CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Artisan Golf

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Artisan Golf

OK, I have to write this about Don. He has got to be one of the best guys around and his honesty and integrity are second to none. I went there today to get my new (used) KZG irons checked out as my experiment with impact tape showed me consistently hitting off the heel. I saw the irons were longer than my set and thought immediately that this was the reason for my heel shots.

Don went through the entire procedure of using the impact tape, lie board, launch monitor and he measured the frequency of the clubs. He then came to me and said to try setting up to the ball more on the toe. I did and began hitting the ball squarely on the sweet spot. He explained that the tape and lie board showed all was OK so that he thought my swing had a fault to come inside or perhaps not extending. In any case he could have taken me to the cleaners, told me that the irons need to be bent flat, that shafts required cutting and taken $75 or more off me and I would have gladly paid. Instead he charged me for the session and thats it. I also hit 2 drivers during this time, he checked the loft on each and the flex and told me which one was a better set-up for me. He also checked the lie angle on my putter and that was fine too.

KUDOS to a business man with integrity and looking to help out his customers instead of the search for the almighty dollar.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Luc,
    I've seen Don as well. VERY knowledgble in his field. And I left there feeling the same way as you did.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    I had a great experience with Artisan as well. I had some KZG irons made there a few months ago, and Don was more than willing to spend as much time as needed to get my clubs just right. He has the great reputation that he deserves.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    So that's how you've managed to play off the men's tees!

Sorry, Steve. I won't do that again. I just couldn't help myself.

Quote Originally Posted by NoBack View Post
    Luc,
    I've seen Don as well. VERY knowledgble in his field. And I left there feeling the same way as you did.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    i went to see him and he set me up with a driver over 2 years ago. I never purchased it. Since then I have asked him a question here and there and he is always happy to respond. He even send me a jpeg of my results from two years ago because I lost them. I was going to puchase a driver from him but saw it for dirt cheap on ebay with the same shaft so I grabbed it. I'm more than happy to take it to him and have him spine and tip it for me. Well worth the $35. He is awesome
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    I learn tons everytime I've seen Don. Great guy!

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Sorry, Steve. I won't do that again. I just couldn't help myself.
    yes you will

but be nice about it will ya
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Lob Wedge ScooterB is on a distinguished road ScooterB's Avatar
    Don is a great guy. (Hope you read this Don!) He fixed up some used KZG forged that I bought at Chuck Browns for a steal. I've bought other clubs and had putter fixed by him. Its worth the 2 hour drive from the far side of Cornwall to see him.

Great tip too that shaved 5 strokes and improved my ball flight.
    goonga-lagoonga....

Thread Information