CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar
    Ya, I saw that too. Was surprised Aikman didn't mention it.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Opening spread for next week-end.

San Diego +14,5
    Giants +7

Wow...this is high...

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    I can't believe the Colts and Cowboys both lost, WOW!
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    I'm shocked the Chargers beat the Colts, really shocked. I actually thought the Colts were going to win the Super Bowl this year, their defense has been great when healthy. Rivers was really good today, I was impressed. I hope he's healthy in time for the game next week, if he isn't it's going to be a slaughter.

Baxter
    Damn Cowboys lost today to the Giants...That had to be some of the worst play calling I has seen in years..The Giants are dying in the secondary and the Cowboys can't call 8 yard plays and eat them up all day.
    Offside 3 times giving the Giants 1st downs...All 3 times the Giants get points out of the drive after stopping the 3rd down play.......If it was any other Team Playing today I would say the NFL wanted the NY Giants going another round in the Playoff's.

O' well 2 first round picks this year...Can you say CB and O lineman/ maybe WR

At least the Owner will try and make them better for next year....Come on August 08

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!

Buh Bye Peyton!!

I didn't see many Charger predictions in this thread - gotta love a good upset, especially when it involves Peyton Manning

Ahem, check out the opening post of this thread.....I believe I called it right.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hey Geoff, you were awesome at calling the games this week-end. Basically I think you had all 4 right on. Dallas was a close game and they screwd up at the end.

Pats all the way baby...

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    Hey Geoff, you were awesome at calling the games this week-end. Basically I think you had all 4 right on. Dallas was a close game and they screwd up at the end.

Pats all the way baby...

I missed the Giants/'Boys game. I was going to call the Giants, but figured the pressure would finally get to Eli. He and the team proved me wrong. Good on them. They'll have their hands full in GB though. There is no substitute for experience and confidence, and right now, GB has lots of both. Favre gives them the experience, and for a team still fairly new to each other, they are brimming with confidence right now, and rightfully so.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    Ahem, check out the opening post of this thread.....I believe I called it right.
    Re-read my statement GJ - I said Many not Any

You were one of the only ones calling the upset and Good on ya

Despite the Colts winning it last year, I still think that Peyton doesn't do a very good job in the "Big Game"

Hey guys, where are all the Brady bashers? What about the one that were head over heal about Peyton?

Pats all the way....

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Right here! I believe the correct term for me is a Hatriot. The Evil Empire must be stopped!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    Hey guys, where are all the Brady bashers? What about the one that were head over heal about Peyton?

Pats all the way....
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    Right here! I believe the correct term for me is a Hatriot. The Evil Empire must be stopped!!!!!!!!!!!
    Everybody hates a winner............Tiger, the Pats.........

I bet some of you guys routed for Solomon Grundy and Dr. Octopus because you hated Superman and Spiderman

I always root for the good guys! The Patriots, my friend, haven't been the good guys for a while now.

Everybody hates a winner............Tiger, the Pats.........

I bet some of you guys routed for Solomon Grundy and Dr. Octopus because you hated Superman and Spiderman

I always root for the good guys! The Patriots, my friend, haven't been the good guys for a while now.
    Why do you say that though Donny? Because they win way more than they lose? Because the coach feels that his job is to coach the team and not be a sound bite machine for the press?

The list is long my friend. Don't like anything about that team, even if they are one of the greatest of all time. To me they are the Maple Leafs of the NFL (except they win unfortunately). I'll never jump on their bandwagon, but I'll respect their place in history if they go undefeated.

Why do you say that though Donny? Because they win way more than they lose? Because the coach feels that his job is to coach the team and not be a sound bite machine for the press?

The list is long my friend. Don't like anything about that team, even if they are one of the greatest of all time. To me they are the Maple Leafs of the NFL (except they win unfortunately). I'll never jump on their bandwagon, but I'll respect their place in history if they go undefeated.
    Fair enough mon ami - I guess I can't strip you of you right to your own opinion

But Mr. Kraft makes such yummy Peanut Butter - that has to count for something

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    They are nothing like the Maple Leafs. First, the owner actually cares about the fans. Second, the owner has assembled a team of players who actually know how to win. Third, as you have pointed out, they actually win.

While you may not like them, many of us have been fans long before their success. A lot of us were Sox fans as well. We were used to disappointment. NFL players actually want to play for the Pats. In fact, it's been said that some players have accepted less money than they might have been able to earn elsewhere. Why? Because they are happy playing with a bunch of guys who think of the team first - a novel concept, I know, but it seems to work.

One last point. These guys are fun to watch. They actually think, in a quiet, non-arrogant way, that they can always find a way to win. You have to admire that positive attitude.

Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mpare View Post
    They are nothing like the Maple Leafs. First, the owner actually cares about the fans. Second, the owner has assembled a team of players who actually know how to win. Third, as you have pointed out, they actually win.

While you may not like them, many of us have been fans long before their success. A lot of us were Sox fans as well. We were used to disappointment. NFL players actually want to play for the Pats. In fact, it's been said that some players have accepted less money than they might have been able to earn elsewhere. Why? Because they are happy playing with a bunch of guys who think of the team first - a novel concept, I know, but it seems to work.

One last point. These guys are fun to watch. They actually think, in a quiet, non-arrogant way, that they can always find a way to win. You have to admire that positive attitude.
    I tell ya what, even though I'm not a fan of the Pats, they sure have made the most out of Brady's big break back in 2001. The stars were definitely aligned. What if Bledsoe doesn't get hurt, and they don't go on to win the Super Bowl? Maybe Bledsoe continues as the starter and has a couple more decent seasons, and Brady rots on the bench and loses interest, or gets traded. Who knows? I wonder just how many good/great quarterbacks have come and gone from the league sheerly because of the numbers game. Tom Brady has absolutely made the most of his opportunty, and he probably gets extreme satisfaction from beating guys with the pedigree of Payton Manning, and the like. For that alone, he deserves all the "props" he can get.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Don't forget the worst call in NFL playoff history during the Oakland game. Still makes me shake my head.

Yep, all Patriot fans should thank Mo Lewis and send him a christmas card.

Don't forget the worst call in NFL playoff history during the Oakland game. Still makes me shake my head.

Ahhhhhh, now the truth comes out

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar

Ahhhhhh, now the truth comes out
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Hall of Fame jonf is on a distinguished road jonf's Avatar

Come on Donny, that's a cop out and you know it. You know as well as any that every team who wins a championship gets some lucky breaks along the way. YOu don't dominate the way the Pats have on the basis of luck.

Don't get me started on the conspiracy theory that the NFL wanted the "PATRIOTS" to win the year of 9/11!!!!!

(I'm kidding)

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Just because the other thread is going cold, I thought I'd remind you all that the 1985 Bears beat the 1985 Patriots 46-10 (I think) & I am going to find youtube link to the Pats super lame retort song to the Bears superbowl shuffle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INBayZpjeSY
    Last edited by Sakuraba; 01-17-2008 at 09:32 AM. Reason: found it!
    Andrew

Thread Information