CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Shagging Balls Gapwedge is on a distinguished road Gapwedge's Avatar

Delayed FedEx Bill for Shipment from Custom Shop

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this.

Just before Christmas I received my refinished SD1.5 (charcoal mist) from the shop. It was delivered within 24 hours of leaving California and is absolutely amazing. (Yes Tom - this is one of your old ones)

Then, this Friday, I get a bill from FedEx stating I owe them GST/PST for the "tax value as shipped". I called them to complain, but they had already closed for the weekend.

When I call on Monday, my basic message will be: "Hey, this was shipped for repair. I already paid GST/PST when I bought it (okay, Tom did on my behalf). I should not have to pay GST/PST again."

Anyone else have this experience?
    ________
    Sex tube
    Last edited by Gapwedge; 02-22-2011 at 03:36 AM.

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    I sent back 2 putter heads for reshaft, grip and COA's and didn't pay. Make sure that you pick "express" or whatever the fastest shipping method is...they usually don't have as much time to log things into the computer. (my putters arrived at my door with 30 hours of being shipped from the CS)

As for arguing, they can still charge you taxes on the restoration cost as it is "value added" but not on the value of the putter.

For everyhing that could possibly incur a very large tax bill, shipping to the UPS store in Odgensburg is an option that you may wish to investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by atomic View Post
    Make sure that you pick "express" or whatever the fastest shipping method is...
    This was done. I was actually impressed on the speed of delivery - less than 24 hours elapsed time (even after accounting for the time change).
    ________
    Cheap vaporizers

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    Did you keep your original shipping bill/invoice? As long as you can prove that you sent it in, they shouldn't be able to bill you again.

Quote Originally Posted by atomic View Post
    Did you keep your original shipping bill/invoice? As long as you can prove that you sent it in, they shouldn't be able to bill you again.
    I just pulled it out earlier this morning. I shipped it UPS (closer to my home). It is clearly marked "for repair / fix". I will also download the order history from the Scotty site to link the two.
    ________
    Marijuana indica

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I've shipped two putters to the CS. The first one came back with no charge. My last one came back with taxes charged on the insurance value of the putter, which was almost three times the cost of the work. I appealed, and they have said they will refund me, but I think only for the difference in taxes between the insurance value and the cost of the work.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    My putter came back from the CS pre-paid. No extra charges at all. This was 1 year ago.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Update

I called FedEx today and when I explained the item was returned for repair, they suspected the problem was likely on the shipper side - in that the package was probably improperly marked for customs clearance. They asked for a copy of the waybill I used to ship the original item (which I faxed to them). They then indicated they would review the additional documentation and render a decision and inform me of the outcome.

I didn't like that last bit very much. I informed them that since the error was likely on the shipper side, I do not appreciate having to defend the inappropriateness of an invoice for unpaid costs for a service I did not directly contract. To be clear: if what I am sending you is not appropriate - take it up with the shipper.

We'll see where it goes from here.
    ________
    KAWASAKI EN450A

Baxter
    All items are shipped FedEx and always arrive no later than 2 days from the Shop most are with in a day. It surprised me on my 1st order, than every other one arrives in the same time frame. I than looked at my bill and the $45.00 for return shipping charged by the shop should get it to me fast.

As for the tax being charged, You must pay the tax(GST) on any work done on any item out side the Country unless it was and is a Defect from the Dealer in your case it was not a defect it was caused damaged. Call Canada Customs they will fill you in. The time wasted with Fedex/Canada Customs will be more than the bill owed.

Fedex also charges a service charge to clients that do not have an account. I think it's around $10.00 to $14.00 depending on the value of the item.

When you marked your package as damaged / sent for repair - what that does - It makes sure the receiver on the other end pays no duties or tax as they are fixing your item and returning it to you. Does nothing for you on the return shipping.
    I have all my USA Clients mark this on any items being sent back to me or returned. They come in tax and duty free.

I have had to pay GST and the service fee on putters coming back to me from the Spa. I just opened an account to avoid this in the future. You can go to fedex.ca and open one up. It's simple.

I hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bullis View Post
    You must pay the tax(GST) on any work done on any item out side the Country
    FedEx has also invoiced me for PST. And why the difference in experience from what others have seen (Dan has paid no tax)?
    ________
    Chevrolet Straight-4 Engine

Baxter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gapwedge View Post
    FedEx has also invoiced me for PST. And why the difference in experience from what others have seen (Dan has paid no tax)?
    I have no idea as to why they charge what they charge on invoices.
    I've had putters come in from the Shop and received no bills and others I get billed. The same thing on Shirts and Headcovers.
    I can't figure it out and have not called about that as I did not want them to find an error and say I owe them for the ones that arrived with nothing owing.

Thread Information