100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road

Exotics FW Woods???

Anyone here use the Tour Edge Exotics?

Looking for feedback. Every review is great but it is so hard to find people who use them. I know they are pricey but for most people here, who buy new clubs 8 times a year (haha) price shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks

Hall of Fame MusicMan is on a distinguished road MusicMan's Avatar
    ive used the 3 for a couple games and range sessions... they are beasts! plain and simple. i sold it becuase i was hitting the 3 a few yards short of my driver. and it feels so good! the only thing is the chrome face... not a fan of chrome on the face of woods... but definatly worth the money IMO

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    I have the 3 wood and love it. It has a nice feel and a good trajectory. I hit it a few times today on par 5's and had good results.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by gbower View Post
    I have the 3 wood and love it. It has a nice feel and a good trajectory. I hit it a few times today on par 5's and had good results.

With all of us still getting over the misery of another 30+ cms of snow over the weekend, we really don't you rubbing your golf playing in our faces, thank you very much.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

5 Wood parbreaker04 is on a distinguished road
    Hi,
    I have a three wood and have been experimenting with shafts, as I would like a higher ball flight. The club flies a long way and if I can get it to fly higher it will move into my bag full time.
    Parbreaker04

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by golfisforfun View Post
    Anyone here use the Tour Edge Exotics?

Looking for feedback. Every review is great but it is so hard to find people who use them. I know they are pricey but for most people here, who buy new clubs 8 times a year (haha) price shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks
    I used the 3 and the 4 last season and the clubs have a nice sound/feel, with perhaps a little higher than average ball flight and good distance. The Fujikura stock shaft provides a soft sensation which I prefer. However, the look at address for me is that the bulge radius is too small and gives me the impression that a toe hit will go way right.

While not hit outdoors yet, I have assembled a couple of the SMT 3390's and love the look at address as well as the feel at impact. And, sometime soon, I will get one of the Wishon 919 FW heads. The 919 driver is the best one that I have had and hopefully the FW club will be comparable.

Need a Caddy rockford35 is on a distinguished road rockford35's Avatar
    My whole bag is the CB1 series. 3, 5 and 7 wood. There is nothing out that can match the length and versatility of the CB1. Not even the CB2.

In my opinion, the stock shafts are the downfall of the Exotics series. The Fujikura is a lacklustre shaft unless you have a very smooth and slow tempo, but is leaving significant yards on the table.

The same goes for the "made for" NV. Junk. Both create higher than average shots with little roll.

They boast the classic gloss head with a shallow face with just the right head size for the mid handicap to better player category. They aren't the most forgiving FW's available, but they aren't designed for that audience to begin with.

Grab a CB1 and put your favorite FW shaft in it. You won't have to search for another FW for at least 5 years.

R35
    "Put me down for a 4..."

I found a bunch of them at www.proshopwarehouse.com and the prices are great. I am considering the hybrids and the 3 and 5 woods...

Thanks for your input everyone...

Jaybird
    I have the 3 wood. I'll back what others have said... an absolute beast for distance and wonderful feel when struck nicely. Not the most forgiving club out there but find the sweet spot and it's a beautiful thing. I don't have much luck off the fairway with it which is the main reason it doesn't always get into my bag (but I don't have much luck with any 3 wood I've tried off the fairway).

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Alright you gentleman made me take the plunge with my last bit of pocket change that Mpare didn't take from me last year. I bought a used Exotic 3 wood,15 degrees with a Fujikura 757 tourspec stiff flex shaft, professionally installed with "spine and flo'd" aligned. That's all greek to me but I can't wait to try it.

Need a Caddy rockford35 is on a distinguished road rockford35's Avatar
    My ladies....all long and tight. What every growing boy needs.

R35

"Put me down for a 4..."

2 Iron goto10 is on a distinguished road
    For anyone who is interested:

I just picked up a new TEE 4 wood from GT online for $100.

They can be found for this price in the Clearance Center link.

Just checked and they have lots in stock!!! YIPPEEEE

New 3 and 5 woods on the way... Can't wait...

Postaholic mcgoo is on a distinguished road
    This thread just cost me $474. I just ordered all four CB1's online from Golftown. Hit the CB2's in Florida this month and liked them but they are overpriced. I hope that there is not much difference.

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Alright now that I've practiced with the CB1 3 wood enough times all I can say is "SWEET" They do feel fantastic, and the ball just rockets off of the face. The ball flight is a little lower due I believe to the 757 shaft instead of the stock shaft. And the best thing about this club is the sound of the club hitting the ball , I can't even describe it but it's kind of like hitting a persimmon wood on the sweet spot every time. I just bought the driver to see if it sounds the same, If it does and the trajectory is right it's in the bag to stay. Thanks for raising my curiosity about these clubs.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    i have the 3+ as a backup to my b'stone and love it for courses that i use 3wood off the tee a lot. I really like it off the tee, but down here in Aussie, the fairways are like green-height so a need a little more loft for fairway shots!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    These clubs are awesome. I did not miss a single fairway with the 3 Wood or 5 Wood yesterday at Emerald Links. They are long and have a nice ball flight.

And for $100 on GolfTown clearance site, well, you CAN'T find a better deal.

If you need woods, buy these!!!

Pitching Wedge Elrik is on a distinguished road

Exotics FW Woods???

I'm certainly thinking of getting one of these.

I have heard though the stock Fuji shaft is a bit soft (stiff playing like regular, regular playing like senior). For those who have one, have you found this to be the case?

Thx

I bought 3,5 & 7 with the R flex shafts from the GT website. They are a very light shaft for a FW (55 grams) so that may be why some say they are soft. But the bend point is not extrememely low, they are labeled mid kick. I have a slow swing speed so I am OK with them the R flex. I would think that the golfer with a normal to high swing speed would prefer a S flex.

The clubface is square which I am have trouble getting use to (slicing).

Pitching Wedge Elrik is on a distinguished road

Exotics FW Woods???

Thanks McGoo. Wow! I never suspected that the shaft would be that light. Is the head heavy, or is it equally light?

According to the simulators (I know, I should take those readings with a grain of salt - my swing speed is between 85-95 mph, depending on what I had for breakfeast and how the planets align. Based on your criteria, would that be slow, normal or above average?

Elrik

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrik View Post
    Thanks McGoo. Wow! I never suspected that the shaft would be that light. Is the head heavy, or is it equally light?

According to the simulators (I know, I should take those readings with a grain of salt - my swing speed is between 85-95 mph, depending on what I had for breakfeast and how the planets align. Based on your criteria, would that be slow, normal or above average?

Elrik

Normal to above average. When you start approaching 95MPH you are generally swinging faster than the majority of golfers. Now whether or not you are actually swinging well is another discussion.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

I am playing them with Stiff shafts. I hit the 3 Wood about 240 off the tee and the 5 wood about 225. I can swing a driver around 100 mph but prefer to stay around 95 mph. I really like the ball flight so far...
    I do find they have a lower ball flight off the ground but that's ok for me. I don't often try and hit 220+ over water!!! I would prefer to use my basketball skills and use a lay-up!!!

I agree with Geoff and golfisforfun.

Thread Information