CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Le Maitre

Nationwide Player Section Thirty One is on a distinguished road Section Thirty One's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    Not to stir up trouble, but I found Eagle Creek conditions to be worse in 2007 than they were in 2006.

Bear in mind, I only played the course once each year. (august 06, forum fun day I forget what month 07)
    I would agree, conditions at EC were by and large pretty shabby last year.

However, they were that way from the very beginning of the season, which hints at the fact that the proper winter maintenance may not have been done. I don't want to point fingers, but the fact that there were numerous dead spots, shaggy grass and burst water pipes leads me to believe that Andre may have skimped on shutting down the course with a sale imminent.

3 Wood nhwott5 is on a distinguished road
    the only reason to join clublink is for the reciprocal platy, and i for one use it a lot, it is fantastic, being able to play 4 great courses just locally here as well as th ones on montreal (hour and a half away) plus a few trips to toronto , can not beat it,

price, well yes it was cheaper to join there then any other private course in the area, and i think that HPO might stil be,.

now as for easy access, well i had one time last year when i could not get on my home course at a time that i wanetd too, and it was not due to corporate golfl or anythign the same, it was on mens night and i had left my booking late,

if you liek to play your golf in the same locatin day after day, and have no intentin of looking for a change, clublink sucks, if you lie golf and want to play a lot and at different places, you can not beat it hands down!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    Really?

Not if you are talking about (comparing them to) the simlarly priced private courses.

An advantage if you use it a LOT, but a disadvantage if you want easy access to the course you joined. 450 members, plus tourneys, plus members playing on reciprical privilages, plus who knows what else they will allow for a few more $. Sounds none too private to me.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I don't mean to diss CL. I just don't think it's a private club experience. If you are happy with it, that's great.

I know there are a couple of semi private courses that charge initiation. I personally don't feel it's worth it, but that's just my opinion.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    I don't mean to diss CL. I just don't think it's a private club experience. If you are happy with it, that's great.

I know there are a couple of semi private courses that charge initiation. I personally don't feel it's worth it, but that's just my opinion.
    Dan All private club have reciprocal play. For example, Rivermead can play Rosemère and Hunt if I’m not mistaken. Private clubs that are really private, no reciprocal play, no tournaments, no nothing but local members are extremely rare and none existent in this region if I’ not mistaken.

I don’t know where you get the CL “semiprivate” tag from? We are all members with reciprocal play.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube View Post
    I don’t know where you get the CL “semiprivate” tag from? We are all members with reciprocal play.
    Outaouais is an examleof a 'semi-private' club. Anyone can play, just not at any time. There are tee times blocked off for members only (although not many!)

CL is close to that, I have played at a CL club without a membership, Le Maitre being one of them. As with most clubs, it is the almighty dollar that talks.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

I understand semi-private and CL is hardly that. I don’t see CL anywhere close to Outaouais type membership. Le Maitre on the other hand is a different beast. It’s in a resort area where tourism is very strong.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Any opinions on golf in general at Tremblant? I'm going this summer: I'm just tagging along as the 4th in a group, I think we're staying in one of the chalets, from what I can tell there is the Maitre, La Belle & La Bete all at pretty much the same location. Is Le Maitre the only CL of the 3? What are the others like?
    Andrew

Le Maitre is the only CL course. La Bête is nice but #2 is stupid. Couple of blind shots on the course. La Belle is plain. Not very exited.

Mike

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    as it turns out, my group for this year is one member short of 12 for our annual Tremblant trip and i was thinking of asking on this forum if anyone is interested in being number 12. now that i have the CL member names i must give you guys first crack as playing Le Maitre is an awesome experience! if interested PM me and i'll give you the details. the other members do have some feelers out already to find a 12th guy so no guarantees but if they don't find anyone.....

1 Iron golfmajic is on a distinguished road
    I don't know what the big attraction is to Le Maitre, it is very nice but so are a lot of courses in the Tremblant area. La Bete is a great course (2nd hole accepted, try hitting your drive to the ladies tee, works ok for me), Le Diable is a good course, Royal Laurentian is good, best value Arundel, Mountain Acres, short but fun, Le Giant Ok mountain type course. All of these courses are easy to get onto without having to be a Club Link member.
    I my opinion Club Link is taking golf away from the average person. I know of lots of Ottawa Club link members who joined the Ottawa courses for a lot less than the Le Maitre members but get almost unlimited play at Le Maitre. This really pisses off the Le Maitre members

Shotmaker acadian is on a distinguished road acadian's Avatar

gta

i am definetly up for a GTA trip mikey ,, as long as i'm not in the middle of the spoon, hehhe lol
    i had lots of fun ,specially watching bigeasy loose it on the 15th hole , hehhehe on our last day,,let me know when will be better for you and i'll check my schedule

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by acadian View Post
    i am definetly up for a GTA trip mikey ,, as long as i'm not in the middle of the spoon, hehhe lol
    i had lots of fun ,specially watching bigeasy loose it on the 15th hole , hehhehe on our last day,,let me know when will be better for you and i'll check my schedule
    I was on #16...and I teed off on #17...but went straight to the range afterwards...

Shotmaker acadian is on a distinguished road acadian's Avatar

hahah

That was good , but will never beat the classic at #5, haute plaine,, hehheeh
    The good thing about that was any bad day i have now ,,,or no matter oh ty i'm feeling ,, i think of that day and it always makes me laugh , heheh that poor cart

7 Iron golfchick07 is on a distinguished road
    Well I happen to agree with Dan, I am at odds with CL right now. I feel that I am overpaying on initiation and when they failed to proceed with the new clubhouse last fall, well that put me over the edge. Granted next week I will see the plans for the 2008 version of the club house, wondering if they will go the distance with this plan???
    Camelot seems to be reasonable but I have never played there... Need to go and tour, if it ever friggen quits snowing!!!

Hmm seems this thread has gotten off topic!

La Maitre... great course...!! there back on topic

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfchick07 View Post
    Well I happen to agree with Dan, I am at odds with CL right now. I feel that I am overpaying on initiation and when they failed to proceed with the new clubhouse last fall, well that put me over the edge. Granted next week I will see the plans for the 2008 version of the club house, wondering if they will go the distance with this plan???
    Camelot seems to be reasonable but I have never played there... Need to go and tour, if it ever friggen quits snowing!!!

Hmm seems this thread has gotten off topic!

La Maitre... great course...!! there back on topic
    Why don't you just buy Bear Brook and make it into whatever you want Steph! It will keep you busy and you will have MANY MANY new friends

I would work for peanuts (and beer) as a marshal
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Thread Information