posted by cordug View Post
    Man TA, your setup must have taken along time, great job. My clearance is 8 1/2. If you have a High follow through you will hit so that limits it, but I shoot pretty low. Your right though... It fits great for a righties but a lefty wouldn't be able to use it. How do you find the courses? Is it more realistic (ball flight) then playing TW ?
    Yes the new software is more like the Golf-O-Max experience! I'll PM you with the info

That would be great! Thanks.

2 Iron luigicactus is on a distinguished road
    Great set up guys. I've had my Dancin Dogg for more then a year, but it's still in it'S box as I have no place in our current home.
    We did try it a couple of times and would have to say that the Almost golf balls are great!

I was thinking of selling my unit, but now, you guys gavem second thoughts...

We're house hunting, so I guess I'll keep in mind what you did in m y search for the perfect home...

I'm curious about the software as well, any of you could pm me the info?

Quote Originally Posted by luigicactus View Post
    I'm curious about the software as well, any of you could pm me the info?
    Luigi,

I am beta testing the new software for Dancin Dogg, the software will be available to the general public very soon (next couple of weeks), there are a few improvements that they are working on. All in all a very nice simulation experience, well worth the $$$ for the unit!

2 Iron luigicactus is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by TA 845 View Post
    Luigi,

I am beta testing the new software for Dancin Dogg, the software will be available to the general public very soon (next couple of weeks), there are a few improvements that they are working on. All in all a very nice simulation experience, well worth the $$$ for the unit!
    Thanks! I just registered directly on the Dancin Doog website. They are suppose to email when the software will be released. I'm now convince that I'll have to keep mine and find a way to set it up at home. Negotiation time with the wife...

Software now available

For anyone who has the Dancin Dogg swing pad, the new 3DD software is available for download from the Optishot website under the downloads section. Make sure your video card is able to handle the graphics or it won't look great!

Let me know what you think of the new software.

Thread Information