100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread

Thread: Executive Golf?

Lob Wedge Malone is on a distinguished road

Executive Golf?

Does anyone know which is better Executive Golf or Corporate Golf?

I hear that Executive Golf has lots of events, and they host the Ottawa Sun Scramble.

I like to join these type of events, so i'm leaning towards Executive Golf.

Does anyone have any arguments?

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    I'm a member of CG, and while EG's online booking has inticed me, they have fewer courses/slots at the courses that I want to play than CG. CG also has lower prices per round if you disregard the freebies that you get by signing up early with EG. Even then if you plan to play a lot of rounds (40+) the total price might lean on CG's side.

With the exception of their end of year event, I don't believe that they have any other events. When I spoke with them this year before signing up again, there was talk of some improvements to their website to make it more of a community thing for the members. I don't know what that means, but I'm guessing that it might be a forum similar to this, and that may lead into events created by its members similar to the forum outings that happen from time to time on this board.

I'm sure others will add more.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Interesting...

On the executive golf website, they have An Eg opener, closer, Get - a- ways, and even a CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP! Does corporate golf have that? Their website doesn't have much content! Interesting about the price though. I think that the rounds given with the membership is key! I don't know how much i'll be golfing yet this summer.

And I don't really want to have to call to book all the time...online booking system is key!.

What do you mean they're adding to their website to make it more interactive?

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malone View Post
    Interesting...

On the executive golf website, they have An Eg opener, closer, Get - a- ways, and even a CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP! Does corporate golf have that? Their website doesn't have much content! Interesting about the price though. I think that the rounds given with the membership is key! I don't know how much i'll be golfing yet this summer.

And I don't really want to have to call to book all the time...online booking system is key!.

What do you mean they're adding to their website to make it more interactive?
    Malone, have you looked at Reservation Masters?

http://www.ottawagolf.com/club/index.htm
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Yeah, not alot of courses.... but pretty nice. They don't have events I don't think. Correct me if i'm wrong.

I have a friend in Executive golf, and I have a friend in Corporate golf. It seems like these are the two best in Ottawa, but I think that the friend in Corporate golf is switching to EG. I like the fact that there are getaways planned and events, don't you guys?

The membership seems like the best bang for the buck when you look at the free rounds, and all of the services they include. This Slammer Tour looks very interesting and something I might be willing to try out.

Im a fixture here Pinshark is on a distinguished road Pinshark's Avatar
    RM, CG, EG.....mostly it depends on you. You must be flexible on where you want to play and if you are its a great deal all around. EG does have a lot of events and is also closely tied to the Slammer Tour which is GREAT fun.
    PinShark
    [URL="http://www.TheGroutDoctor.ca"] [/URL]

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    I like the fact that there are getaways planned and events, don't you guys?

The membership seems like the best bang for the buck when you look at the free rounds, and all of the services they include. This Slammer Tour looks very interesting and something I might be willing to try out.
    I am not part of Reservation Masters, although I am a member this year. As for events, this forum which is affiliated with reservation Masters does have events setup by the members (Fun Day tournaments, Ryder Cup event against the Toronto golf forum)

We also have a lot of the membership of the National Capital Golf Tour (NCGT) in the forum which is a great 'tour' to play on.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Did I see in another post that the EG trip to Myrtle had been cancelled?
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

I heard about this, "Commish's Cup" that Executive Golf is hosting, where there will be 12 teams, and it's a huge Ryder Cup sortta thing, and different clubs will be playing in it. Sounds like that could be fun.

Another good feature about EG I noticed is the really good golf courses are on it, like The Marshes, Eagle Creek, Stonebrigde etc...

EG is the only one with these courses on it. I think CG has marshes....

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post

We also have a lot of the membership of the National Capital Golf Tour (NCGT) in the forum which is a great 'tour' to play on.
    Indeed it is

But then I am a little biased
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    i was on the fence all season about which one to sign up for this coming year. i wanted to go with RM cause of dan but all the boys went with CG so what is a guy to do. Hacker signing up for CG put this one over the top for me. Depe... newest member of CG
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Just signed up for Executive Golf. Talked to this Darcy fellow, very nice guy. Let me in on the scoop for the upcoming events, and slammer tour. Sounds like it should be a great summer. Can't wait to start using the online booking system.

Thanks for your input all! I appreciate it. Hope to see you on the course.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    If you don't like hanging on to the telephone I would really think before you sign up. I have been with CG since opening and never had a problem booking. Granted CG has a lot more spaces but they also have a lot more members.

Last year I asked if they were thinking of an on line booking system---their answer was "we did a poll with our members and they said they did not want it"
    In reality I think that should give you the answer your looking for.

I'm staying with EG because if all your golf buddies are on the same program then it gets harder to book at the same course---with me we usually play once a week with 4 couples.

Sure RM does not have as many courses but they have enough that you surely can mix and match---and besides there is this great forum
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Just signed up for Executive Golf. Talked to this Darcy fellow, very nice guy. Let me in on the scoop for the upcoming events, and slammer tour. Sounds like it should be a great summer. Can't wait to start using the online booking system.

Thanks for your input all! I appreciate it. Hope to see you on the course.
    What?--you didn't read my post! Smart move

Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    i was on the fence all season about which one to sign up for this coming year. i wanted to go with RM cause of dan but all the boys went with CG so what is a guy to do. Hacker signing up for CG put this one over the top for me. Depe... newest member of CG
    You mean we are going to fight for spots?

Yeah, Darcy mentioned that You can book through the phone too. So if yo'ure on you're way to a course, you can simply call the number on your membership card, and he'll do the booking for you. Also, You can book other people's spots for them on the online booking spots...very convienent.

Its surprising that CG's poll indicated they didn't want an online booking system. Seems like everyone now a days would like that option. EG does have both options, so obviously that's a plus. Maybe the guys at CG made up the results of that poll so they wouldn't have to do the web work.

muhahaha

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Can't wait to start using the online booking system.
    EG only has booking with EG online. You still have to call the course for a tee time.
    The only one with completely online booking is ReservationMasters www.ottawagolf.com/club
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    EG only has booking with EG online. You still have to call the course for a tee time.
    The only one with completely online booking is ReservationMasters www.ottawagolf.com/club

I didn't realize that Dan---I thought you still had to contact the course as well--hmmm. By the way---everything worked--thanks

With RM you can book in less than 1 minute. No need to reserve a spot, call the course, find out there is no time that suits you, cancel your spot... and then start again from the beginning.

Events and higher end courses are great, but our members seem to prefer the golf under $25 aspect of the club.

Just wondering... does EG offer EG's club rates for the events they run when they have more than thier daily allotment of players at the course they are playing?
    Last edited by Kilroy; 02-05-2008 at 04:31 PM.

6 Iron Ehmcee is on a distinguished road
    Another good feature about EG I noticed is the really good golf courses are on it, like The Marshes, Eagle Creek, Stonebrigde etc...

EG is the only one with these courses on it. I think CG has marshes....
    CG has the Marshes at $45 - EG has it at $70

Will EG have Eagle Creek this year? I thought that 2007 was the last year because of Club Link buying it.

EG only has Stonebridge on Mon and Tue so that is not much of a benefit (to the majority of golfers). It is also $45.

Every golfer needs to look at the course list (and which 'club' their friends join) and decide what works best for them.

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    if Depe is now with CG I'm cancelling mine! hahaha

CG's poll for the online booking said people wanted both phone and online, which was not their intention. From what I understand from talking to the owners is they want one or the other, not both. Personally, I wanted online booking but was apparently the minority as I'm on a bus at 7am on hold every wed. moprnign rying to get weekend spots. oh well! The addition og the Marshes, Kingsway, tecumseh and more spots at Hammond are all a plus I guess.

Cheers,
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Hi All!

Hey everyone. Thanks for your replies, however I must let you all know something. I actually work for Executive Golf and was trying to start a thread about all of the good things that Executive Golf possesses. I just started working for them, and I figured I would try new ways of getting people familiar with the aspects of EG.

This is obviously not fair game, so I thought I would let you all know that I will stop posting on this thread, as well as any other that involves topic of EG , CP, or RM.

Thanks again for listening, and I still hope to see you all out on the course.

Go SENS Go.

Closed.
    Last edited by Kilroy; 02-06-2008 at 01:52 PM.

Thread Information