CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar

New Taylormade Golf Balls

Has anyone tried to the TM golf balls? Are they any good?

Nationwide Player Section Thirty One is on a distinguished road Section Thirty One's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quinner View Post
    Has anyone tried to the TM golf balls? Are they any good?
    Apparently the Burner TP balls are rebadged Maxfli Tour Fires. If they are anything like the Tour Fires, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. They are a 3-piece ball, with an "almost" urethane cover to offer decent spin around the greens.

1 Iron golfmajic is on a distinguished road
    Check out Golf Magazine, the Feb issue. The article is entitled "Revealed: The BEST BALL FOR YOU! We tested 54 balls so you can find the perfect one based on your handicap, shot patterns, club head speed, scoring tendencies and what you are willing to pay".

I for one found this very interesting stuff, it shows distance hit, spin rates and all sorts of good stuff for each ball tested and yes they did do some TM balls.

Sand Wedge randle_solo is on a distinguished road
    The TP Reds are just as comparable to the Pro-Vs. A CPGA buddy that I constantly golf with enjoys them. He had boxes of these and was previously playing Pro-Vs until midsummer. Pro-Vs are still his preference, granted those are the ones that his teaching academy purchases, but he uses the TPs too. I've found the TPs to be a good ball for me since I only swing mainly around 90-95 mph. Spin is just as good with the 7-PW and SM 56*, 60* wedges which are just like hitting Pro-Vs.

Quote Originally Posted by golfmajic View Post
    Check out Golf Magazine, the Feb issue. The article is entitled "Revealed: The BEST BALL FOR YOU! We tested 54 balls so you can find the perfect one based on your handicap, shot patterns, club head speed, scoring tendencies and what you are willing to pay".

I for one found this very interesting stuff, it shows distance hit, spin rates and all sorts of good stuff for each ball tested and yes they did do some TM balls.
    Becareful with the information here. Having been on a launch monitor numerous times for driver fitting & irons, the launch angles and spin rates vary quite drastically for a lot of people. For instance the launch angle in the article can be a little low those who are used to a launch angle of 14-16* with a SS of 92-97 MPH. Just my 2 cents.

1 Iron golfmajic is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by randle_solo View Post
    Becareful with the information here. Having been on a launch monitor numerous times for driver fitting & irons, the launch angles and spin rates vary quite drastically for a lot of people. For instance the launch angle in the article can be a little low those who are used to a launch angle of 14-16* with a SS of 92-97 MPH. Just my 2 cents.
    Check out the article, they used same clubs, different swing speeds and the same machine to do the testing (not a person hitting balls). This all gives a scientific controlled base line. I suggest that this method of testing is more constant than any person swinging a club on a launch monitor. Use the information as a base line, they do suggest you pick some of the different recommended balls and find the one you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by golfmajic View Post
    Check out the article, they used same clubs, different swing speeds and the same machine to do the testing (not a person hitting balls). This all gives a scientific controlled base line. I suggest that this method of testing is more constant than any person swinging a club on a launch monitor. Use the information as a base line, they do suggest you pick some of the different recommended balls and find the one you prefer.
    I second your point of view and not disputing it.

But you and I know that for the average joe and jane, they need a higher launch angle (15-16*) & spinrate (+3200) than the one listed by the machine to benefit in the air/straightness on a course.

Which brings us back to the conversation, my recommended ball is the TP Red and eventually I'll try the Burner TP. The old Revolution Tour ball was my preference for a long time and still have a box of these around. The Pro-Vs are an excellent ball to play, but I can't justify the price for myself. Others who can are welcome to.

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    What's the difference between the old TP Red and new(2008) TP Red ball...besides the price?

Thread Information