CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!

NFL Divisional Playoffs

OK, so who's winning this weekend????

Jags vs Pats (This is probably the only team in the NFL that could put an end to the Pats perfect season. They are tough and nasty and can control the clock with their run offence, should be a good game.)

Chargers vs. Colts (The Colts better come to play. After a shaky start the Chargers turned it on and could still suprise a few teams.)

Giants vs. 'Boys (Hope America's Team has got all their issues sorted out. The Giants are playing some good ball of late, could be a shocker.)

Seahawks vs. Packers (Does anyone else feel the Packers are the team of destiny to represent the NFC in the SB?. Favre always seems to manage to find a way to pull it out.)

With all that being said, here's my picks:

Pats over the Jags, but it will be another nailbitter.

Chargers over the Colts, I'm going with the underdog here. I'm sure I'm wrong, but I'd like to see them pull it off.

'Boys over the Giants, but barely. Romo will be breathing a sigh of relief after this game.

Packers over the 'Hawks, this is probably the only semi-blowout I see happening this weekend. The Pack are just pumped up this season.

Anyone else care to chime in?

*Disclaimer: I am by no means a NFL expert, this is just what I think will happen based on the games I've watched this year and from what I hear on NFL shows. I'm most likely way off and feel free to laugh at my predictions once the games are actually played. LOL!*
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston View Post
    OK, so who's winning this weekend????

Jags vs Pats (This is probably the only team in the NFL that could put an end to the Pats perfect season. They are tough and nasty and can control the clock with their run offence, should be a good game.)

Chargers vs. Colts (The Colts better come to play. After a shaky start the Chargers turned it on and could still suprise a few teams.)

Giants vs. 'Boys (Hope America's Team has got all their issues sorted out. The Giants are playing some good ball of late, could be a shocker.)

Seahawks vs. Packers (Does anyone else feel the Packers are the team of destiny to represent the NFC in the SB?. Favre always seems to manage to find a way to pull it out.)

With all that being said, here's my picks:

Pats over the Jags, but it will be another nailbitter.

Chargers over the Colts, I'm going with the underdog here. I'm sure I'm wrong, but I'd like to see them pull it off.

'Boys over the Giants, but barely. Romo will be breathing a sigh of relief after this game.

Packers over the 'Hawks, this is probably the only semi-blowout I see happening this weekend. The Pack are just pumped up this season.

Anyone else care to chime in?

*Disclaimer: I am by no means a NFL expert, this is just what I think will happen based on the games I've watched this year and from what I hear on NFL shows. I'm most likely way off and feel free to laugh at my predictions once the games are actually played. LOL!*
    Jags over the Pats. (sorry Mike) Jack Del Rio has his boys believing they're the ultimate underdog with nothing to lose.

Colts over the Chargers. Vinatieri will be the difference (again).

Giants over the Cowboys. Two words... Jessica Simpson

Packers/Seahawks. To close to call. Favre is having a fantastic season. Hasselbeck and Alexander are just plain GREAT. Holmgren returns to the frozen tundra with a score to settle. This is just going to be fun to watch.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Pats
    Colts
    Cowboys
    Seahawks
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

NFL Guru fundonny is on a distinguished road fundonny's Avatar
    Best chance of an upset is in Green Bay. Seattle covers the spread and I'm 50/50 on them winning the game.
    Giants cover the spread in Dallas but lose.
    Jacksonville covers but loses as well.
    Indy wins and covers (no Gates for SD is bad news).
    Donny Vantage NFL Guru, since 1974
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    Pats
    Colts
    Cowboys
    Packers
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Pat
    Colts
    Cowboys
    Seahawks <-----Only upset

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Pats to win and cover
    Colts to win and cover
    Dallas should win but in a close game (Giants +7,5)
    Seattle might win and will cover...

Jeez, Seattle jumps out 14-0 in the first few minutes, and then ka-blam! Didn't see that coming.

Jacksonville put up a good fight, and if it wasn't for a near-perfect game by Tom they might have won. Have to say that when it was 14-14, I was giddy. Oh well.

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    The Packers looked fantastic after quickly falling behind 14 - 0. They're a much better running team than I had given them credit for. They have the look of destiny about them.

The Jaguars thought themselves bound for glory as well, and for a while it looked as though their dreams might come true. The Patriots, however, wore them down in the end. Am the only one who sees a pattern here? The Pats look a bit soft and vulnerable in the first half, but inevitably they simply overcome whatever the other team throws at them. Remarkably, they won after having thrown only one pass to Moss for 14 yards! Brady, who was near perfect, found 8 different receivers. His best play of the night was the old Statute of Liberty. Faking a hand-off to the running back in the Red Zone, Brady momentarily had his back to the defence to complete the illusion. The Jaguars were fooled. By the time they figured it out, the defenders had lost a step to the receivers. Brady found him. 6 points. Magic.

Today, the Colts should win. Dallas is favoured against the Giants, but something tells me that the Giants could sneak past the Cowboys. It shouldn't happen, but this is playoff football. You just never know.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Hall of Fame Hacker is on a distinguished road Hacker's Avatar
    I'm hoping that the Chargers have one more good game left........I'm not a big Payton fan.

I think that Romeo will continue with his personal pattern of never winning a damn thing......I'm looking for the Giants to up-set America's Team and send Jessica into a hissy fit of tears

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    I think that Romeo will continue with his personal pattern of never winning a damn thing......
    Romo has started, what, 25-30 games in his career? I think it's a little early to say "pattern"...

Championship Cup sensfan63 is on a distinguished road
    I thought it was fairly fitting that the Patriots were able to "out-physical" the Jaguars. All I heard all week from the so-called experts was the Jags were such a physically dominant team and they should be able to run the ball all over the Pats. The Jags became the trendy pick because...why?...people simply don't like the Patriots. I'm not sure why. We are seeing one of the most dominant teams of all time and the lack of respect from some, and the utter disdain from a lot of others, boggles my mind.
    And I'm a Cowboys fan...

Doesn't it seem like Rodney Harrison ALWAYS gets the interception to seal the victory at the end of the game?

Well that could be it for Indy's Super Bowl chances (meaning the AFC Championship game). Without Bob Sanders, that defense isn't nearly as good. Does one player make that big of a difference? He does when they're already without Dwight Freeney.

Team Match Play Champ 2009 hoolio is on a distinguished road hoolio's Avatar
    If SD can put a little more pressure on Peyton, and maybe force a couple 3 & outs, this could really make my day. You have to give it to Indy's receivers though, they're just sitting down in the soft spots in the zone coverage that the Bolts are giving them.
    Let's put a Smile on that Face!

Been very impressed with Rivers. But man his mechanics are weird, and he doesn't get that much velocity on the ball (reason for his interception in the 1st quarter).

They must have raised the cost of yellow flags, because the refs seem to be trying to get their money's worth with them today. There have been a couple questionable calls today, especially that holding penalty on the Cromartie INT return at the end of the 1st half. It looked more like a hip throw on the Indy guy than a hold on Weddle.

Oh yay, Volek is in... Lets go Turner.

No worries, Rivers got his injection, he's gonna be back soon. Gotta love his confidence.

Bob Sanders is back too.

WOW, amazing job by the young rookie (even though he went to Ohio State, blech) staying in bounds, holy toledo. Great game!

Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    Oh yay, Volek is in... Lets go Turner.
    I'll bite my tongue next time. Volek had a great drive there, and that face-mask didn't hurt at all.

Norv Turner has won two playoff games. Um, should we be running to the nearest church, or getting as much canned goods, beer and batteries as possible? Surely this is a sign of the apocalypse!?!??!?! REPENT!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    If the Giants beat the Cowboys you gotta know that Eli is going to be riding Peyton in the off season.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!

Buh Bye Peyton!!

I didn't see many Charger predictions in this thread - gotta love a good upset, especially when it involves Peyton Manning

Quote Originally Posted by sensfan63 View Post
    Romo has started, what, 25-30 games in his career? I think it's a little early to say "pattern"...
    No it isn't. You only need 3 to have a pattern

To hear the press that this kid has gotten you'd think that his name was Tom Brady or something - best young quarterback to come along in the last 20 years PLEASE

He hasn't won a damn thing except for the 'Who can fumble away a sure play-off victory' competition

I didn't see it coming, but I get to wear my powder blue Rivers jersey next Sunday!

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Does that mean that the Chargers did a good move by firing Schottenheimer and replacing him by Norv Turner.

I still don't really like Turner ... but oh my he has got 2 playoff wins.

Quote Originally Posted by fundonny View Post
    I didn't see it coming, but I get to wear my powder blue Rivers jersey next Sunday!
    Gotta love the Baby Powder Blue jersey

You seriously have a Rivers?

Of course! Wore it with pride opening day against the Bears in SD! Bought it in late 2006/early 2007, started a thread about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    Gotta love the Baby Powder Blue jersey

You seriously have a Rivers?

I knew that you had one (A Powder Blue)...........I forgot it was a River's Jersey

Hall of Fame mpare is on a distinguished road mpare's Avatar
    The Giants deserved that victory. Romo must have felt like a Wack-a-Mole. Every time he dropped back to pass, he got nailed.

Did any one else wonder why Clayton stopped running on his way to the end zone on the second before last play? Romo's pass would have been right on the money had his receiver not decided to take a rest along the way.
    Proud member of the 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ottawa Golf Ryder Cup teams.

Thread Information