+ Reply to Thread
    Gap Wedge BredStik is on a distinguished road BredStik's Avatar

Anyone here tried the Nickent 3DX Square?

I was wondering because it's darn cheap on eBay right now... Might actually benefit from newer technology. Aside the sound of the thing, what do you think of it? What do you think of square drivers in general.

I'm a 20 handicap currently using a TaylorMade R580 9.5 with a stock MAS2 Stiff Shaft. I'm not trying to work the ball left and right (even though I do it without trying!), I just want the best tool to help me hit it straight. I average around 220 with my current driver.

By the way, Nickent 3DX Square I was looking at is a 9.5 degree with a UST V2 stiff shaft.

Let me know what you think.

I can't believe no one here tried this driver... Or maybe you don't want to hurt my feelings...

Anyways, I bought it and received it a couple of days later. For less than 100$ shipping and taxes included, it seems like a good deal. I haven't been able to go to the range yet, but I really like the look of the beast and the V2 shaft seems nice!

It seems to have a thinner face than my R580 and the face is a little wider.

I'll let you know when hit some balls with it.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    If it's not the Tour model, from what I've read on the web, bring some ear plugs.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

8 Iron LBlack14 is on a distinguished road
    I had one. The face ws 2.5* closed which was a hooker for me. Sold it after 2 rounds. Never tried the Tour version. I have 2 Integra Sooo Long Quadratics that are GREAT drivers. They are the 1st squares that were on the market. Comp. top, square face angle, nice head. I hit the original Sumo2 and the FT-i and this was the winner! Not to mention the cost and ability to customise with shaft of your choice. I have a 9.5* with a VS Proto70-S and a 10.5* with a Royal Precision Saber Tour Vector-tour stiff. Google it
    Not much on signatures eh ?

9 Iron ocat is on a distinguished road

3DX Square

I traded for one off this site. I have only hit it inside but have been really happy with it sofar. It is very loud and the shaft is very nice. I can't wait to get outside so I can see what kind of yardage I am getting. I think the closed face really helps me normally I am a natural slicer. I just want to hit it outside.

Competitor Golfer_Gofer is on a distinguished road Golfer_Gofer's Avatar
    I tried it at golf town.. along with the sumo sq. and I didn't like either of them. I'm not a fan of the square look. The bulky feel of it. The sound of it is terrible. (Compare it to hitting a hub cap with a ball pin hammer).

i would recommend trying it first before buying it on ebay.
    Scott - Golf...Fail.

5 Wood jsf001 is on a distinguished road
    I am the one that Ocat got his from. I hit it fairly well but have to agree with Gofer that the sound is somewhat unsettling. When I hit it on the range I always got stares from the other people. I played it in a two day tournament one time and on the second day a guy came up to me with the comment "So you're the one I was hearing all day yesterday!" I gave it the nick name Clank, because that is kind of what it sounds like.

Well, I finally took the bite... At under a 100$ shipping and tax included, I figured I could still sell it for the same price.

I received it 2 weeks ago and took it to golf-o-max at my usual spot. I might have been swinging better than usual, but I've never driven the ball so nicely. I usually average around 220yds with my TM R580 and I spread them left and right. Well, I played 18 holes at Banff Springs and hit 10 fairways, averaged 237yds with a best drive of 285yds. They were usually really straight with a seldom draw.

By the way, this was my best round by far on a simulator, I played 78. My best before that was 83.

It's that the sound is surprising to say the least. However, the shape of the head and the size of the beast wasn't unsettling for me. The UST V2 Stiff shaft is awsome though. I'm used to stock shafts like the MAS2 on the TaylorMade, but this is way better.

I couldn't be more pleased for the money. I haven't tried the Callaway or the Nike, but I think they could't justify the 200$ or 400$ difference on the price tag.

Birdie JWWRMA is on a distinguished road

Nickent

Did you get the "tour" version or the straight 3DX Square? Anyone know the difference?

thanks

Thread Information