CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar

Best catch ever?

Anybody else think that Tyree's catch should go down as the best ever (especially given the timing)?

Postaholic northern33 is on a distinguished road northern33's Avatar
    I don't know about best catch ever...but it was pretty damn impressive. Great to see the Giants win!

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    It was certainly impressive.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Eli eluding the sack and that catch will go down in Super Bowl history....it was amazing.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Eli eluding the sack and that catch will go down in Super Bowl history....it was amazing.

Certainly one of the most important ever.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    It was a phenomenal catch. It certainly was the first time I've ever seen anyone hold the ball against their helmet using only one hand. Great presence of mind.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    I agree Jeff! He looked like he was going down and all of a sudden the ball is flying through the air..... that was amazing!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    Great presence of mind.
    For both Manning and Tyree. Amazing.
    I don't know if it'll go down as the greatest catch ever, but to say it was the play of the game is an understatement.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Baxter
    I can't believe it was not reviewed. It looked to me like the ground helped the catch...I have seen so many things during this season reviewed by the Booth, and that one is not, in the biggest game of the year???? At least it did with my super slow mo.......
    Another Franco Harris ????

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    As soon as Eli got away from that missed sack, I knew something bad (or good depending on who you are) was gonna happen.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bullis View Post
    I can't believe it was not reviewed. It looked to me like the ground helped the catch...I have seen so many things during this season reviewed by the Booth, and that one is not, in the biggest game of the year???? At least it did with my super slow mo.......
    Another Franco Harris ????
    I felt it was very clear from the replay that there was at least 2 inches of daylight between the ball and the ground.

Baxter
    What replay did you see? I saw nothing that showed it clear as 2 inches of day light....I will watch it again and see if it shows that replay...

Known entity Mattchew is on a distinguished road Mattchew's Avatar
    What replay did you see? I saw nothing that showed it clear as 2 inches of day light....I will watch it again and see if it shows that replay...
    before he was even close to the ground he had both hands on the ball and had control of it. dont even think the ball touched the ground until he rolled over. it was a great catch!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocR5NI0Q8l0

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattchew View Post
    before he was even close to the ground he had both hands on the ball and had control of it. dont even think the ball touched the ground until he rolled over. it was a great catch!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocR5NI0Q8l0
    If he has control of the ball that is all that matters.hits the ground or not.None of the pats had a problem with the catch.

In the youtube video posted above, the shot at about 35 seconds provides the clearest view and, as far as I can see, he keeps the ball well above the ground.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    The amazimg thing about that play for me is just how close the ref was to calling Manning "in the grasp" for the sack. You see him come running into the frame towards the scrum just as Manning escapes the grip on his jersey. One more second in that crowd and the play is dead. 4th down.

I think as much as that play will go down as one of the greats of all time, that whole winning drive, right after it looked like Brady and Co. had stuck the fork in again, will be remembered as one of the great drives in Superbowl history.

I hope the entire Giants defence got the game ball for their performance. They were completely out of gas in the 4th quarter, but they kept coming. A brilliant display of determination.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    i was more shocked that they blew it and let it come down to a jump ball like that. Idiots. swat the ball away man!!! moss is faster and taller than the coverage but they got a hand on everyball he was tossed in the last minute
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywilly View Post
    i was more shocked that they blew it and let it come down to a jump ball like that. Idiots. swat the ball away man!!! moss is faster and taller than the coverage but they got a hand on everyball he was tossed in the last minute
    Gotta give them credit though. I've never seen double coverage that tight without a pass interference penalty being called. They played him perfectly.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    It'll never go down as the best catch ever, but it might go down as "the play" or something like that in NFL Films history. To be the best catch ever it would HAVE to, by default, be for a touchdown or two point conversion to win the game. Be hard to displace "the catch" or "the immaculate reception".
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

3 Wood nhwott5 is on a distinguished road
    yes, quite easy to see it never touched the gound, great catch, better play was eli getting free, nice all round play, best ever, not sure, but top 5, for sure

Thread Information