100 Holes of Hope

View Poll Results: Will the Leafs make any changes in management?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - They will not make any management moves

5 25.00%
  • yes - Both GM & Coach will be gone

5 25.00%
  • yes - JFJ is history before trade deadline

3 15.00%
  • yes - JFJ will replace the coach

0 0%
  • yes- First the GM - then a new coach of the GM's choice

7 35.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    I think the Leaf's charter might have been very quiet on the way home last night... especially with all the teams Exec's on board......
    The Leaf's Suck but I sure do feel sorry for their fans who keep on selling out the place and get nothing in return
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    I think the Leaf's charter might have been very quiet on the way home last night... especially with all the teams Exec's on board......
    The Leaf's Suck but I sure do feel sorry for their fans who keep on selling out the place and get nothing in return

My God!!

Do I have to remind you about Rule #1-B AGAIN?!?

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    My God!!

Do I have to remind you about Rule #1-B AGAIN?!?
    What can I say, I need friends to play golf wih this summer so I have to suck up
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Putter Wes is on a distinguished road
    Ferguson is gone by the end of next week. Even though he is still here and has the ability to talk to other GM's the President won't let him do any trades. Why would they be looking for a new GM and let him do that. If they did and it was a bad trade then the President would look worse then Ferguson himself. I think they'll let him go even without having a replacement by the end of next week... prob. by this Sat. the 19th.

Ferguson and any GM that allows players to put a no-trade clause in their contract should be fired. This allows no change in your organization. It would be a lot better just to give them a extra year on their contract then do that. At least if you do that you still have the ability to trade them.

The Leafs need to decide what young players on their teams they are going to build the team around. I believe you will see Steen be their main player around this build. He has fantastic skating ability which all the top players have, has the skill with the puck and has the constant work ethic on the ice.

Players that definitely need to go are Sundin, Tucker, Antropov, Ponikarovsky, Kubina and McCabe. Now Sundin, Tucker and McCabe have no-trade clauses but I'm not sure about Kubina.

Sundin is a great Captain but he is at the end of his career and playing well. So might as well get something for him like what the Leafs did with Clark's trade.....thats where the Leafs got Sundin btw

Tucker isn't getting any younger either and his game doesn't fit the new NHL. His game is based around close quarter fighting over the puck with clutching and grabbing. Well if you do that now you get a penalty. I know many of you are saying look at his year last season and all the goals he scored. Well 99% of them were on the PP and in the same spot. Doesn't take long for other teams to figure out he's there and thats where he's scoring. Plus the only reason he scores their is because its easy. He has no real hockey skills compared to the elite players.

Antropov has been with the Leafs since they drafted him and hasn't been a threat till the first part of this season. He's always getting injured so another words we are paying him to sit and watch the game like us. Antropov has never been able to skate. He looks like Frankenstein on the ice and the new game is a open game for fast and quality skaters. The only reason he has scored this year is because they finally put him in front of the net like a Andreychuck. I still think he is a reliability to have on the team.

Pony has the speed but not the skill of a first liner. He also isn't a team player. If you watch games which I hope you do if you have a opinon. Pony is always standing still in the offensive end and waiting for everyone to pass to him. Sundin is suppose to be the one with all the skill....... the Leafs #1 ..... but Sundin is doing all the work with the puck around the net with guys holding on to him. Pony also will always get at least one penalty a game but usually more. All of them are hooking when all he has to do is skate and you'd think after getting 100 of them he'd realize...hmm I shouldn't do that.

Kubina was signed by our wonderful Ferguson for 5 mill. I think he hurts the team more then he helps. I swear he thinks he's the only player on the ice against the entire team because he won't stay in one spot. He floats so much especially in his own end which leaves the front of the net open and confuses the rest of his teammates and puts them out of position. I don't believe he is a very smart guy a simple source of that was the winning game against the Hurricanes. There was 8 seconds left at center ice....... he gets the puck and from his blue line tries for the open net. The Leafs were up by one goal and all he needed to do was skate in his own end with it or simply give it to his goalie.....by that time the game would've been over. Instead he missed and it was icing giving the Hurricanes the chance to win a faceoff in the Leafs end and tie the game.

McCabe has never and I mean never been a #1 player in his end. What he is .... is a forward trying to play D. He is getting payed 7 mill for a played thats really should be your 7th D. If you think he is so great... try comparing him to Scott Neidermayer getting payed 6.75 mill and Pronger getting 6.25. While McCabe is getting 7.15 mill. I ask.... do u think he's nearly as good as them. NOT........ Even though he had a couple of good goal seasons his plus/minus is nowhere near what is used to be 5 or 6 years ago. Actually he has been either a minus or barely a plus since then. What does that mean? It means he is either responsible or partially responsible for there being a goal allowed when he's on the ice just as much as he's been on the ice when they scored. That doesn't take when he's in the penalty box over 100 minutes...because you don't get a minus when your PK.

Well that's my view..... a frustrated fan lol

Thread Information