CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar

Scotty's new Studio Selects

They sure look nice, come in both right and left, in all lengths. Coming soon to a store near you.

http://www.titleist.com/news/newsdet...ory=golf_clubs

Known entity lms is on a distinguished road lms's Avatar
    Some pics.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I love that they're coming with red cords, but I wish you could buy a weight kit. I'm sure we will be able to in time, but too bad you have to custom order straight off the bat. I'll be getting a 35/340g NP2 with a red cord. And I'll be getting it as soon as the lefties are available.

I Just Won't Leave big easy is on a distinguished road
    Lack of inspiration IMO...

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big easy View Post
    Lack of inspiration IMO...
    Agreed.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    I have to agree as well. While I like a lot of Scotty's stuff, I also find that a lot of the off the rack stuff is same ol' same ol'. Apart from stampings, I can't tell a lot of his stuff apart.

A Newport is already by definition a heel/toe weighted putter. What's the point of showing the weight when it is already there but hidden into the design of the club???... Putting is already a mental/confidence thing... I wouldn't want to add in the equation the opportunity of changing the weights....

Must be Single Txxxxxxx is on a distinguished road Txxxxxxx's Avatar
    A Newport is already by definition a heel/toe weighted putter. What's the point of showing the weight when it is already there but hidden into the design of the club???... Putting is already a mental/confidence thing... I wouldn't want to add in the equation the opportunity of changing the weights....
    I was wondering the same. I'm not sure what the point of the screw weight being shown.

I don't think there's a point to the weights being shown other than it's a function of the design. They allow him to produce one head per model, but still have it custom fit for weight and length, instead of producing three different weighted heads for each model. This is the first time we'll be able to get custom weight in any putter head we choose in the line. Heavier heads have normally been restricted to one model (usually the NP2) out of the whole line up. This is a big step forward, IMO.

Got My Card btasse is on a distinguished road btasse's Avatar
    Also read that SC has not decided whether they will allow customers to buy and change weights themselves. It my be a custom shop upgrade. So it's not like you buy a putter and you adjust the weights yourself cause there are no other weights to switch to.

Golfing only thing on my mind.......

Agree. Been proven that anybody that has bought clubs with adjustable weights wont use them once they are set. The thing is with these putters you dont get adjustable weights. Scotty figured a way to mass produce one head (instead of 3) and throw in some weights to give the equivalent of 3 heads.

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    I don't know about most people, but I LOVE the triple cherry bomb look. Cosmetic upgrade? Yes abosolutely!

But even if the putter head is mostly the same as existing Newport heads, the ability to change weights is going to make a difference to me. If we have the ability to keep our putter, but adjust the weights (believe me, it will be possible eventually) you can tailor the putter to the condition and speed of the green, you don't have to change your putting stroke, only the weight of the putter head.

Just my .02.

Tom

Tom, rather than investing too much money in a new Cameron (Who Am I to say that anyway!), you should probably keep your money and always play courses with greens that are higher than 10 on the stimpmeter... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by atomic View Post
    I don't know about most people, but I LOVE the triple cherry bomb look. Cosmetic upgrade? Yes abosolutely!

But even if the putter head is mostly the same as existing Newport heads, the ability to change weights is going to make a difference to me. If we have the ability to keep our putter, but adjust the weights (believe me, it will be possible eventually) you can tailor the putter to the condition and speed of the green, you don't have to change your putting stroke, only the weight of the putter head.

Just my .02.

Tom

Like i said brefore nobody knows if you will be allowed to adjust the weights yourself. Apparently you may have to return the putter to the SC shop at a cost to remove/put new weights + shipping + insurance + duties on the way back. I would say about $125.
    Scotty likes to do extra work on all the putters he sells....... More money for him.

Quote Originally Posted by btasse View Post
    Scotty likes to do extra work on all the putters he sells....... More money for him.
    He likes to sell stuff too, even more money for him. I'd be shocked if we don't eventually see weight kits sold. There are far more people who would buy a weight kit than there are people who would send a putter off for a weight change.

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    Well, I guess that for the weights, you just have to start planning ahead. I'm trying to get my hands on a couple of detours or newport detours with the appropriate weights. I should be able to get a putter to face balance based on a heavier weight in the heel to counter the toe. I'll update everyone in spring when my triple cherry bombs arrives. And yes, Steph and btasse, you can both try it.

Quote Originally Posted by atomic View Post
    And yes, Steph and btasse, you can both try it.

Thread Information