100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road

Hautes Plaines...

Ok, so am I the only one who thinks that Hautes Plaines is a really good golf course that offers a good challenge?

Maybe I am missing something, but it seems to have a bit of everything.

I am curious what others think about the course...

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    love it. there was a long thread about this last year as well. its' love/hate.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Lovely target golf layout. Beautiful views. Rewards great golf. Severly punishes mistakes. Bring your "A" game. Last time I was there I was +1 after 7 holes. Then Mr Shanks came for a visit. Not a good place for the shanks.

Love / hate for sure.

When it was the "Dome" I called it "DOH". Now I call it "Haute PAINS"
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Got My Card btasse is on a distinguished road btasse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfisforfun View Post
    Ok, so am I the only one who thinks that Hautes Plaines is a really good golf course that offers a good challenge?

Maybe I am missing something, but it seems to have a bit of everything.

I am curious what others think about the course...
    It's an "OK" golf course with great greens.............
    Golfing only thing on my mind.......

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    I joined there last year and I enjoy playing there more than I do anywhere else. You have to hit the ball well and when the greens are playing fast you have to putt even better. I think it's one of the most underated courses around, particularly in Clublink. Can't wait for this season.
    Last edited by quinner; 01-09-2008 at 11:39 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot and English shouldn't be my first language. :)

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    As posted last year,it is a beautifull layout that you never get tired of.Very challenging course for all except if you tend to be wild with the big stick off the tee.Greens are always great and its downtown Hull only 10 min. away from Ottawa.Its a great course to play good iron shots and challenge you.It is indeed a love, hate type of course and i love it.

Hybrid harbacostal is on a distinguished road
    I like it but I have not played it often enough to really score well. It is definitely a target golf course. And if you have the shanks you should just pack up and head home. It is punishing if you are not hitting the fairways and greens. All in all I like it, it's a good test for a hacker of my talents.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I have played it about 30 times, its great if you like the mental part of the game, concentrating, and swearing.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hybrid harbacostal is on a distinguished road
    I'm currently taking some French training. My buddy and I went to play there and got hooked up with a couple of French guys. I asked them if they'd mind if I practised my French on them. They said no problem....Somewhere around the 12th hole I shanked a tee shot badly. I stared swearing (in French I might add) and the pair of them were on the ground they were laughing so hard. They told me I was truly using French now...funny stuff.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    It’s a great course. I’m a member there for who knows how long. Great challenge. Most people don’t like it cause they lose too many golf balls or can’t score. It’s target golf at its finest.

Lots of good players have joined HP in the last few years and their HDCPs have crashed because of its difficulty. I must say that the course is borderline fair/unfair and extremely frustrating at times.

Mike
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    My only real frustration with that place is when they have the greens at lightning speed and have the pins in US Open locations. Like the Club championship, day one, on #2 and #11. Watched a guy 8 putt on #2. Almost made me cry.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quinner View Post
    My only real frustration with that place is when they have the greens at lightning speed and have the pins in US Open locations. Like the Club championship, day one, on #2 and #11. Watched a guy 8 putt on #2. Almost made me cry.
    Ya Cool!!!
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Thread Information