CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Organizer bags

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road

Organizer bags

Hi folks,

I'm looking to buy a new bag and would like to get something that would help organizing the clubs better. Right now I have a cheapo Canadian Tire bag that leaves my clubs all tangled up after a few holes, so ideally the new bag would have some sort of individual club compartaments. Any recommendations?

Cheers,
    Krolik.

8 Iron RobC is on a distinguished road
    First, decide between whether you want to carry your clubs, in which case you'd want a stand bag, or pull or ride, in which case you'd want a cart bag of some sort.

Once you've made that decision, there are a lot of bags on the market. To me, it's a good idea to have enough dividers in the bag to separate irons from woods, and it's nice to have a "putter well" (separate place for putter only) if you have an expensive putter you don't want to be battered around with any other clubs. I recommend that you get a bag with at least 5 or 6 divided areas. I keep my clubs in a 5 compartment Taylor Made cart bag like this: 3 wedges together; 9 iron and a 4th wedge together; 6,7 and 8 irons together; 4 and 5 iron and 7 wood together; 3 wood and driver together; and, putter in separate well (6th compartment) for a total of 14 clubs (max allowed under RCGA rules).

A company called Ogio (www.ogio.com) makes some great bags with a patented divider system, but they're pricy. I've also seen great bags made by TNT or Fairway which are available any where here. All the major brands in golf also make good bags. if you get a carry bag, ensure you get a good quality strap system (Izzo is good) that is easy to get on and off and is comfortable. Ensure also you have enough pockets for what you plan to take with you on the course.

A good place to see many different bags is the PGA Tour Shop at www.pgatour.com. Go to that Website then look at the bottom for a link to the shop. If you don't care about brand name, there's a place in Stittsville (19th something or other) that sells bags for good prices.

Good luck.
    "Successful people appear to have blinders on. They go forward...know exactly what they're going to do...and by God they don't look sideways." - Jack Nicklaus

2 Iron yun is on a distinguished road

organizers

Hi,
    I had the same problem a little while ago with my bag, but I bought a bunch of plastic tubes about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and put them in my bag - you can fit at 14 in your bag. You can find these at walmart for like 75 cents a tube in their 'golf' section. This has worked great for me. You might want to give this a try.

Yun

alice
    Quote Originally Posted by yun
    Hi,
    I had the same problem a little while ago with my bag, but I bought a bunch of plastic tubes about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and put them in my bag - you can fit at 14 in your bag. You can find these at walmart for like 75 cents a tube in their 'golf' section. This has worked great for me. You might want to give this a try.

Yun
    Only problem with those plastic tubes is that your clubs will not dry very well should any moisture get in. Your grips will also deteriorate much quicker. When I worked in the proshop at my local club growing up, the head pro used to tell members to get rid of those plastic tubes.

If you were to take your clubs out and dry them properly if they get wet then the tubes would help organize. Just wanted to let you know.

3 Wood wopstergolf is on a distinguished road wopstergolf's Avatar
    there's a big company called Datrek that not everyone has heard of. I've used they're bags for quite some time now, and I think they're great. Most of the higher models come with individual dividers that go all the way down to the bottom of the bag. They are the ultimate in organization

Thread Information