100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OVGA Schedule

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road

OVGA Schedule

For those interested, the 2008 OVGA schedule is now posted on their website.

http://www.ovga.org/mens_schedule.htm

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Does anyone know how the OVGA works? How do I get signed up for an event. I am a member at HP and from reading the site it sounds like I have to talk to my mens' captain or something. It also sounds like just because I sign up to play I am not garaunteed a spot based on the spot available.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I was looking at the schedule, and the links to last year's scores at some of the events. check out the B Class Field day results for June 4, 2007 at Arnprior: I'll admit 860 is a tough score, but its a net 850.
    Andrew

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    Each course has a rep for OVGA events and it may be the club captain or another member. Posters should be up in early spring for each event. They'll usually have the sign up sheets available that have to be into the ovga office with payment by a specific date or you won't be entered. They usually allow a certain number of spots for new people to enter although most spots will be filled by guys that have been playing and are on the ladder. Other than a few events the last couple of years it wouldn't have been a problem getting in.

The huge numbers are there when someone didn't finish or were dq'd.

Check with your captain at the beginning of the year and make sure he knows you're interested in entering the events.

Caddy Thunder is on a distinguished road
    Thanks B.C. It's nice to see a change in courses. outawais will be fun for the Match play, and Upper Canada and Royal for the Cities is great too. Come on summer.
    THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Thanks B.C. It's nice to see a change in courses. outawais will be fun for the Match play, and Upper Canada and Royal for the Cities is great too. Come on summer.
    I hear summer came early for some in Syracuse this week.

Caddy Thunder is on a distinguished road
    Yes it did...and it was fantastic. LMK if you ever want to go down. We just do the day trip. Leave at 8 and home by 8. Courses are pretty good too. Especially the greens which is really all that matters.
    THUNDER

Driver Adska is on a distinguished road
    I didn't even know you could play golf anywhere remotely close in the winter. BC, we should get a group of us to go!

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Back to the topic please.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quinner View Post
    Does anyone know how the OVGA works? How do I get signed up for an event. I am a member at HP and from reading the site it sounds like I have to talk to my mens' captain or something. It also sounds like just because I sign up to play I am not garaunteed a spot based on the spot available.
    Quinner, the posters are in the men’s locker room at HP. You can then go see Jean and he will take the cheque and validate your HDCP. Then you will have to wait and see if you make the HDCP cut depending on the straight of the field.

Mike
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Quote Originally Posted by Adska View Post
    I didn't even know you could play golf anywhere remotely close in the winter. BC, we should get a group of us to go!
    Yep, my brother-in-law is in Ithaca NY one-hour south of Syracuse. It’s considerably hotter then Ottawa with a lot less snow. It was 70d at some point last week.

Sorry BC, back to topic

So depending on the strength of the field they won't allow certain handicaps to enter?

That's right.
    Mike

I am currently have an idex of 12. Hopefully going to bring it down this year. Got the first full season out of the way.

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    The 'B' class is above 8 hdcp (can't remember what the upper limit is). At 12, you should not have too much trouble making the draw if it is index restricted. The biggest issue is getting on their "draw" list in the first place. As I mentioned before the A class events have been somewhat undersubscribed of late, but I am not sure on the B events. If you don't make the first draw, call them and get put on a waiting list. Once you are in, you are in and make pretty much every draw you sign up for.

I will have to do that then. Thanks of the heads up guys. Hoping to meet some of you this Sunday at the NCGT event.

Looks like the OVGA has it in for the senior players.

They have extended the Senior Championship to two rounds, but they are both played on the same day. Eighteen holes at Mississippi, drive to Renfrew and play 18 more. Is Renfrew illuminated? Watch, they will make a condition of competition that we all have to walk. Supper and presentations will be at midnight, in the Renfrew County Hospital, geriatric ward..

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    I hope for your guys sake that is a typo.....Let's see, shotgun start at 7am at Miss, finished by 12:30. Drive to Renfrew, shotgun start at 14:30, done by 20:00.

Have fun, bring a caddie!

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Gotta be a typo.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    On the schedule I had received some time ago they have it Monday at Mississippi and Tuesday at Renfrew. I guess that's the first typo they've ever made on a schedule.

Thread Information