100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar

Cally ERC's vs Regular Cally's

Ok for the sake of making myself sound really dumb here !!! Can anyone tell me the difference between the Callaway ERC clubs and the regular Callaway clubs. I have noticed that the ERC's seem to be alot cheaper than the others. Any help in understanding this would be appreciated!!!
    Never dreamt I would ever get so hooked on this game!!

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    if its an ERC+ then its non-conforming and.. and therfor cheaper. I could be wrong
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kerisb View Post
    Ok for the sake of making myself sound really dumb here !!! Can anyone tell me the difference between the Callaway ERC clubs and the regular Callaway clubs. I have noticed that the ERC's seem to be alot cheaper than the others. Any help in understanding this would be appreciated!!!
    are you talking about the irons? drivers? japanese lines of erc? can you be more specific? other than the non confirming erc vs conforming as last poster said, not sure which you are talking about.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Golf Pigette of the Year 07,08 kerisb is on a distinguished road kerisb's Avatar
    Mostly the ERC driver's on ebay, they seem much cheaper than all the other cally driver's. Just thought it might be a distinct name for a kind of cally club, never knew what the ERC stood for?

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kerisb View Post
    Mostly the ERC driver's on ebay, they seem much cheaper than all the other cally driver's. Just thought it might be a distinct name for a kind of cally club, never knew what the ERC stood for?
    E - Eli
    R - Reeves
    C - Callaway

The founder.

The erc was made mostly in non conforming mode, but also in conforming. Due to the non conforming factor and alot of bad karma when the governing golf bodies were fighting over not allowing it in play due to exceeding the c.o.r. at the time
    so resale is low even though it was a good club.

http://www.golftoday.co.uk/news/year.../callaway.html

plus another interesting one covering his death and how he started in wine then in golf and his ideas etc. Interesting.
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2001/...way010705.html
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Hi Kerry,
    I think my wife demoed one a few years back and did not like it at all.It made a rather dull sound as if hitting the ball with piece of wood.They were fairly cheap back then,so if you buy one dont pay too much for it.Hope this helps a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkhark View Post
    E - Eli
    R - Reeves
    C - Callaway

The founder.

The erc was made mostly in non conforming mode, but also in conforming. Due to the non conforming factor and alot of bad karma when the governing golf bodies were fighting over not allowing it in play due to exceeding the c.o.r. at the time
    so resale is low even though it was a good club.

http://www.golftoday.co.uk/news/year.../callaway.html

plus another interesting one covering his death and how he started in wine then in golf and his ideas etc. Interesting.
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2001/...way010705.html

Thanks, sharkhark.....now I am just that much more tempted to get one and try one out. Anyone who knows me, knows I like the unusual stuff, so now gotta find a cheap one to try. And yes very interesting reading indeed!!!! Thanks, again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Hi Kerry,
    I think my wife demoed one a few years back and did not like it at all.It made a rather dull sound as if hitting the ball with piece of wood.They were fairly cheap back then,so if you buy one dont pay too much for it.Hope this helps a bit.
    No worries Marcos, if it is not a good deal, I won't by it,I am definitely a bargain hunter!!

Thread Information