CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    6 Iron Biffster26 is on a distinguished road Biffster26's Avatar

Buyers Remorse????

My wonderful brothers gave me a $350.00 GT gift card to use towards a Scotty putter that I had mentioned in passing that I had my eye on, for which I am very gratefull. Well I used it today and picked up A Scotty Studio Style Newport 1.5. It is definatlely a sweet putter. The problem is that for some reason I feel real guilty right now I guess I will call it buyers remorse. The issue is that $350.00 on a putter (even a sweet Scotty) is a lot of money considering I already have 3 perfectly good putters that I use in rotation... a Ping Specify that is essentially the same specs as my new Scotty, a Callaway I-Trax and an Odyessy belly putter... other than that the bag is pretty set. Furthermore, I could have used the gift card to purchase a new bag and putters and some balls etc (instead of blowing it all in one place) also had I not mentioned thet putter I may have well received a Playsation 3 or something else. Anyhow not to sound like a spoiled sport (which I may well be I guess. It just seems like a lot to spend on a putter?). Question is now what to do? Keep the putter and hopefully the guilt will pass once summer comes, return it and get a bunch of little things as mentioned above, or cash out and get a playstaion 3 (I feel this is the wrong way to go as my brothers gave me a golf gift knowing how much I play and enjoy the game). Any Thoughts???

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Be thankfull for such loving family members, suck it up and enjoy what you were wishing for in the first place.
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Playstation. You can get SC used for way less and the PS3 you can use in the winter.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    You have what, 90 days, to think about it if you want to return it? It won't take that long, you'll probably know what you want to do in a week or two. Just sit on it and figure out what you really want. You don't need us telling you what to do.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Like yourself I bought a Scotty Circa 62 for myself when I retired in May. I thought I would treat myself to a little retirement gift.
    Turns out the Scotty was nice, but did not make me putt any better than my Yes or Rosa Fontanna.
    I sold it to Sillywilly!
    You can look at it this way. It was a gift. If someone had given you that putter as a gift would you keep it? I think so.
    But you make the call, it is your money.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Championship Cup atomic is on a distinguished road
    C'mon, if you want to talk about remorse, I just bid over $8000 on a set on Cameron putters. (Thankfully, I didn't win!)

$350 for a club that you will use somewhere around 30 strokes per game isn't over-spending. How much did you spend on your driver? Any you only get to use that 14 strokes per round.

If you really want to join the "dark side", post a FS on the other three and welcome to the family!

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    You have what, 90 days, to think about it if you want to return it? It won't take that long, you'll probably know what you want to do in a week or two. Just sit on it and figure out what you really want. You don't need us telling you what to do.
    Golftown's return policy has always been 30 days, so he will have to figure it out quick. I say cash out, get the ps3 and use your own money to buy the scotty brand new on ebay for less than you paid at GT.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    It is a gift and you should KEEP it... It didn't cost you anything. Your brother seem to listen to you and love you a lot so don't get him on your bad side by returning his gift.

You always have the option of selling the other 3 putters and buy a PS3 like it was suggested by Atomic).

If that is the only problem you have you are living the good life...lol.

Hall of Fame sillywilly is on a distinguished road sillywilly's Avatar
    ps3... winter, putter... summer

get the ps3
    willy
    email change to [EMAIL="depe.juneja@gmail.com"]depe.juneja@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

6 Iron Biffster26 is on a distinguished road Biffster26's Avatar
    Thanks for the input and reiterating what my thought was originally. I will be keeping the putter and am glad I used the Gift card to get it. The only reason he gave me the card was he was unsure as to the exact model I was looking at. If it was a putter that was wrapped up I would never have considered returning it as any gift is appreciated and respected. The fact that the gift card is like shopping does the thought of value even enter the equation. The playstation 3 can be purchased by myself anytime I want if I so wish to do so. The putter will be something I can have for a long time and think of him whenever I use it. As my brother is one of my favorite golf partners and unfortuanely do not play near as much as I wish as he currently lives out of the country. Thanks for letting me work out my thoughts publically.

Got My Card btasse is on a distinguished road btasse's Avatar
    You buy a driver for $400 - $500 bucks and the next year it's worth half and the year after that it's worth $100. And you use it 10-15 times a round and it gets you in trouble sometime .

You buy a SC putter for $350 and the next year it's still gets 80% of it's original value and the year after it's still worth 70% of it's original value. And a whole bunch of years down the road it will still get you 50% of it's orginal price. And you use 24-40 times a round (depending on your handicap) and it gets you out of trouble on a hole a lot of times .

Ummmmm....... It's a no brainer
    Golfing only thing on my mind.......

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I get a kick out of all the bags I see with $2000+ worth of irons and woods, and a $20 putter.

36 of 72 strokes in a regultion par round are with the putter. For the average golfer it's more like 30-40% of strokes. It begs the question... Why do people put so little empasis on such an important club as the putter?
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    if its the putter you really want, i would keep it for sure! Its not like you made a quick decision on that putter, its the one you have had your eye on for a while and you love it. I would love if my bro gave me a putter for Christmas. You say he wanted you to buy a putter, so i wouldn't think he would be as happy if you used the 350 to buy several smaller things.

Good luck with the putter, i now have 2 Scotty's and love them both.

Gap Wedge justinm is on a distinguished road justinm's Avatar
    im just going to throw this out there i own both and i use my scotty every week in the summer and almost every second in the winter with virtual golf and traveling and my ps3 is collecting dust half the time!! good choice on the scotty all the way!!!!!!! enjoy

Thread Information