+ Reply to Thread
    3 Iron donh is on a distinguished road donh's Avatar

Best 4-man scramble score

Hello folks,
    Something new for this morning... What's the best 4-man scramble score you've heard about?

I'll start this off by saying that I played in the final Chez106 Fairways to Heaven event out at the Upper Canada Golf Course yesterday. We had no wind, and fortunately, no rain! I didn't get a chance to see the group that won, but our group shot 65 (-7) but we played average. We had a couple of par-saves that were in the 18-24 ft range.

Anyhow the group of four young fellows included a couple of guys who "played ball really well" according to the other three members of my group. They admitted later on, that they had not seen the course before yesterday. Their score .... 56 (-16). This included three pars and one eagle on a par-5.

Out group kicked this one around the table for quite a while before giving the "young lads" the benefit of the doubt. However, a pair of 28s fired on that course seemed on the surface to be a little contrived... No?

Anyone else??
    Thanks for the screen-time.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    -9 to -11 usually has a very good chance in a scramble.
    -16 would require some very good golfers, not just good luck.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    I played in a scramble at the Canadian a few years back and thought we did pretty good with a -13 but the winning team came in at -19. They had four very good golfers, including one that had recently set a course record at a local course. They eagled 2 or 3 of the par 5's.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    At a recent 4 man scramble with a team put together by the tournament committee (It was a work tournament and they wanted me to do some smooging (sp?)) we shot -13 while a team finished -14. A couple others were at -11
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

Shagging Balls jbrace is on a distinguished road jbrace's Avatar
    Every year in Kingston the Canadian Forces Base has a challenge where all the units put their four best guys in. Last year, our team won it with 57 (-15). The second place team was -13. We could have easily shot 55 or 54 as we all burned a few edges on some 10 footers. Granted, our worst player was an 8 handicap. We're set to defend our title this Moday...

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Looks like I was way off. Shows you the calibre of players that show up at scrambles I have played in
    I can certainly see four sub 8 handicap players going that low

Good luck on Monday jbrace

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

Talking it can go low

It can go low if the four players have good iron play. The putting will also be a factor. The closer that birdie try is the more you make.

As for par5 eagles..........long is good!!!
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

3 Wood golfdoc is on a distinguished road

Putting...

It really depends on the course, the shape of the greens and having a good putter.

I have played in many scrambles and finished better than -10 but it is all about putting. Having four chances at each putt makes the difference.

To do well, Par 5's have to be automatic birdies and maybe eagles. Then you need to birdie 4 or 5 par 4's and a couple 3's and there you go... -10 or better.

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road
    I've played in several scramble tournaments at a variety of local courses - Kanata, Pakenham, Meadows, Outaoais, Manderly, Chateau Cartier.

We've been fortunate to win a couple at -10 with teams of players consisting of 2 players around 10 handicap, one of about 18 and one around 24. Usually -14 to -16 is the number to beat in these type of fun, work related events and that is usually achieved with a team of 4 players in the 8-10 handicap range. I could see a team of 4 low handicap players shooting scores in the -18 to -20 range especially if they have the length to take a couple of goes at every par 5.

Driver natgolfer is on a distinguished road
    Late August Oaks of Cobden The Annual Poker Run-5 man scramble.

Our team was -16. Winner was -17.

I am not sure if they still have this, but there used to be a 36 hole, 4 man, scratch scramble at the Malone Golf Club for good money(Oops-prizes) where the winning scores were in the -28 to -30 range.
    Each group was allowed a professional if they wished.

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    AND if you want to add a really good golfer you might get results this one in today's paper.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

"Then, on Monday, Mike Weir was a guest of honour again, during the biennial Cougar Day at the Riverside Country Club. BYU usually organizes this fundraiser around alumnus Johnny Miller's schedule, but Weir was the main guy consulted this year.

Weir might not have played much recently, but it didn't show. He nearly made a double-eagle with a four iron on the par-five seventh hole, holed a pitch shot for a second eagle on the par-four 10th, and then holed a five-iron from 215 yards for a double eagle on the par-five 15th. That's seven under par for three holes!!!!
    No wonder he and his four amateur partners won the pro-am with a
    21-under-par score. Anybody who makes two eagles and a double eagle in one round is playing otherworldly golf. Weir was telling all his fellow BYU players about his double eagle. He told the Salt Lake Tribune, "My goal this year was to play a few less events, but really be ready to play each and every time I played. Right now, I feel really fresh. I'd like to sneak another win in here and finish out the year strong.""

Thread Information