100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NHL Trades?????

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar

NHL Trades?????

So the Trade deadline is quickly coming up. Anyone think there will be any block buster trades this year?

I'm not convinced Sundin will be gone, I think the fans would be too **. I have a feeling they will resign him.

I do think that Redden will be dealt though, somehow they are going to give him the incentive to accept a trade (like benching the *)
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    hossa will be going somewhere, hopefully to ottawa
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I know in baseball deadline deals can bring huge returns for both the buyer and seller. Have there been many big hockey deadline deals that have had a big impact in the playoffs? I can't think of many, Butch Goring obviously, any others?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    hossa will be going somewhere, hopefully to ottawa
    Although I loved Hossa when he was here in Ottawa, he always seemed to disappear in the playoffs so I am not sure if I would want him back. Thats a tough one.

i don't really agree that he disappeared, though he didn't elevate his game like some. I think he would do well on this team now and not necessarily have to play the star role...we've got a few of those. It would also make the Sens tough to defend against, with Alfie and Hossa on one line and Spezza and Heatley on another.

i don't really agree that he disappeared, though he didn't elevate his game like some. I think he would do well on this team now and not necessarily have to play the star role...we've got a few of those. It would also make the Sens tough to defend against, with Alfie and Hossa on one line and Spezza and Heatley on another.
    I found he disappeared but I guess its all in the perspective That is why I say it is a tough one, I agree that he would fit in well (except for his playoff play). I think we need a big D man first. But Hossa, Sundin, Forsburg or St. Louis might look good in red too

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    I think if Hossa goes, he will be on his way to montreal. They have a couple of players ATL is really looking for. and it has been clear that MTL is willing to give up Ryder and Higgins for him. I really hope that Forsberg chooses Ottawa, he brings a ton of experiance, and if he stays healty he could be that impact player the Sens need right now. Vermette and Corvo will be gone, prob for a defencemen, maybe a Foote or Blake. After Forsberg chooses where he is going you will start to see teams really start the push before the deadline.

well we ain't getting Sundin and Forsberg is going to Philly. Between St. Louis and Hossa I would take Hossa....not sure who else is out there for a big forward. I agree on the D Man though, a big physical stay at home guy would be great.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    I think Vermette and Corvo is way to high a price for a 6 million dollar rental with injury problems (Blake). Forsberg will likely end up in Philly, though Ottawa has a slim chance. Sundin is gone if Fletcher can find a contender to ship him to. On top of looking for a defenceman, I would like to see Ottawa make a move for Jokinen. He's got the size and strength up front that the Sens have been lacking for a while.

I would love to get Joikkinen...or however he spells his name.

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattchew View Post
    I think if Hossa goes, he will be on his way to montreal. They have a couple of players ATL is really looking for. and it has been clear that MTL is willing to give up Ryder and Higgins for him. I really hope that Forsberg chooses Ottawa, he brings a ton of experiance, and if he stays healty he could be that impact player the Sens need right now. Vermette and Corvo will be gone, prob for a defencemen, maybe a Foote or Blake. After Forsberg chooses where he is going you will start to see teams really start the push before the deadline.
    The sports show said Montreal is the front runner for Hossa.And asking for permission to talk to his agent about a contract extension.

I would love to get Joikkinen...or however he spells his name.
    Ya, he's a guy I would give up Vermette for, particularly if we could work out a longer term deal

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Indio;235319

I do think that Redden will be dealt though, somehow they are going to give him the incentive to accept a trade (like benching the *) [/QUOTE]

I don't know he said again today that he is not leaving .But never say never.This is what he said again today.
    "I really have the same thing to say that I said the last time: I signed a two-year deal with Ottawa because I want to win a Stanley Cup with this team," said Redden. "I want to stay here and I want to do the best I can to help this team win."

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    If Martin dealt Luongo to Vancouver for a broken down Bertuzzi instead of taking Vermette, Phillips, Havlat and Emery, what makes anyone think Ottawa has a shot at Jokinen?

i don't...i just said it would be nice to get him....

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    If Martin dealt Luongo to Vancouver for a broken down Bertuzzi instead of taking Vermette, Phillips, Havlat and Emery, what makes anyone think Ottawa has a shot at Jokinen?
    Martin will not give Ottawa SFA..... not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    I guarantee you that deal was never offered.

Baxter
    Here is one for you to think about...

Jokinen & Bouwmeester to Ottawa

Vermette, Foligno and Redden or Corvo to Florida
    If Redden won't go Corvo might be enough to get that deal done.

Martin St.Louis plus a stiff for Vermette and Gerber

This time of the year is fun.......

Sundin to Detroit or San Jose makes the most sense to me.....but who know's

Rob Blake to the Rangers for a player to be named later.

3 Wood nhwott5 is on a distinguished road
    are yo possibly on crack? what kind of deal is jokinen and bouwmeser for only vermette, foligno and redden? whiel they are at it why not have florida throw in south beach and all the oranges in the state?

first off, martin has proven he woudl do a lot not to deal with ottawa, but if he was going ot o( whixch they wont) it wod ltake a lot lot lot more to pry just jokinen out of that team let alone bouwmester too

now florida is only 1 poit ut of 3rd plave ( duew to divisional standings0 so shat makes anyone even think they are dealign anyone? jokinen is the franchise there and is ther to stay, bouwmester, wel they have to sign hium, but with phanuef siging for only 6.5 mil it il not be too hard for them to get bouwmester under contract

Quote Originally Posted by nhwott5 View Post
    are yo possibly on crack? what kind of deal is jokinen and bouwmeser for only vermette, foligno and redden? whiel they are at it why not have florida throw in south beach and all the oranges in the state?

first off, martin has proven he woudl do a lot not to deal with ottawa, but if he was going ot o( whixch they wont) it wod ltake a lot lot lot more to pry just jokinen out of that team let alone bouwmester too

now florida is only 1 poit ut of 3rd plave ( duew to divisional standings0 so shat makes anyone even think they are dealign anyone? jokinen is the franchise there and is ther to stay, bouwmester, wel they have to sign hium, but with phanuef siging for only 6.5 mil it il not be too hard for them to get bouwmester under contract
    Everyone keeps talking about how Martin is unwilling to deal with Ottawa. To be honest, I think that's crap. I buy the idea that he didn't want to make a deal with Ottawa immediately after being fired. It's been two years now, he's settled in Florida, and he's a smart enough hockey mind to know that if a deal is worth making, it's worth making. I really don't think he's so petty that he will avoid dealing with Ottawa just because he got fired. I'm pretty sure even he can see that things weren't working out with him in Ottawa, and knocking the Sens off his trading list just because they fired him would be shooting himself in the foot.

Baxter
    Quote Originally Posted by nhwott5 View Post

Nope I'm not but you might be after trying to read this mess...Florida does not have the cash to sign these 2 players...They will be moved(I think) and could get 3 players to help make them better for a few years to come. It's better than getting nothing which is what they will get come June.....

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    I don't think the Sens can get rid of both Redden and Corvo. You lose too much mobility with both gone. Corvo is better in his own end, is a lot tougher than Redden, and can skate like the bejesus. IMO, he's the "keeper" of the two.

That being said, Redden's "no trade" stance could force their hand.

I just think that letting Corvo go could be a long-term mistake for Ottawa.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    I want Tanguay and Blake. Give up Vermette, Eaves, and a couple draft picks or Gerber or Emery.

Baxter
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    I don't think the Sens can get rid of both Redden and Corvo. You lose too much mobility with both gone. Corvo is better in his own end, is a lot tougher than Redden, and can skate like the bejesus. IMO, he's the "keeper" of the two.

That being said, Redden's "no trade" stance could force their hand.

I just think that letting Corvo go could be a long-term mistake for Ottawa.

I posted - It was one or the other - never did I say both....

Remember you need to give up something good to get back something good..You need to look at it from both GM's point of few..not just your Teams side of things.

My only thoughts about trading Redden is Value for Value....Not for any other reason unlike others who have this thought that trading him because he stinks is a good idea.....These people need to think about that...If he is that bad why would
    another Team want him?????????

I would think that 98% of the GM's would take Redden over Corvo.....Look at what they have Redden playing with...Meszaros...That would make the Best player in the NHL look bad......

Just my thoughts on a Sunday morning at work..

Thread Information