100 Holes of Hope

View Poll Results: February 19th, does Downey play?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 81.25%
  • No

3 18.75%
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar

Sens/Flyers 2/19, Downie yes or no?

Well, now that Steve Downie has "worked" his way into the Flyers lineup, Sens fans are counting the days until the new Broadstreet Bullies come back to town, and Public Enemy #1 gets to taste the Sens' wrath.

Simple question, do the Flyers put Downey in the lineup that night, or do they send him down, or find some "excuse" to make him a scratch?
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Of course he plays..... Flyers love the intimidation factor and it sure will make a few Sens have their head up looking for him when he is on the ice!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Forum Jedi Weazl is on a distinguished road Weazl's Avatar
    McGrattan drops him in period 1 and all is forgotten.
    Lots of yoga pants these days, not enough Yoga!

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge View Post
    Well, now that Steve Downie has "worked" his way into the Flyers lineup, Sens fans are counting the days until the new Broadstreet Bullies come back to town, and Public Enemy #1 gets to taste the Sens' wrath.

Simple question, do the Flyers put Downey in the lineup that night, or do they send him down, or find some "excuse" to make him a scratch?
    Yes they could care less.They are probable hoping that Ottawa will go after him instead of worrying about the game.I think Ottawa's coaching staff will have them be smart about it and pick their place.Unless its a blow out then watch out.

3 Wood nhwott5 is on a distinguished road
    of course he plays, why not, liek he wodl be scard you think? when has any teanm come into Ottaw and been scared of the physical game, ottawa still does not have it to muschle other teams around.
    hey play mcgratten, i bet philly would love that, play him a lot, the more he is out there the better the chances are philly will score, he is a liability on the ice so if philly can scare ottawa into playing him more, good on them

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nhwott5 View Post
    hey play mcgratten, i bet philly would love that, play him a lot, the more he is out there the better the chances are philly will score,
    IF Grats is in the line-up he's not going to get anymore ice time than he would in any other game he's dressed for. Paddock isn't an idiot, so he's not about to worry about a punk like Downie and forget about the getting the two points.
    It could be on February 19th, could be before, could be after, but eventually someone is going to feed Downie his lunch.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    I think he'll get Mike Fishered
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    It could be on February 19th, could be before, could be after, but eventually someone is going to feed Downie his lunch.
    Agreed, and with any luck it will be through a straw

3 Wood nhwott5 is on a distinguished road
    well is sure wasn't yesterday,

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    I doubt he'll be in the lineup tonight. The Flyers say he's day-to-day with a mild concussion. Says he hit his head on the ice in Monreal on Saturday. Likely story...
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    if he's healthy they will have him in the line-up for sure. The only reason he is playing for the big boys is they feel he gives them a better chance to win, so i don't think they would keep him out unless he is still suffering symptoms.

Maybe the mild concussion is just him saying "I will have a mild concussion if i actually have to go against McGrattan/Neil" so he is thinking ahead and dealing with the symptoms before they happen!!

Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk View Post
    Maybe the mild concussion is just him saying "I will have a mild concussion if i actually have to go against McGrattan/Neil" so he is thinking ahead and dealing with the symptoms before they happen!!
    That's what I was thinking!

Thread Information