+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Le Maitre

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar

Le Maitre

Don't know if this is the right spot for this, but I am wondering if anyone has an idea on how to get in to play Le Maitre? It's a clublink course. We played it a couple of years ago somehow, before I organized our annual trip, but now I get no response when I email the "powers that be" at Clublink.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    You dont have to go through Club Link to play le Maitre.All you do is book a hotel room in the Laurentians that features the course and your in.You will find these specials at the Ottawa Golf Show coming up soon(I hope).The rates are very good depending on the season you plan on going.

1 Iron golfmajic is on a distinguished road
    Yup, last year the cheapest package was available through Hôtel Comfort Inn St-Jovite/Mt-Tremblant as the Gold Package.
    These packages really piss off the members who pay big bucks to belong to Le Maitre.
    The problem is Le Maitre has not been able to attract enough members to fill all of the tee times and pay the costs of running the course.
    Good track from the blues and you had better be good if you plan to play the tips!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    or you can cozy up to Colby, LMS, psniddy, mberube, etc etc. I am sure beer works nicely as bribery with these guys...
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

3 Wood Evil Chris is on a distinguished road Evil Chris's Avatar
    At the risk of repeating...

There are only two ways you can play Le Maitre.
    1) As a member of Clublink
    and
    2) If you are staying at one of their sponsored hotels in Tremblant.
    [url=http://www.zeemine.com/]Zeemine[/url]

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Evil Chris:
    Are you saying that you cannot play as a CL member's guest? I played it as a guest a couple of years ago, so something must have changed if that's the case.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    You can play as a guest of a member.

You can also play as a non-member if you play in a corporate event.

So 4 ways to play.

Hopelessly Addicted jsttaylor is on a distinguished road jsttaylor's Avatar
    Do you know if that member must be with you? We played it a couple years in a row a few years ago and none of us were members. I wonder how we got on?

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    The member has to be with you, and they can limit the number of guests per member.

I would guess you stayed somewhere that allowed you to book a tee time through them.

7 Iron golfchick07 is on a distinguished road
    As a CL member, I never have trouble taking non-member any number of them, at Le Maitre, or any CL course. I think that the tee time has a bearing.

5 Iron Jes is on a distinguished road Jes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Chris View Post
    At the risk of repeating...

There are only two ways you can play Le Maitre.
    1) As a member of Clublink
    and
    2) If you are staying at one of their sponsored hotels in Tremblant.
    Any idea where someone could track down the hotels that feature Le Maitre?

1 Iron golfmajic is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Jes View Post
    Any idea where someone could track down the hotels that feature Le Maitre?
    As I said before and I quote "Yup, last year the cheapest package was available through Hôtel Comfort Inn St-Jovite/Mt-Tremblant as the Gold Package".

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    What if we are interested in not necessarily the cheapest package?
    Andrew

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jsttaylor View Post
    Do you know if that member must be with you? We played it a couple years in a row a few years ago and none of us were members. I wonder how we got on?
    You might have walked on if it wasn’t busy. I have seen groups accepted at HP on a Sunday afternoon and no members were present in the group. Don’t be fooled. CL rarely turns down paying customers when last minute T-times are available.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    What if we are interested in not necessarily the cheapest package?
    I think any hotel in Tremblant has an available golf package for any golf course in the surrounding area.

Mike

Nationwide Player Section Thirty One is on a distinguished road Section Thirty One's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mberube View Post
    You might have walked on if it wasn’t busy. I have seen groups accepted at HP on a Sunday afternoon and no members were present in the group. Don’t be fooled. CL rarely turns down paying customers when last minute T-times are available.
    This is the kind of thing that really pisses me off about Clublink.

If I saw this happen, there would be words had with Jean. I don't mean to be a bad guy, but I don't pay an initiation fee + dues every year for some guy off the street to roll in and pay the guest fee.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I played there about 2 years ago, it was an amazing course. We won a free round for 4 people at a golf tournament.

Shotmaker acadian is on a distinguished road acadian's Avatar

me too

or you can cozy up to Colby, LMS, psniddy, mberube, etc etc. I am sure beer works nicely as bribery with these guys...

Hey jeffc , i will gladly bring someone to the maitre or any clublink course for beer,, i can EASILY be bribed,,,maybe a little too easy , heheh

Quote Originally Posted by Section Thirty One View Post
    This is the kind of thing that really pisses me off about Clublink.

If I saw this happen, there would be words had with Jean. I don't mean to be a bad guy, but I don't pay an initiation fee + dues every year for some guy off the street to roll in and pay the guest fee.
    I never seen it happen since Jean is there but I have seen it when Martin (the old pro before Jean) was there. Don’t forget that at that time we were150 members. I have played numerous times and I was the only guy on the course at 6pm on a Tuesday.

I’m sure it’s not a weekly thing but I’m pretty sure it still happens from time to time when the course in wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by acadian View Post

Hey jeffc , i will gladly bring someone to the maitre or any clublink course for beer,, i can EASILY be bribed,,,maybe a little too easy , heheh
    As long as it’s not fishing season for Cam!!!

Are you up for a GTA trip this April Cam?

Mike

Nationwide Player Section Thirty One is on a distinguished road Section Thirty One's Avatar
    I never seen it happen since Jean is there but I have seen it when Martin (the old pro before Jean) was there. Don’t forget that at that time we were150 members. I have played numerous times and I was the only guy on the course at 6pm on a Tuesday.

I’m sure it’s not a weekly thing but I’m pretty sure it still happens from time to time when the course in wide open.
    Ahhh, okay. Apologies for jumping the gun on that one. Jean seems like a very upstanding guy and a person who looks out for his members. It would have surprised me if he was to have allowed this type of thing to go on... and it sounds like he does not.

I only got bent out of shape because this is not the first time I have heard this about a Clublink course. We get enough public traffic with all of the corporate tournaments!

Quote Originally Posted by Section Thirty One View Post
    Ahhh, okay. Apologies for jumping the gun on that one. Jean seems like a very upstanding guy and a person who looks out for his members. It would have surprised me if he was to have allowed this type of thing to go on... and it sounds like he does not.

I only got bent out of shape because this is not the first time I have heard this about a Clublink course. We get enough public traffic with all of the corporate tournaments!
    I agree. At the time I didn’t really care since the course was empty and it did not affect me golf wise. I also understood that with 150 members the course must have been in the red numbers financially. An easy buck is always welcome if you’re trying to survive.

That being said I would not be surprised if it still happens here and there.

They should not be letting anyone play other than members and thier guests. With all the tournaments and players from other CL courses it seems more like a very expensive semi-private club. You fellas pay large innitiation fees on par with exclusive private courses. Most semi-private courses do not charge initiation. It makes me wonder why people buy into it. I'd rather join a real private course for that kind of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank View Post
    They should not be letting anyone play other than members and thier guests. With all the tournaments and players from other CL courses it seems more like a very expensive semi-private club. You fellas pay large innitiation fees on par with exclusive private courses. Most semi-private courses do not charge initiation. It makes me wonder why people buy into it. I'd rather join a real private course for that kind of money.
    Because it’s cheaper then elsewhere in general and the courses are arguably the best-conditioned courses in the region and you get reciprocal play on all of them.

Mike

Because it’s cheaper then elsewhere in general
    Really?
    and the courses are arguably the best-conditioned courses in the region
    Not if you are talking about (comparing them to) the simlarly priced private courses.
    and you get reciprocal play on all of them.
    An advantage if you use it a LOT, but a disadvantage if you want easy access to the course you joined. 450 members, plus tourneys, plus members playing on reciprical privilages, plus who knows what else they will allow for a few more $. Sounds none too private to me.

Really?.
    HP: Initiation $6500– Annual dues $2420 – F&B $655
    GH: Initiation $12500 – Annual dues $3060 – F&B $670
    Camelot: Initiation $27000?? – Annual dues $3350 – F&B $1500
    Hunt: Initiation $24000 – Annual dues $4490 – F&B $1200
    RV: Initiation $?? – Annual dues $2810 – F&B $400
    RiverM: Initiation $15000? – Annual dues $6000? – F&B $1500??
    ROtt: Initiation $? – Annual dues $6000?? – F&B $???

Semi Private:

Outaouais: Initiation $?? – Annual dues $?? – F&B $??

Not if you are talking about (comparing them to) the simlarly priced private courses.
    Not many courses in the region have better conditioned then EC, HP. GH is fairly new. The conditions at HP and EC are incredible. Don’t you think? What course is better manicured then those two. That’s without counting Le Maitre, FB, Val des lacs and Ilesmere.

An advantage if you use it a LOT, but a disadvantage if you want easy access to the course you joined. 450 members, plus tourneys, plus members playing on reciprical privilages, plus who knows what else they will allow for a few more $. Sounds none too private to me.
    A disadvantage if you play during the weekdays. Some players come to your course but don’t forget that you home members also play elsewhere. It evens out. I drop by any course without calling excluding the weekends and I can always find a spot. I see it as an advantage.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I love Val des Lacs, I played it when it pre CL when it was a private club and it was in terrific condition but I must admit that the conditions are better now that CL has become the owner.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    I love Val des Lacs, I played it when it pre CL when it was a private club and it was in terrific condition but I must admit that the conditions are better now that CL has become the owner.
    VdL is one of my favourite courses. In your face old style layout. No roll, plays long. Greens are incredible. Big mature trees.

You should see IlesMere. Sorter but as beautiful. You should see the trees there.

Mike

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Not to stir up trouble, but I found Eagle Creek conditions to be worse in 2007 than they were in 2006.

Bear in mind, I only played the course once each year. (august 06, forum fun day I forget what month 07)
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    Not to stir up trouble, but I found Eagle Creek conditions to be worse in 2007 than they were in 2006.

Bear in mind, I only played the course once each year. (august 06, forum fun day I forget what month 07)
    I don’t doubt that. I’m not saying that CL is god or anything like that. I have my issues with them. But new ownership and staff takes a while to settle. I am not concerned with that since the majority of CL course are impeccable.

Thread Information