CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No willpower!!!

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar

No willpower!!!

O.K. I told my boss to stop the sun from shining and he didn't so it's his fault I'm taking a half days vacation today to play some sloppy golf. I know I will regret this come November when I run out of vacation days but it may hit 70 and that's not going to happen too often in January so I'm gone. I think I'll try my 2 new drivers and give them a test drive or two, I think I may have a bit more than 14 clubs during this round. I'll let you know the outcome of this adventure

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    I don't blame you for wanting to get out... but won't it be really wet? I hope it's not too sloppy.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Frank Frank Frank, Ottawa is definitely not the place to be looking for sympathy over having to use 1/2 a vacation day to golf in January!
    Have a good time my friend, sloppy or not! Make sure you pickup an extra scorecard for Foxman!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hopelessly Addicted fireice is on a distinguished road fireice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Frank Frank Frank, Ottawa is definitely not the place to be looking for sympathy over having to use 1/2 a vacation day to golf in January!
    Have a good time my friend, sloppy or not! Make sure you pickup an extra scorecard for Foxman!
    That's for sure. Did see patches of grass at Manderley though, have fun

Practice Pig ironmaster15213 is on a distinguished road ironmaster15213's Avatar
    Just got in to work again, had a great time playing today, joined up with two elderly men (Don and Mike). Hit some not so good drives that wound up behind trees but the short game was on fire. Wound up shooting 38 on the front and 35 on the back for a 73 total, course was rated 68.1/115 so it was no Oakmont. The knee only bothered me a little after the tee shot on 15 so that was great considering that I walked the 18 holes. It also cost less than 20 dollars for 18 holes, pull cart and a candy bar, Woo Woo.... had 13 GIR's and 3 up and downs on the 5 greens I missed. Really looking forward to spring and I'll be working on my leg work in the meantime. I can't believe that I played that whole round without getting mud on my pants??? It was a little messy and everything was plugging but man was it fun. Hope you guys get some nice days up your way so you can enjoy a half day off also.

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaster15213 View Post
    Just got in to work again, had a great time playing today, joined up with two elderly men (Don and Mike). Hit some not so good drives that wound up behind trees but the short game was on fire. Wound up shooting 38 on the front and 35 on the back for a 73 total, course was rated 68.1/115 so it was no Oakmont. The knee only bothered me a little after the tee shot on 15 so that was great considering that I walked the 18 holes. It also cost less than 20 dollars for 18 holes, pull cart and a candy bar, Woo Woo.... had 13 GIR's and 3 up and downs on the 5 greens I missed. Really looking forward to spring and I'll be working on my leg work in the meantime. I can't believe that I played that whole round without getting mud on my pants??? It was a little messy and everything was plugging but man was it fun. Hope you guys get some nice days up your way so you can enjoy a half day off also.
    Good on you Frank but make sure you keep enough vacation fso you can attend the Forum Fun day(s)! your room and the cat, will be available as usual!
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Thread Information